BELLAMY COMMENT P$#%ES ME OFF!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

"I'm not excited, I must say, but we have got a young side and a very inexperienced side so it's certainly a challenge," Bellamy said.

Now I love Bellamy as much as every Storm supporter but when I read this I had to do a double take.  A coach should not say that.  Doesn't exactly instill confidence in the blokes for next year.  I'm excited about our list, I think we got rid of some players well passed their best(Hoffman, White).  We still have many internationals. SLATER, SMITH, CRONK, BLAIR, MANU, STANLEY(not for a while I know) & WIDDOP(I know 1 game for poms against France but still).  Add in QUINN(origin) DUFFIE(future NZ), O'NIELL(future QLD).  I'm more than Excited Craig  :D
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think thats taken out of context.. as the article relates to GI goin and Bellamy being heartbroken.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its dissapointing to read, we still have the talent to have a real good show next year. I'll give beelyache some slack though, poor guys been shot to bits this year.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The reporter probably posed a question along the lines of "How excited/Are you excited about blah blah blah" and now, by leaving out that little tidbit, Bellamy's comment looks like he doesnt give a shit
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

luvin.the.storm wrote: The reporter probably posed a question along the lines of "How excited/Are you excited about blah blah blah" and now, by leaving out that little tidbit, Bellamy's comment looks like he doesnt give a shit
Agree with this.
Don't believe everything you read. Bellyache is the most positive person at the club. He either said it and it was reported out of context, or he slipped up.
Nobody has had to bear the brunt of this season more than him. We can forgive him one slip up if that was the case.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've gotta say that's very unbellyache like if we're to take it at face value though who knows what context it was meant in given the way things are reported sometimes. In saying that i'm sure after the year the great man has had on top of one of his favorite boys walking out on the club this week as well as other players having to leave he may very well had a slip as tugga mentioned given the toll it's taken and i reckon he could certainly be forgiven for that all things considered.

It's no secret how dedicated and driven Craig is in his job, most likely more so out of all coaches in the game and i don't think there's ANY doubt once this abomination of a season is over there'll be no coach working harder than Belly in the off season and he'll relish the challenge ahead. When he took over from Muppet *shudder* he had a shitload less to work with then (yes i know who was there but they were only young blokes starting out) in comparison to what he has now and it'll only be a matter of time before we'll be a major force again. It'd be so hard for himself and the players to be motivated especially with the finals around the corner and knowing we won't be a part of it but when that's out of the way it'll be game on again and business as usual.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I listened to him on SEN the other night and he really sounded tired and drained. He really is shattered by all that's happened I feel that he thinks everything at the moment ain't going his way. As supporters we just have to get behind Storm as we have done. Roll on 2011
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Excited is when you think you are heading into season in the best possible position.
A 'Challenge' is what we are up against next year, no matter how much of a positive spin you put on it.

Give the bloke a break - I'd rather he be himself than spouting spin for our benefit. 

Bring on the challenge.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How do you think he will be feeling if he was to lose Kearney aswell.Would he be happy for him or would it be a wrench to lose him aswell.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BIG JIM wrote: How do you think he will be feeling if he was to lose Kearney aswell.Would he be happy for him or would it be a wrench to lose him aswell.
It would be a kick in the guts to Craig if Mooks goes. Craig was mentoring him into taking over the reigns after the 2012 season.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've always lived in hope like i'm sure most of us has the Mooks sticks around until Bellyache's contract is up and takes over then. Craig has made it pretty clear he'd be happy to see out his contract then give the coaching game away altogether so hopefully big Steve can hang around until then. Given he's been at the club since 1999 and is a Storm man through and through he's about the only bloke i'd feel comfortable and happy with taking over when Craig moves on.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Poor guy already lost Maguire, dont let them get Kearney too!
Oh how will his heart go on!?

Tongue in cheek a bit but also semi-serious :(
mcnulty
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mabye what craig said was to take a bit of pressure off the young guys. Whatever happens next year will be steps in the right direction. Im excited about next year. We will be in the mix come the finals next season. The road to the top of the mountain again begins:-)