So a "Sell Out" Crowd is now 20,500 for AAMI Park?!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Gee I thought the capacity was 30,000. I must have been wrong.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

you poor sad f**k
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I didn't already know the attendance figure and somebody had told me 28,000, I would have believed them.  The place fills out really well at 2/3.
You had me at meat tornado.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Because they judge that on ticket sales, membership numbers and corporates you lima lima lima duck. CLEARLY people didn't show up. Idiot
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look, any other team that was going to be rooted to the bottom of the ladder all season due to form would have less support than what we had through this year.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

^^^^^^^^^^^^ he was pointing at the fact it was promoted as a 'SELL-OUT'

Doesnt help when ppl buy a shitload of $1 tickets but mates pull out or they just buy them for the sake of it.. then there's Storm members who couldnt make it.....
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

I'm just annoyed at the fact that despite all the emotion, the game, the atmosphere etc etc all he can talk about is the stadium 'only' beeing 2 thirds full
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Put simple, anyone who didn't go to the game missed out on an unforgettable day!

P.S Loved Adam Blair's windmilling arm party trick to put on Tolman's try!!!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote: Put simple, anyone who didn't go to the game missed out on an unforgettable day!

P.S Loved Adam Blair's windmilling arm party trick to put on Tolman's try!!!
I fit into that bill, unfortunately :( I legit almost cried when I realized I couldn't make this match.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote: Gee I thought the capacity was 30,000. I must have been wrong.
ha ha my gut feeling came true.  I knew you would be posting some type of tripe on this forum tonight.

If you managed to get to the game, please tell us you stayed for the lap of honour and caught the fast train home.
Doboman
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

luvin.the.storm wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ he was pointing at the fact it was promoted as a 'SELL-OUT'

Doesnt help when ppl buy a shitload of $1 tickets but mates pull out or they just buy them for the sake of it.. then there's Storm members who couldnt make it.....
I share the sentiment that if you didnt go, you MISSED OUT! And I'm not only saying that cos I met Luvin today, the game was quite good also :P

Re: "Sell-out". To be fair, they only sold 15,500 in the first batch and 2,000 in the second. With roughly 500 being sold on the day, thats 18,000. There was 20,500. I personally beleive it's because they reserved so many for members (not wrongly, but its prob a big factor why there were a few scattered seats empty...)

Amazing day
Last edited by Doboman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/bungur/storm-1.jpg[/img]
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
billythekidslater wrote: Gee I thought the capacity was 30,000. I must have been wrong.
ha ha my gut feeling came true.  I knew you would be posting some type of tripe on this forum tonight.

If you managed to get to the game, please tell us you stayed for the lap of honour and caught the fast train home.
Yep I stayed for the lap of honour and only had to wait 2 minutes for the City Loop!

Thanks for asking!  :D
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

billythekidslater wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:

Yep I stayed for the lap of honour and only had to wait 2 minutes for the City Loop!

Your parents let you stay for that
When i see you post i think

"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:

If you really were there, you'd be able to tell us the song that played during the victory lap, right?
You had me at meat tornado.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billythekidslater wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:

Why oh why didnt you lay down on it markieboy