You've got to love Finchy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5911095916
"Even now I still can't believe the NRL has let us play the whole season for nothing," Finch told The Daily Telegraph. "It's a disgrace ... you've got guys like [Canberra Raiders president] John McIntyre coming out on their soap box and saying we've cost them a finals spot.
"Well, we're just doing what we've been told to do. Maybe they should've just kicked us out of the
comp - but don't get angry at us. Get angry at the NRL. It was their decision and I still shake my head," Finch added.
Now let's wait and see what the piss weak Gallop comes out and does over this - I'm sure he hasn't quite reached the bottom of the barrell yet!!!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sure enough they'll come after us again next year with something. A new grapple tackle rule perhaps, or maybe the 'cannot defeat teams Nth of the Murray' rule ;-)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe the rule that would please Mr canter & his cohorts the most,(being that they are soooooooooo impartial  :roll: ).
Storm not allowed to field anyone who has played rep footy for Queensland in more than X amount of games.

Na - That wouldn't happen - I'm just another of those paranoid ratbags from Melbourne  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Regarding teams or opposition fans who claim that the Storm have cost them a shot in the finals - maybe if they had won more of their other games they would have made it to the finals anyway.  There's too many variables and possibilities to say for sure that the Storm cost them their spot.  It's just a convenient excuse.
You had me at meat tornado.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:sign5:
For opposing teams & their fans Storm have always been 'a convenient excuse' for their own short comings,
(started back at the 1999 GF).
Long may our own performances remain the bane of their existence  \:D/
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the situation was reversed, would they be accepting of us suggesting that we had missed the finals because of a loss to them?  By the way raiders fans, I hope you enjoyed the two losses we dished out to you, I know I did!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Smith had a terrible night - We beat them
They played 20minutes of footy - We beat them,AGAIN!!!

They arent unbeatable in theyre current mental state,just dont
be completely stupid when you play against them,its simple and
there is no reason to bitch,we had to play them twice and we got
the 4 points,we deserved the 1st 2,the second 2 were more or less
a gift,lima lima lima duck wankers whinging because they have no mental fitness
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am glad Finchy came out and told the press what the players (and fans) were thinking about playing for no points.

Its all there in black and white for Gallop to read.....and respond?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote: I am glad Finchy came out and told the press what the players (and fans) were thinking about playing for no points.

Its all there in black and white for Gallop to read.....and respond?

I hope Gallop will respond. I`m trying to toilet-train my new pup at the moment and it would give me some sense of satisfaction to know that whatever the dog added to the article would only improve it`s content.  :)
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote: or maybe the 'cannot defeat teams Nth of the Murray' rule
I dont know about anyone else but I'm going to read that as 'cannot defeat teams *when* Nth of the Murray' not 'cannot defeat teams *from* Nth of the Murray'

:D

And ummm as for some of those teams complaining.. You're only in finals because we also ruined other teams' chances. ie: NOT JUST YOURS!!