Typical Gallop - News Article

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

You're forgetting one thing Eagle, he hasn't got any balls, John Hartigan has them in jar at News Ltd.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

waveydavey wrote: You're forgetting one thing Eagle, he hasn't got any balls, John Hartigan has them in jar at News Ltd.
So thats easy,put oversized fishhooks through the shoulders of hartigan and make gallops mouth hold
on for grim death to the teabag of hartigan?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice of Gallop to come down for what clearly is a token gesture after the stink that was kicked up about it during the week. Oh to be a fly on the wall  :lol:

NRL chief executive David Gallop will today come face to face with angry Melbourne Storm players for the first time since slamming them with severe penalties in the wake of the club's systematic rorting of the salary cap. In what looms a fiery showdown ahead of the Storm's emotional final match of the season, Gallop will fly to Melbourne this morning and address the players before training this afternoon. "You can bet there will be some tough questions asked," a Storm insider said last night.

Gallop can certainly expect a chilly reception. Privately, the Storm players are angry they were never given an in-depth explanation of why the NRL handed down such harsh penalties - and so quickly - especially when they were unaware of the rampant cheating that was happening under their noses. In April, the NRL stripped Melbourne of their premierships from 2007 and 2009 and forced them to play for no points this season. Gallop's 11th-hour visit comes in the wake of a war of words between the NRL boss and Storm coach Bellamy last week. Bellamy revealed his frustrations on The Matty Johns Show last Thursday about no official from the NRL fronting the players to explain the course of action taken.

"One of the disappointing things is that we haven't seen someone from the NRL," Bellamy said. "We've seen some people from News Limited - they own the club - but we haven't seen anyone from the NRL. "Whether that's the right thing to do or not ... the penalties have been harsh. As a group of players and staff, we'd like to know how they came to those penalties. They're a lot different to the Bulldogs and Warriors [penalties] in the past."

As reported in The Daily Telegraph last Saturday, Gallop was furious when told of Bellamy's attack. "I find that rich coming from Craig," Gallop said. "I offered on day one to come down and meet with the players and coaching staff but they weren't ready. "I have been liaising with [new Storm chief executive] Ron Gauci in recent times and, following Craig's comments, hoping to address the players in the next week or so."
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

The point being Gallop should not have offered to come down, or even wait to be invited, he SHOULD have come down to address the club in April - that's just good managment (not really something Gallop is often accused of!!!).
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Once again it is all our fault according to Gallop.  He is never wrong.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As if the players would wanted to have seen him that day or the day after - they needed time to
take it in and try and understand.

Like people offering grief counciling whilst the fires were still burning on Black Saturday,
although they had good intent - people where in shock and at that point grief for many
had not set in... it was some time after and even now that those effected need the help..
(In no way is that meant to offend anyone from Black Saturday, I to was very close to loosing my house)

Same with Gallop... the Storm needed time to absorb and comprehend the issue first.
He has absolutely no management skills, understanding nor do the people advising him.
Last edited by StormFront on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote: As if the players would wanted to have seen him that day or the day after - they needed time to

Like people offering grief counciling whilst the fires were still burning on Black Saturday,
although they had good intent - people where in shock and at that point grief for many
had not set in... it was some time after and even now that those effected need the help..
(In no way is that meant to offend anyone from Black Saturday, I to was very close to loosing my house)

Same with Gallop... the Storm needed time to absorb and comprehend the issue first.
He has absolutely no management skills, understanding nor do the people advising him.
I get what you're trying to say but that is a very poor comparison. Comparing the loss of many lives and homes to that of a couple of premiership/point strippings is a bit of a stretch.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
StormFront wrote: As if the players would wanted to have seen him that day or the day after - they needed time to

I get what you're trying to say but that is a very poor comparison. Comparing the loss of many lives and homes to that of a couple of premiership/point strippings is a bit of a stretch.
Its not to much of a stretch,heartbrake and loss of everything theyve worked so hard to build
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

The Eagle wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote:

Its not to much of a stretch,heartbrake and loss of everything theyve worked so hard to build
I know, don't worry, I still shed the odd tear.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cowbell-Mark wrote: I get what you're trying to say but that is a very poor comparison. Comparing the loss of many
lives and homes to that of a couple of premiership/point strippings is a bit of a stretch.
That is NOT the comparison I made at all - it was about grief and how and when is the right time to deal with it
I did not compare the lose of lives at all - just the way the grief was dealt with - which is a direct relationship
to the way some counsellors jumped in and how Gallop reportedly tried to jump in.....

As I also said I almost lost my house and animals and know people close to me that lost lives,
houses, animals absolutely everything burnt to the ground .......

I guess people can take what they want from things and turn them into anything at all......
Thats the problem with the web unfortunately and on this site it seems to be
happening more and more when people do not read the whole post and take sections
out to mean something totally different...

Whilst I do support the storm 100% and have done since inception... it is still just a game...
Life has far more important issues to deal with for me....
Last edited by StormFront on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StormFront......
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote: I get what you're trying to say but that is a very poor comparison. Comparing the loss of many
lives and homes to that of a couple of premiership/point strippings is a bit of a stretch.
That is NOT the comparison I made at all - it was about grief and how and when is the right time to deal with it
I did not compare the lose of lives at all - just the way the grief was dealt with - which is a direct relationship
to the way some counsellors jumped in and how Gallop reportedly tried to jump in.....

As I also said I almost lost my house and animals and know people close to me that lost lives,
houses, animals absolutely everything burnt to the ground .......

I guess people can take what they want from things and turn them into anything at all......
Thats the problem with the web unfortunately and on this site it seems to be
happening more and more when people do not read the whole post and take sections
out to mean something totally different...

Whilst I do support the storm 100% and have done since inception... it is still just a game...
Life has far more important issues to deal with for me....

I apologize, but in no way I tried to mix your words around to make what you sound different. The cntext you were saying it in musn't have translated well over text writing. I was in no means trying to offend you.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cowbell MArk - thank you ... all is cool...  :D

StormFront......