Irony: News concerned about perception. Forces Storm to give up one of Big 4

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 10y0g.html
Smith and Slater also do not want to leave but Inglis's future remains up in the air, with Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy determined to retain all of his star quartet but the Storm's owner, News Ltd, reportedly wanting to force at least one of them out of the club because of the salary cap scandal.

According to Rugby League Week, News Ltd has told Storm management that if the four stay together there will be a perception nothing has changed in the wake of the salary cap rorts that cost the club two premierships and the ability to play for competition points this season.
Nothing has changed?  How about the loss of 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships plus any chance of a probable 4th premiership in 2010 , 5 years of deserved success, 12 years of earned respect, the loss of most of our playing roster, the loss of countless fans, members and set back our progress on growing league support in Victoria a few decades!

You dumbass pricks - Gauci sure has his work cut out for him with these neanderthal pricks worried about perception?  They did not seem so worried about perception when under their own watch, their own employees ruined this club to an inch of its death by systematically cheating and treating the game of Rugby League and the Storm has their little play toy - a device to sell papers and ratings on fox sports.

Sure - get rid of one of the big 4 - that will really help 'perception'.  Especially if that one player goes to the broncos.  No one will ever have any concerns about that will they? 

Perception...good god News Limited you make me sick to my stomach.  I am struggling enough with the events of this year just to keep the faith in the Storm.  However, articles like this make me doubt why I even bother.

Surely if the Storm are to have any chance of rebuilding their shattered mess that News Limited have left for them - they need the big 4 to stick around, stick together and play the top-flight footy that fans want to pay money to see.

Oh - but that's right News Limited - you don't actually care how many fans come in through the turnstiles or sign on as members do you?  You only care about overall ratings, tabloid readship levels and getting maximum bang for your buck kby keeping players salaries artificially low for this and the next tv rights negotiation.

Prove me wrong News Limited you pack of pathetic dogs.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great post Diehard Storm  =D>

Mr Gauci.....if you want to head up a successful Melbourne Storm in the future.....you are going to need US (as members and supporters)......more than we need you or the club.

DO YOU BIT MR GAUCI.....and don't let Inglis leave just because of some DUMBARSE NEWS LTD EDICT CRAP ABOUT PERCEPTION WITHIN THE NRL.

This article (if true)...... is the single most concerning thing I have read about this whole Greg Inglis saga.

And guess what....it's got News Ltd's dirty grubby fingerprints ALL OVER IT......now there's a SURPRISE !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's no secret News have wanted to split up the big 4 from the moment the cap story broke so this is no surprise at all.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Diehard_Storm wrote: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 10y0g.html
Smith and Slater also do not want to leave but Inglis's future remains up in the air, with Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy determined to retain all of his star quartet but the Storm's owner, News Ltd, reportedly wanting to force at least one of them out of the club because of the salary cap scandal.

According to Rugby League Week, News Ltd has told Storm management that if the four stay together there will be a perception nothing has changed in the wake of the salary cap rorts that cost the club two premierships and the ability to play for competition points this season.
Nothing has changed?  How about the loss of 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships plus any chance of a probable 4th premiership in 2010 , 5 years of deserved success, 12 years of earned respect, the loss of most of our playing roster, the loss of countless fans, members and set back our progress on growing league support in Victoria a few decades!

You dumbass pricks - Gauci sure has his work cut out for him with these neanderthal pricks worried about perception?  They did not seem so worried about perception when under their own watch, their own employees ruined this club to an inch of its death by systematically cheating and treating the game of Rugby League and the Storm has their little play toy - a device to sell papers and ratings on fox sports.

Sure - get rid of one of the big 4 - that will really help 'perception'.  Especially if that one player goes to the broncos.  No one will ever have any concerns about that will they? 

Perception...good god News Limited you make me sick to my stomach.  I am struggling enough with the events of this year just to keep the faith in the Storm.  However, articles like this make me doubt why I even bother.

Surely if the Storm are to have any chance of rebuilding their shattered mess that News Limited have left for them - they need the big 4 to stick around, stick together and play the top-flight footy that fans want to pay money to see.

Oh - but that's right News Limited - you don't actually care how many fans come in through the turnstiles or sign on as members do you?  You only care about overall ratings, tabloid readship levels and getting maximum bang for your buck kby keeping players salaries artificially low for this and the next tv rights negotiation.

Prove me wrong News Limited you pack of pathetic dogs.

=D> =D> =D> Well said Diehard_Storm, while Ice is quite right and they`ve certainly made no secret of wanting to break up our players it really bugs the crap out of me that News can keep printing propaganda like this pathetic crap and get away with it. The idea that they have some sort of altruistic concern about how we are perceived after all that has happened and all that they have allowed to be released in their media outlets as just a joke and , frankly, bloody insulting
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Forcing one of the "big four" out the door won't change the way we're perceived in the northern states - and why should we care what those idiots think, anyway?  They've never cared about us so why would they start now?  News are just trying to force an idea into people's heads - and sadly, the people they're targeting are stupid enough to let them do it.
You had me at meat tornado.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

lol at this
Forcing one of these guys out the door will do absolutely nothing whatsoever.
We will be labelled cheats for at least the next 10 years. Carlton still get labelled cheats 10 years on from their salary cap breaches.
If they think forcing one of the big 4 away is going to appease the masses, they are purely dellusional.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

5 years of deserved success, 12 years of earned respect,

[/quote]

I continue to be stunned by the victim mentality here, surely you don't really believe it was deserved to win those premierships whilst rorting the cap so systematically.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

"Forcing" Inglis from one News Ltd team to another ..Yeah like that
is going to help perception....

If we can do it under the cap and they want to stay then News Ltd
should not be involving themselves in the roster.... only those
staff members who get a say in who stays and who goes should.

Its not enough they have screwed Storm over now they want
to bend us over and do it twice...

The sooner we get the roster for 2011 the happier I will be...
Then we can move forward...

News Ltd stuff off and let the Storm staff do their job.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

StormFront wrote:
The sooner we get the roster for 2011 the happier I will be...
Then we can move forward...

That's exactly what now needs to happen ASAP.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

This is the one reason I've lost a lil respect for GI. Either tell his fiancee its jus a two year period that they will work through or take the offer from the Broncos & go. Jus' make a DAMN decision already so everyone knows where they stand for next year & beyond...
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jacko wrote: I continue to be stunned by the victim mentality here, surely you don't really believe it was deserved to win those premierships whilst rorting the cap so systematically.
And I dare you Jacko to stand in front of Craig Bellamy or anyone of the players, or anyone of the fans that watched them win those premierships and tell them they didn't.

We have victim mentality because everyone I just mentioned are innocent victims of nothing else but dodgy accounting.  They didn't cheat in the hours of blood sweat and tears to become the benchmark team did they?  They didnt get through rep periods, road trips, injuries by cheating.  They didnt recruit these players as yongsters and develop to stars by cheating.  

Lastly - you prove to me that anyone of the premiers over the last ten years - Broncos, Manly, Roosters, Bulldogs (ahem) weren't guilty of working their way around the cap?  You cant can you.  There is no way to prove it.

Because we all know the rumours - yet whilst the cap continues to be so fundamental to our 'competition', yet consciously funded at a level so pathetically low, that it can not possibly be adequately adminstered - the game will continue on blindly with winks, nods, pats on the back and wads of cash in brown paper bags.  

This entire competition needs an overhaul just like you so obviously need an enema.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Diehard_Storm wrote:
Jacko wrote: I continue to be stunned by the victim mentality here, surely you don't really believe it was deserved to win those premierships whilst rorting the cap so systematically.
And I dare you Jacko to stand in front of Craig Bellamy or anyone of the players, or anyone of the fans that watched them win those premierships and tell them they didn't.

We have victim mentality because everyone I just mentioned are innocent victims of nothing else but dodgy accounting.  They didn't cheat in the hours of blood sweat and tears to become the benchmark team did they?  They didnt get through rep periods, road trips, injuries by cheating.  They didnt recruit these players as yongsters and develop to stars by cheating.  

Lastly - you prove to me that anyone of the premiers over the last ten years - Broncos, Manly, Roosters, Bulldogs (ahem) weren't guilty of working their way around the cap?  You cant can you.  There is no way to prove it.

Because we all know the rumours - yet whilst the cap continues to be so fundamental to our 'competition', yet consciously funded at a level so pathetically low, that it can not possibly be adequately adminstered - the game will continue on blindly with winks, nods, pats on the back and wads of cash in brown paper bags.  

This entire competition needs an overhaul just like you so obviously need an enema.

=D> =D> =D>    Standing ovation from me Diehard_Storm.  Get that up ya Jacko!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

Diehard_Storm wrote:

What about the Tigers in '05? Definitely under the cap, and under the radar.

I for one sympathise with Storm fans, but the price had to be paid by the club.
None of you are responsible for cheating or deserving of ridicule because of it, but the small group of Storm nutters (and every club has an equivalent group - now you know who yours are!) blaming everyone but the Storm need to accept the truth and move on.

As for Inglis moving to the Broncos! *lol* Give me a break! It's like going from robbing banks to holding up a credit union!

As for 'not caring what the idiots in the northern states think', grow up. We're not all as anti Melbourne as some might like to think.
For every dog act from a fan of an opposing team, there is an act of goodwill, and another 100 fans who behave like human beings.
I'm just pro fair go - for all teams.

I WILL be at Leichhardt for round 25.

I WILL give it to the Storm - in good fun and within the limits of decency, but it's Leichhardt, and as I've copped it from pillar to post at Olympic Park, so will the favour be returned. I love the home ground feeling, and every club should develop it and savour it, just as you have done so well in a short period of time. If any of you are headed there for round 25, I hope you have a great experience of the ground - just don't win! *lol*

2011 will be interesting times indeed.!
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote:
Great post Diehard Storm  =D>

Mr Gauci.....if you want to head up a successful Melbourne Storm in the future.....you are going to need US (as members and supporters)......more than we need you or the club.

DO YOU BIT MR GAUCI.....and don't let Inglis leave just because of some DUMBARSE NEWS LTD EDICT CRAP ABOUT PERCEPTION WITHIN THE NRL.

This article (if true)...... is the single most concerning thing I have read about this whole Greg Inglis saga.

And guess what....it's got News Ltd's dirty grubby fingerprints ALL OVER IT......now there's a SURPRISE !
Great post 'Diehard' and 'Storm Spirit', I agree with you on both accounts, it sickens me that the reason (along with cap problems) Greg may go because of some NEWS perception on whether things have changed or not !!

WHO CARES !! If the Storm remain under the cap with the big four (which I think we will), all credit to them, it's not about what people or other clubs think of us, it's about re-building and remaining a force to be reckoned with, and I believe we need the Inglis's, Slater's, Smith's and Cronk's around to do that.

If Gauci ends up getting influenced by NEWS perception, he is weaker than I thought, we need a person to take control and a person whom looks at the Storm as a sole entity, not a branch off of NEWS, and if Gauci turns out to be that person, I'll take my hat off to him, until then I'm praying the 'Fab Four' remain at the Storm.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

your kettle is black wrote: What about the Tigers in '05? Definitely under the cap, and under the radar.

I for one sympathise with Storm fans, but the price had to be paid by the club.
None of you are responsible for cheating or deserving of ridicule because of it, but the small group of Storm nutters (and every club has an equivalent group - now you know who yours are!) blaming everyone but the Storm need to accept the truth and move on.
So they were under the cap in 2005, based only on the fact we don't know they weren't over it.  What about the years before and after.  And just because they may have been under the cap - can you be so sure that sponsors weren't topping up contracts for Benji or Farrar or anyone then or since.  You can't because no one can actually prove it.

All the NRL and the one bloke (Schubert) and lonely part time assistant can do is act on tip offs, or queries from the teams themselves disclose which then result in 'technical breaches'.  Terry Hill getting payments which breached the salary cap rules caused Wests to be fines $145,000.  Not so squeaky clean - but nor is any club.

The one thing opposition fans need to understand is that Storm fans will never blame the Storm - as much as you'd like as to.  Just like you'd love Bellamy and Smith and co. to come out and make some humbling apology. 

WHY? Why on earth should they apologise?  Their careers have been ripped apart.

The only ones who should be apologising - is John Hartigan and the News Limited directors.  Since they came to exist - the Storm were fined at least on five separate occassions for Salary Cap breaches before 2006 - all under News Limited's watch.  Frank Stanton oversaw many of these fines when he was acting CEO and Storm board member -  perhaps this explains why he wasn't at all concerned when Hanson came to him seeking help in early 2010.

Seems to me they did not learn.  They seemingly kept pushing the boundaries, and the governance that should have been put in place after THE VERY FIRST FINE (and certainly you'd think after five fines by 2005 - alarm bells should be going off all over the joint) was never put in place (or if it was...they need to get a new one fast).  Seems to me they've bred a culture of lax accounting standards and deserve every piece of criticism that will no doubt come their way in the near future once Waldron unleashes his version of events.  News hung him out to dry as the 'chief rat' and I'm sure he will not go down quietly. If I was Uncle Rupert - I'd be writing him a fat cheque right now.

I'm so angry right now, you can probably tell.  I feel you completely betrayed and I'm just guttered that the Storm's very future depends on the pricks that put them in the shithouse in the first place.

I wish we can move on - but the stench that lingers around our club is sadly going to prevent us moving on anytime soon.