RENI MAITUA TO THE STORM?........... *breaking news* he has signed with the eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Last edited by storma01 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Storm has lost an international backrower in Ryan Hoffman as part of the purge of talent to get the club under the $4.2 million salary cap.

But Melbourne might not be able to match what the Eels and Tigers can offer.

Maitua cannot even train with a NRL team or use their club facilities until mid-May when his ban expires, and that could reduce his price significantly, to under $100,000. The lure of Melbourne Storm's environment -- being out of the rugby league spotlight in Sydney and working with the former assistant Test coach and NSW Origin coach Bellamy -- is strong.
May before he even gets to training?
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote: Yes!!!!!!!!!!
Double yes!!!!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormsally wrote:
The Storm has lost an international backrower in Ryan Hoffman as part of the purge of talent to get the club under the $4.2 million salary cap.

Maitua cannot even train with a NRL team or use their club facilities until mid-May when his ban expires, and that could reduce his price significantly, to under $100,000. The lure of Melbourne Storm's environment -- being out of the rugby league spotlight in Sydney and working with the former assistant Test coach and NSW Origin coach Bellamy -- is strong.
Whats up with the Tan Track and Belly's Home Gym!!!  :laugh:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Similar to Steve Turner where he couldn't train or use any facilities.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote:

I've read a few of your posts about this since it was mentioned via The Footy Show on Thursday night & I'm curious as to why you're so down on Reni?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

J-Storm wrote:
stormsally wrote:

I've read a few of your posts about this since it was mentioned via The Footy Show on Thursday night & I'm curious as to why you're so down on Reni?
Let's see...
- because he's a thug on and off the field
- because he's a drug user
- because he would be a terribly bad example to our young players
- because he's not a team player

Need any more?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You'd think that's behind him though.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
J-Storm wrote:
stormsally wrote: May before he even gets to training?
Let's see...

Need any more?
Have to agree,with the black eye you already have you need better than this
livewire moron,Wendell Sailor worked because his was recreational,This man
is an absolute cheat,your already labelled as cheats by many,you dont need a
real cheat in your squad of 25,even during these desperatish times

Before this is seen as a trollish,read it properly i dont think it needs further explanation
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
J-Storm wrote:
stormsally wrote: May before he even gets to training?
Let's see...

Need any more?

...and besides all that, and more relevant imo, he has done SFA for 5 years.

No thanks
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote:
J-Storm wrote: I've read a few of your posts about this since it was mentioned via The Footy Show on Thursday night & I'm curious as to why you're so down on Reni?
Let's see...

Need any more?
Have to agree,with the black eye you already have you need better than this
livewire moron,Wendell Sailor worked because his was recreational,This man
is an absolute cheat,your already labelled as cheats by many,you dont need a
real cheat in your squad of 25,even during these desperatish times

Before this is seen as a trollish,read it properly i dont think it needs further explanation

I agree with you Eagle (lotti) I think we should not use our criminal quota on him, we should spend it on a rapist like you guys have...
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

So because he made a lapse in judgement it makes him the Devil of the NRL. Glad to see that society is so forgiving, & ppl wonder why the world is as screwed as it is...

I'd give the guy a 2nd chance under Bellamy because I'm sure Craig would make it well known (if others close to him havent already) that one more slip-up & he is history. Lote, Wendell & even Greg Bird have all been given another chance & made something of it (as will Stewart IF he gets fit & back on the field) so why shouldn't reni be given the same right...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Craig and Reni Maitua are reasonably close and have a healthy dose of respect for each other.

No better or stronger basis in the whole world on which to finish a career on a very high note.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

J-Storm wrote: So because he made a lapse in judgement it makes him the Devil of the NRL. Glad to see that society is so forgiving, & ppl wonder why the world is as screwed as it is...

I'd give the guy a 2nd chance under Bellamy because I'm sure Craig would make it well known (if others close to him havent already) that one more slip-up & he is history. Lote, Wendell & even Greg Bird have all been given another chance & made something of it (as will Stewart IF he gets fit & back on the field) so why shouldn't reni be given the same right...
I just think he's been crapola for years and we're covered for back-rowers.