In the headlines.. Again

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Angry neighbours demand apology from Molly Meldrum for wild party
Shannon Deery From: Herald Sun September 06, 20101:25PM

POLICE were called to the home of Molly Meldrum last night after a terrified neighbour complained about an out-of-control party. One neighbour called 000 three times after a bottle was thrown over his fence and smashed just inches from his bedroom window.The neighbour, who has asked to remain anonymous, said the party kicked off about 7pm but by 1.30am this morning had become "intolerable". They said the party was still going at 10.30am this morning.It is believed the function was an end-of-year celebration for Melbourne Storm, who played their last game of a troubled season at AAMI Park yesterday. Meldrum, the team's number one ticket holder, held a similar end-of-season party for the team last year.One angry neighbour said they had learned to tolerate frequent "all-night benders" by Meldrum."He never gives neighbours notice," they said. "You learn to get on with your neighbours ... everyone's better off."But this one was beyond acceptable."The neighbour said police were called to Meldrum's Richmond home shortly after midnight."I had gone to bed and thought it was no big deal, then a bottle smashed into my backyard right next to my bedroom window."I thought it had gone through my window ... I was absolutely terrified."The neighbour said they would be making a formal complaing to Melbourne Storm and expected an apology."The conduct of that football club was appalling ... the swearing was absolutely incredible."Why didn't they hire a nightclub, or go somewhere where they could let their hair down?"It was really frightening."They said police warnings did little to tame the party."People that live in the community have a right to have a night's sleep and not be exposed to conduct and langauage that frightens people."They should know better and they should have picked a location that wasn't part of a local neighbourhood on a Sunday night."Comment has been sought from Meldrum and Melbourne Storm, but they are yet to return calls.

:lol:
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Yeah they had every reason to be scared. They live in Richmond after all. They wouldn't know what celebrating the end of a successful season was. DAMN some ppl are retarded. They should be thankful one of the players didnt take the boat or car from the backyard & not claim it in the salary cap  :lol:
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

I didn't know Gallop lived in Richmond!!!
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

waveydavey wrote: I didn't know Gallop lived in Richmond!!!
Ahahaha! That actually made me 'LoL' when I read it. Maybe it's a relative of his at the least.

I have no FREAKIN' idea why they'd have felt scared tbh. Again, they must have thought Cooper or GI were gonna break in & steal something they missed out on in the salary cap revelations...
Monsoon
Monsoon

I assume the person who called the authorities looked something like this:

mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Imagine if we had the Grand Final Party there
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

FFS,  this happens every single weekend and people need to harden the hell up
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Na the bottle over the fence would've been enough for me too.
They should have found a better location for a Sunday night.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

HA! "If you cant handle the heat then get out of the kitchen" - if they dont like living next to Mr Party Animal then RELOCATE!!

You'd think players were pissing on their doorstep (possible but shhhh) and making extra noise ON PURPOSE just to piss off the neighbours!

ok ok.. so a stray bottle scares you, fair enough - still think they're bloody sooks though
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote: Comment has been sought from Meldrum and Melbourne Storm, but they are yet to return calls.
Not sober enough to answer the phone?
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was a private party in a private house.  Melbourne Storm do not have comment.  No one was seen doing anything anti social.  They only heard loud noise.  That could have been anyone.  Who else was invited?  Maybe there was some other people there celeabrating and all the Storm players were in bed by 10.00pm!  No one will even know.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just another excuse for muckraking on Melbourne Storm and rugby league generally. Typical of the Hunn and all News Limited papers!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote: Just another excuse for muckraking on Melbourne Storm and rugby league generally. Typical of the Hunn and all News Limited papers!
I agree.  Surely Molly has held lots of parties in the past also for his afl side, yet this one makes headlines.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The neighbour's probably just butthurt because he wasn't invited.
You had me at meat tornado.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote: The neighbour's probably just butthurt because he wasn't invited.
Or he could be upset Molly didnt wanna give his orafice a whirl
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler