Some interesting player stats 2010 so far

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have only incuded players who have played most games.  Sika, Kite, Oneil etc not enough games to compare to everyone else.

HALVES

Brett Finch:        17 line break assists.  4 line breaks.  14 Try assists.  3 Tries.  34 Tackle breaks.  50 Missed Tackles.  21 Errors.  0 40/20 kicks
Cooper Cronk:  11 line break assists.  3 line breaks.  18 Try assists.  3 Tries.  16 Tackle Breaks.  49 Missed Tackles.  12 Errors.  4 40/20 kicks

BACKS

Billy Slater:        16 line break assists.  9 line breaks.  10 Try assists. 10 Tries.  81 Tackle Breaks.  42 Missed Tackles.  30 Errors.         
Greg Inglis:        4 line break assists.  9 line breaks.    4 Try assists.  9 Tries.  69 Tackle Breaks.  44 Missed Tackles.  22 Errors. 

FORWARDS

Jeff Lima:            3 line breaks.  95.4 Average meters.  2 Tries.  21 Tackle Breaks.  30 Missed Tackles.  9 Errors. 
Byan Norrie:      2 line breaks.  79.5 Average meters.  2 Tries.  20 Tackle Breaks.  19 Missed Tackles.  4 Errors.

Other mentions:  Anthony Quinn 10 line breaks 7 tries  in 9 games
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Billy Slater being the Fullback and missing that many tackles seems very high.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BIG JIM wrote: Billy Slater being the Fullback and missing that many tackles seems very high.
A fullback will always miss a lot of tackles because they are usually 1 on 1 and going for tries.

Lachlan Coote 42
Josh Dugan 37
Rhyss Wesser 37
Jarryd Hayne 31

etc etc
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

BIG JIM wrote: Billy Slater being the Fullback and missing that many tackles seems very high.
These stat's don't show everything. Billy would be the highest in the comp by far for try-saving tackles.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
These stat's don't show everything. Billy would be the highest in the comp by far for try-saving tackles.
I loved seeing him get ran over by T Rex,sorry but that was a career highlight for T Rex
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote:
I loved seeing him get ran over by T Rex,sorry but that was a career highlight for T Rex
I'm sure T Rex will have (and probably already does have) plenty of other, better, highlights in his career than running over one player half his size... but the fact that you rate this moment so highly for him is actually indicative of the stature of Slater and quite a decent compliment for Billy.  ;)
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote:

And that will be his only career highlight lol :P
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote:

btw do you know lotti....you sound like him....
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

scriptyx wrote: btw do you know lotti....you sound like him....
???  :-k Could have sworn Lotti was a she  :laugh:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote:
Exactly; it was a career highlight, whereas Billy rolling an attacking player onto his back and saving a try is such a regular occurence that it is considered "usual".

The reason Slater is judged so harshly for his errors is the level of his usual performance. He is marked harder than almost any player in the competition because of his usual incredibly high standard. His positional play is second to none.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
TC wrote: These stat's don't show everything. Billy would be the highest in the comp by far for try-saving tackles.
Exactly; it was a career highlight, whereas Billy rolling an attacking player onto his back and saving a try is such a regular occurence that it is considered "usual".

The reason Slater is judged so harshly for his errors is the level of his usual performance. He is marked harder than almost any player in the competition because of his usual incredibly high standard. His positional play is second to none.
T Rex has been getting better but still plays like a girl for a man his size,he'll get raped this weekend by the beast....
Slater has only 1 true rival,One who has unfortunatly been out the past 2 years and may never play FG again knowing
the hatred of Manly in the general population,although if he did do it,i hope he dies slowly,but the current charge is
somewhat less disgusting than the original one,its a shock Snr Hopoate isnt in jail for it,video evidence and all

Other Fullbacks
Dugan,well he is alright but i dont see him at that level now or in the future,his more a Hayne

Hayne,Freak yes,Fullback well,i dont think his worth Billy or Bretts nut sweat

Minnichello,Past his prime perhaps but still a brilliant player worthy of praise

Boyd,Boring!!!!

Hopoate Jnr,His as safe as Brett under the high ball but my only FG viewing of him had him running poorly due to injury

That kid from Penrith,Not upto the standard of Slater nor Stewart

Mid Season tigers fullback,Not bad but not great either

Wesser,Fast yes,SOO Rep,never!

Gidley,Biggest choker in the league,was stripped of ball by Thurston twice during SOO,Ball security is a fullbacks job,this guy is
possibly the most overrated player to ever lace a boot and his career highlights will have him standing behind Joey Johns and
that try saving tackle during SOO 2009 which put some bastard out the sideline

Bowen,Creates alot and would do well with a good team,not at the top echelon though,lots of speed and should definatly race vs Bolt

Brisbanes fullback,just what does this guy do? he is one of those players on the field that make up numbers

Brett Stewart,Uninjured the only real threat to Slater in the Australian jersey,may not get another shot being close to the same age
and he may end up like Nik Kosef if he makes the field again,In bomb taking and ball security and tryscoring id say he would win
Bomb diffusing and try scoring/setting them up

Slater,I hate this guy more than any fullback in the competition,tactics i see as dirty and underhanded (Elbows,Feet first decapitation attempts
and worthy a world heavyweight championship in the WWE) but i admit,on top of his game absolutely electrifying,being a manly and Blues supporter
i honestly hate seeing this man succeed,which he often does to my dismay,i may hate him and think his a grub on the field,but at this point i couldnt
hand the #1 green and gold to anyone else without it being completely bias and worthy of a kick to the sack,I hate you but you are *lima lima lima duck* gold 99% of
the time (Not going for legs on Trex and passing a brilliant inside world cup winning ball to Marshall not withstanding is the 1% i fault him on)
Sure he may have done alot of stupid shit during his career but,noone else is in his league and playing at this point in time

That is why that moment will be in a T Rex gold montage,kid either needs to realise his size or transplant his brain with Tom Leyroyd-Larrs or
Jarrod Warea-Hargraves because HE PISSES ME OFF,RUN YOU BIG BASTARD AND STEAMROLL MOAR!!!

And no offense to Slater,but him doing that to Watmough has to be a career highlight,id have bet my left one on Watmough scoring from that range 1 on
1 with a man of Slaters size

AND NO IM NOT LOTTI!!! lol,i go for one team i dont double dip,she tried to add me on FB once and i seen the revolting merge of Storm and Manly gear she
was wearing and yeah,vomitted in my own mouth alot
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What a find Norrie has been
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote: And no offense to Slater,but him doing that to Watmough has to be a career highlight,id have bet my left one on Watmough scoring from that range 1 on
So you'd think, until you look at the long but distinguished list he's done it to.
Watmough, Webke, Lewis (Luke), Hayne, Hannant, Pritchard, Vatuvai, Smith (Jeremy)... the list goes on and on.

One of the marks of a truly great player is that you're surprised when they don't do the miraculous.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
The Eagle wrote: And no offense to Slater,but him doing that to Watmough has to be a career highlight,id have bet my left one on Watmough scoring from that range 1 on
So you'd think, until you look at the long but distinguished list he's done it to.
Watmough, Webke, Lewis (Luke), Hayne, Hannant, Pritchard, Vatuvai, Smith (Jeremy)... the list goes on and on.

One of the marks of a truly great player is that you're surprised when they don't do the miraculous.
I still think stopping the DNA Freak from that range was the best peice of defense in 2010
Which is why i was proud of T Rex for trampling him,im not saying T Rex is or will be great,but
to run over the best playing fullback of this year,its unlikely for anyone to ever do that when
so many big name and noted players have failed (IE your List)

This year i hear Daylight is the backup aussie fullback,with Stewart injured if Aus lose slater we
are lima lima lima duck in that position,Jarrod "always out of position dreaming of a plane" Hayne,Dugan is
to young and inexperienced,same goes for the kid from penrith and i guess Bowen or Minnichello would have to
be the backup,we have a serious lack of depth in fullback for Australia in this years four nations

Not that i dont think The Count or Bowen couldnt do it,i just dont think australia could play with
such a non attacking fullback,i think the australian team is to used to the attacking flair Slater/Stewart provide

Your thoughts?
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler