Wanted...Prop Forwards. No spuds to apply.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need to desperately replace Tandy, Lima, Tolman and White with a couple of seasoned front rowers.

Any suggestions of quality pick ups who won't take an age to settle in and will be in the mold of a good cheap buy ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ben cross
Ricky thorby
Junior paulo
Chris houston
Junior moors
Troy thompson
Adam woolnough
Sam mckendry
Johnny mannah
Matt white
Joseph paulo
Martin kennedy
Josh cordoba
Jaiman lowe
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote: We need to desperately replace Tandy, Lima, Tolman and White with a couple of seasoned front rowers.

Any suggestions of quality pick ups who won't take an age to settle in and will be in the mold of a good cheap buy ?
Heh.  I'd say Ponnisi and Bellamy have got that sorted given the comment Gauci made today about "a number of signings to be announced in the coming days".

Edit:  Cordoba is signed with the Sharks till end 2012
Last edited by jellyhead on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks 1999...but as I am not a great watcher of other teams, I only recognsie a few of those players.

Can you rank the top 3 buys from that lot.....ie. cost versus potential versus ability to deliver.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

McKendry would be a nice pickup.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jellyhead wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote: We need to desperately replace Tandy, Lima, Tolman and White with a couple of seasoned front rowers.

Heh.  I'd say Ponnisi and Bellamy have got that sorted given the comment Gauci made today about "a number of signings to be announced in the coming days".
Yep I heard our main man (Bellyache) on SEN tonite saying prop fwds are an absolute must given the players we have lost.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Big Bad Willie Mason...perhaps? We know Craig is a big fan of his, the only stumbling block would be does he wanna play for a lil' less coin  ???
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt Housten is on the market, isn't he gonna do jail time?
Not a bad player though.
Imo, my top 3 would be
Sam McKendry (panthers)
Matt White (Titans)

Top 2, no one else impresses me. Cross wouldn't come cheap.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: I doubt Housten is on the market, isn't he gonna do jail time?
Not a bad player though.
Imo, my top 3 would be
Sam McKendry (panthers)
Matt White (Titans)

Top 2, no one else impresses me. Cross wouldn't come cheap.
LOL....Chris Houston might be otherwise "detained" and would struggle to get to training or games...LMAO

McKendry sounds OK from what I can read about him.

Is he off contract ?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Spud was a wicked prop,dont knock him!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam McKendry for quality, Troy Thompson for value and intangibles (apparently he's a superb team man and very funny, could give us what we lose with Finchy).
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

I've heard from various sources that the Storm are going after Adam Woolnough, whether it's a good move or not will remain to be seen, however I believe we'd go for him as a Bryan Norrie sort of player, one with loads of experience and heart.

Also out of that list I wouldn't mind seeing Troy Thompson and Junior Paulo. Troy because of his hard yards, reminds me of a Robbie Kearns; a tireless worker with experience, and Junior because we can develop him much like Sione Kite, and use him as an impact player.

Out of left feild, I'd have Jeremy Smith back in a heart-beat, and a shift to the forwards wouldn't go astray, with his poor form at the Dragons (chokers) in the second row, however I believe the Knights are pretty close to getting his signature.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellamy will get some guys that we will think.. wow there not that good.. but then after a offseason with Storm,
they will be unreal.. Cos.. bellamys the man  ;-)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jermey Smith to the Sharks, so he's off the list
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't rate Adam Woolnough but who knows, I didn't think much of Norrie either or Cam Smith lol.
There could be a few guys who haven't been cited in a little while. Stan Waqa is one of them and he's training with the squad already.