Scott Dureau 5/8 replacement?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scott Dureau from the Knights has been told his contract wont be renewed for next year. He has potential but his defence is atrocious. Would you take him as a 5/8 for next year? He'd be pretty cheap you'd think considering he's never established himself, but he can play!

Would you take him?
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As a back up for Widdop yes  :D
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote: Scott Dureau from the Knights has been told his contract wont be renewed for next year. He has potential but his defence is atrocious. Would you take him as a 5/8 for next year? He'd be pretty cheap you'd think considering he's never established himself, but he can play!

Would you take him?
Never really watched him play but I think it would be a risk to bring someone else down and put them in the pathway that guys like Widdop and Kelly are looking at as their entrance in to the FG team. They might become discouraged and decide to go elseware
              I`d much rather see Widdop and Billy Slater rotating between 1 and 6 next year, at least as an experiment. It could be pretty interesting to watch
Last edited by Woody on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes! But I think Catalans will get him. http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/ ... 10966.aspx
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote: As a back up for Widdop yes   :D
Ditto, he would go alright in the NSW Cup
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I knew somthing was going on when we played the knights feeder club (GONE BLANK) in nsw cup like 3 weeks ago at Olympic park Scott was playing I know I know not big news but after the game I was walking by the dressing rooms and noticed scott deep in conversation with Frank Ponessi I didnt think anything of it at the time but since I just read that I think craig could get him playing good
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: Image
LOL how about Marc Herbert from the raiders?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would give Herbert a try, dont know if id expect too much, but then I doubt the Raiders have got the best out of him.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

GOD I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not storm material!!!!!!!!!! i would much rather mark herbert than dureau!!!!!

im happy with the idea about giving slater some time there and put widdop in fullback. i think they should give slater a shot at 5/8 but i rekon we will be left weak at the back because widdop is good but he aint no slater..
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy doesnt have the passing game to play 5/8, plus I dont know why you'd want to take one of the great FB's and put him at 6.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please not Dereau, and not Herbert either. Brian Smith usually gets the best from his players and Dereau never held a spot down.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cant Chisholm play 5/8 aswell?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

BIG JIM wrote: As a back up for Widdop yes   :D
Agreed, Widdop has been loyal to us, therefore should get first crack at the 5/8 role, however I really just want to see him in first grade; in any position.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: Cant Chisholm play 5/8 aswell?
Not very well