scumbag scalper

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Check out this scumbag trying to scalp tickets to Storm V Newcastle game. If you are registered with ebay please report this seller.

Better still, if you are a police officer have this person arrested for scalping.

Presumably these tickets were purchased for $1 each and bidding at 11pm Fri was $71 each for Cat 1 tickets. Upto 4 available.

follow this link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Melbourne-Storm- ... AU_Tickets

It really annoys me that out of an act of selfless generosity from the Storm scumbags like this will try to profiteer.

this is my first post. I have only recently stumbled across this forum. As a very passionate supporter i felt it important to post this before introducing myself to forum members

GO STORM!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought ticket scalping was illegal and people could be prosecuted for the activity.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It can't be illegal because that's how I bought my GF tickets last year.
Idiots like these could be the reason we see empty seats even though its sold out.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scalping is illegal. But I think it's one of those crimes that are rarely enforced because a speed camera can't be used to make the arrest. I and a few others have reported this clown to eBay. Please do the same and anyone else who attempts this.
Storm have made this offer to thank it's fans by watching the boys play before a packed stadium. Not to make a handsome profit. Money raised from ticket sales is going towards ovarian cancer research, so this creep is stealing from a charity organization.
I'd sooner see 4 empty seats than have this bloke rip off Storm supporters
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i beleive legally you can sell the ticket for "face value" but not at an inflated price.

Bula...I understand many people buy tickets from scalpers at inflated prices however the activty itself is legislated as being unlawful
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I reported this to the club and Ebay.  Ebay will not do anything as they make too much money from Scalpers.  We will be lucky to get 20,000 to this game if the club is only selling 15,000 $1 tickets.  This game has gone from this is gonna be awesome to I hope we at least pull 20,000.  Come on Gauci sell the whole stadium. ???
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

They can't sell members tickets. There's close to 10,000 tickets just there. And I believe there's another 2000 or so to be sold on or close to match day. It will be full.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Go Storm wrote: They can't sell members tickets. There's close to 10,000 tickets just there. And I believe there's another 2000 or so to be sold on or close to match day. It will be full.
I hope you are right but a lot of people bought memberships just to support the club, people who live interstate etc.  I have two AFL mates who bought memberships after salary cap scandal but don't go to any games.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This really pisses me off... the money went to charity and these people are profiting....

2 more sellers...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Melbourne-Storm- ... 1477wt_913

I know it is in vein but report them anyway...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From Ticketek

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/Help/faqs.aspx

Can I sell tickets using unauthorised sellers such as an online auction site like eBay?

Selling tickets for above their face value via auction sites or any other unauthorised means is in breach of
Ticketek's Terms and Conditions of Sale. Any customers found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions
may have their tickets cancelled, their My Ticketek account closed and their credit card black-listed by Ticketek.

If you can't attend an event for legitimate reasons and want to sell your ticket via an online auction site, Ticketek
will not object to your sale as long as the selling price is no more than the face value of the ticket. For example,
you can use eBay's Buy Now function as long as the ticket price is set at face value or below.

StormFront......
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe the club should clearly state somewhere that if you get to AAMI Park early enough, you'll probably still be able to get in.
You had me at meat tornado.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote: Maybe the club should clearly state somewhere that if you get to AAMI Park early enough, you'll probably still be able to get in.
Good idea.  An ad. in the Herald Sun would be the way to go.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it is legal to sell tickets through ebay as long as it is for auction and not "buy it now".

the tickets can start at or below face value and let the bidders inflate the price
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yeah, its not illegal unless the event is on the 'declared list' which is covered by legislation - such as AFL Grand Finals and other major sporting events. It's way too difficult (and often unnecessary) to pass legislation to cover each individual event, especially a home and away footy match. So unfortunately in this case, though perhaps morally wrong, the scalpers are doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Repost....

It is illegal to sell tickets for more than face value at time of original purchase....

From Ticketek

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/Help/faqs.aspx

[glow=red,2,300]Can I sell tickets using unauthorised sellers such as an online auction site like eBay?[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Selling tickets for above their face value via auction sites or any
other unauthorised means is in breach of Ticketek's Terms and Conditions of Sale.[/glow]
Any customers found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions
may have their tickets cancelled, their My Ticketek account closed and their credit card black-listed by Ticketek.

If you can't attend an event for legitimate reasons and want to sell your ticket via an online auction site, Ticketek
will not object to your sale as long as the selling price is no more than the face value of the ticket. For example,
you can use eBay's Buy Now function as long as the ticket price is set at face value or below.

StormFront......