LOL at the Under 20's!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Ha you just had to laugh at their performance today.

They lead 42-22 with 13 minutes to go and ended up losing 46-42.

Embarrassing isn't it
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nearly as much of a joke as u are  ;-) then again, thats hard to beat considering how much of a muppet u are.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Boys would have learned a good lesson from this.. about playing the full 80 and if you switch off you can lose it..
Best time for it to happen.. before they hit first grade..

I like these U20's.. some of these guys are gunna shine in the coming years..
Monsoon
Monsoon

simo wrote: Boys would have learned a good lesson from this.. about playing the full 80 and if you switch off you can lose it..
Best time for it to happen.. before they hit first grade..

I like these U20's.. some of these guys are gunna shine in the coming years..
Agreed.

Chisholm, Fonua, Harris, Bromwich, Morseau and Woolford are all destined for 1st grade. Hampton too could be something special, but like most of this bunch he is still atleast 2 years off.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The under 20's is abit of a joke to be honest. To go from that to first grade!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was very surprised to see them give up a lead like that and lose.  The Rabbitohs just kept running them in to the point where it was getting ridiculous.  But, to say "LOL at the Under 20's!!" is a bit of a dick comment.
You had me at meat tornado.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

third played 2nd last - maybe you should have LOL'd Souths giving up their early lead to let Storm get 42-22 ahead in the first place
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote: The under 20's is abit of a joke to be honest. To go from that to first grade!
We need to recognise the U20s for what it is. Its not necessarily the next step to FG,  just one of the pathways.
I agree with Noa, they're improving.  With another pre-season and focussed defence work this team will go well in 2011. They're young compared to most of the others and the U20s comp is all swings and roundabouts.  Most clubs have to re-build every few years & Storm promoted a lot of  the experienced U20 players into NSW/Fg this year which left a young (but gutsy) side. 
These young guys are on a journey and far from a joke - lets support them!  Bring on 2011.

stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They showed they have got attacking flair, but need to work on their defence - which could be said of all the U20's.

They are starting to 'look' the part (ie developing the body size).
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Monsoon
Monsoon

Morseau, A'auva, Fonua, Williame, Harris, Hampton.

Some of our best players.

I think you will find they all started the year in sg ball (u/18's), all have 2 years left to develop in the 20's. Next year we'll be great.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fatty on the footy show last week was saying it shoudl be under 22's. which would be better..

I think Andrew Johns made the comment, that the backs can go alright.. but the forwards is to big of a jump and they get lost in FG.