Thanks Melbourne.......

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote: Lets just hope it doesn't clash with a game at the G for the first week of AFL finals. Though given the top 4 sides have 3 Melbourne teams and Geelong it might be a good chance it will unfortunately. I'm sure we'll still get a good crowd but you'd still have to think it'll impact us.
If there is any way of ensuring there is a clash, the AFL & Demetriou will make it their priority to make sure this happens.

If there is a final at 2pm, it would be a good idea to maybe start the Storm game at 4-4:30pm so they some people can come over for a look afterwards.

If the Storm & rugby league were run by people who A) understood Melbourne & B) were not JUST there to cater to their TV audience, I think we could lift Storm's audience by 10% by deliberately avoiding direct clashes with AFL games in town at the same time. The AFL releases their draw in November & the NRL fixes their dates 4 weeks out. No excuses Mr Gallop!

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As a member I paid to be a member and to get my seats for every game. It doesn't devalue my membership to offer $1 seats.

Good on Melbourne - it is a great idea and will generate some more hype about the last game.  It will give the game more atmosphere to have a bit crowd, and hopefully it will lead to good crowd sizes early next year.

I notice that some of the Sydney clubs are offering free entry to any other NRL club member to celebrate retiring players. 

I think it is a nice thank you gesture which will re-inforce the position the players, coaches and officials have taken since the news broke.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its a fantastic idea and I am not one bit phased about it devaluing my membership at all.

I recently emailed the Storm about their 3 game package they released not long ago and got a reply saying they will be reviewing their packages for next year which sounds promising.

Anyway I am more worried about getting 3 tickets for some friends who want to go to the game, but having problems with the site.

Would it be a better idea to perhaps get to a ticketec agency?
stormfan
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote: Its a fantastic idea and I am not one bit phased about it devaluing my membership at all.

I recently emailed the Storm about their 3 game package they released not long ago and got a reply saying they will be reviewing their packages for next year which sounds promising.

Anyway I am more worried about getting 3 tickets for some friends who want to go to the game, but having problems with the site.

Would it be a better idea to perhaps get to a ticketec agency?
I tried calling Ticketek yesterday and they said it was an internet only deal - so I'm guessing that means you won't be able to buy them through an agency either.

I have 3 extra tickets though that I'm trying to give away if you're interested
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Right now there are single seats only everywhere but general admission.  I'm confident we'll see a sell out.
You had me at meat tornado.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just as a matter of interest. My brother has just bought some G.A tickets ( basically all he could get for a group of 3)  but there is no seat allotment on them. Has anyone else found this? I sort of thought that even with G.A. tickets they would still have a seat allotment to ensure that people who bought groups of tickets would be able to sit together. My brother has two young kids so he is a bit worried now about it. I know we can just get there early but we were all planning to have a picnic along the river before the game and it would just have been a bit more relaxed if we didn`t have to rush to grab seats. 
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Unless it states it is a ticketed game - which at this point I have not heard that...
General Admin - are open seating... thus allowing people with groups of four or more to sit together...

First in to get a seat is normally how it works...
just as people have done all season to get a particular seat in the G.A. area.

I have reserved seating and will be unhappy if people are sitting in my seats.....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ok , thanks for that SF. We`ve got reserved seats as well normally so its been a long time since we`ve used the G.A. seating. We`ll just have to get there early . Cheers
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

General Admission has to be open seating as otherwise all other GA members would need to
be sent allocated tickets to the game and that would then really annoy a lot of people who
wouldn't get to sit with their friends as Storm/Ticketek wouldn't know who sits with who in GA.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

jellyhead wrote: More tickets released ...

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... y&id=29518
But Ticketek still saying that only G.A. seating available in any number more than 1. I`m wrapped that the tickets are selling so fast but I was hoping that I might have been able to score some tickets up in a designated area . Ah well... can`t have everything  :D
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There was some confusion about GA tickets so I emailed Storm
- Message from Storm re General Admin: 

If you have purchased a general admission ticket it is first in first
served as the seating is not allocated.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There seems to be a few people on here who bought 4 tickets just for the sake of them being cheap, when really they only needed 1.  This worries me and ensures it definately will not be capacity even if it sells out.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everything but category three is sold out - even general admission is full.
You had me at meat tornado.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm_rhinos wrote: Its a great idea - a full stadium will be great BUT......it doesnt really help us members as such...after forking our over 400 bucks i wonder if their will be any preferential offers next year....its us committed members who have weathered the hard time more than the fans who get in for a buck
Completey agree.
My main beef with the $1 tickets are that I am a member, albeit on a general admission ticket, but felt compelled to buy a $6 ticket just to ensure I get to see the game! The $1 tickets don't really say thanks to the members at all. We are the ones who have already paid up! The $1 seats will benefit nonmembers and first-timers. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that as many people as possible will get to see the game. But to palm it off as saying thanks to us...well some thanks...I paid for my seat twice!
2012 premiers. Legit.