GI Poll: What's your decision?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

In the clubs best interests for the future, do you think GI should stay or go?

Stay
17%
Go
83%

Total votes: 42
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know many have given their opinion in the other thread but with there being 25 pages and counting full of articles and things whether he's staying/going and it's a bit hard to keep track of everyones thoughts so decided on the poll to get some clear numbers. This isn't a question of if you wantGI to stay, if it was i don't think we'd get many, if any no's. Putting that aside entirely, this is purely about if you think it would be better for the future of the club if he stays or do you think it'd be better for the future of the club if he stays.

I personally think it would be better if he moves on as much as it sucks tyo say that. The only reason being is that releasing him will free up at least half, if not more of the cash we need to get under the cap and the way i see it is if we don't free up his salary then i don't think we'll have any chance at all to keep the likes of Blair and Sika. Even if we did keep one or both of them if GI stays then you'd have to think it'd be really hard to hold on to the likes of O'Neill and Danger who are both being heavily targeted by clubs already and then you also have the likes of Duffman and Widdop who you can bet your last dollar clubs will be lining up to poach as well when they're off contract.

These type of blokes are no question are the future of our club and we really need to hold onto them. I'd hate to lose them by not being able to afford to pay them what they're worth if it meant we held on to GI for 2 more years, even then if we did we wouldn't have any idea if he'd stay here after those 2 years are up. It'd make it a hell of a lot worse if we ended up losing the players mentioned to keep GI only to lose him as well a couple years later. IMO the risks are just too great to keep him given our financial situation and i reckon it might be better to move him on as hard as it is to think that.

This is solely my opinion and i certainly don'texpect everyone to agree with it which is just fine. I don't want this thread to turn into a shit fight against each other if we all don't happen to agree. We all have an opinion and they're all valid, if you don't want to leave comment still cast a vote.

Last edited by Ice on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only circumstances under which Inglis can stay will be if Storm can also retain blair, manu, o'neill, neilsen, duffie and widdop et al.

Don't know how it could be done though....

if it means losing those players...then unfortunately it looks like ta ta Inglis
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Id personally buy Widdop, Duffie, Nielsen and O'Neill a one-way ticket to keep Greg.

Forwards are a different matter entirely though, Im not sold on Rochow, Leary, Kite or Bromwich being able to adequately replace Proctor, Blair or Manu and like I stated before unless you get a commitment from Greg post-2012 you cant keep him.
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote: The only circumstances under which Inglis can stay will be if Storm can also retain blair, manu, o'neill, neilsen, duffie and widdop et al.

Don't know how it could be done though....

if it means losing those players...then unfortunately it looks like ta ta Inglis
=D> =D>  agree
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Just wish it wasn't the Broncos or the NRL he was going to, it would be much more palatable if he went to super league or changed codes, and would send a big F you to the NRL.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

I'll be pretty brash and say .. Goodbye Greg - thanks for the memories and all that, but if you don't want to play for the Storm, then pack your bags and go.  8)

Please don't give me the ...'I'm torn by this decision' crap.  if he was really torn between staying or leaving, he wouldn't have been making noises about playing with the Broncos just before Origin 1, If what has been written in the papers is to be believed.

Actions speak louder than words ever will ...  :x

Rant over  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That's a bit harsh estormboy. Welcome to your opinion though. I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he doesn't want to genuinely stay here, but unfortunately things have transpired over the last few months, not sure if you are aware! The changing landscape and the fact that Cooper had the 'Don't Touch' sign put on him, Cam was never going because he is captain, and Billy is the fan favorite means he had to look at his options because if they were going to lose one it was more than likely to be him and the decision may have been taken from him in the end. In that situation I think you are best to be pro-active to angle to where you would prefer to go than leaving it to late and ending up overseas or at a club you don't want to be at.

I think he's the best player of any football code in this country so I would love him to stay here but sometimes you don't always get what you want. Fact of life. I'd be happy enough for him to be in Brisbane. Would rather he play with a champion like Locky in a team I respect than for some scumbag Sydney club or the already over the cap Titans.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On The Hill wrote: That's a bit harsh estormboy. Welcome to your opinion though. I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he doesn't want to genuinely stay here, but unfortunately things have transpired over the last few months, not sure if you are aware! The changing landscape and the fact that Cooper had the 'Don't Touch' sign put on him, Cam was never going because he is captain, and Billy is the fan favorite means he had to look at his options because if they were going to lose one it was more than likely to be him and the decision may have been taken from him in the end. In that situation I think you are best to be pro-active to angle to where you would prefer to go than leaving it to late and ending up overseas or at a club you don't want to be at.

I think he's the best player of any football code in this country so I would love him to stay here but sometimes you don't always get what you want. Fact of life. I'd be happy enough for him to be in Brisbane. Would rather he play with a champion like Locky in a team I respect than for some scumbag Sydney club or the already over the cap Titans.
Reasoned, mature, practical post On the Hill,  =D>
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id like to see him stay.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Let's think about this. He has said he wants to go and apparently was thinking about it before the 22nd of April. His contract expires in 2 years where he'll more than likely leave anyway. But by him staying for those two extra years, we will have to get rid of 3-4 storm players who WANT to be here. He's a great player, but I would rather have players who want to be at the club, rather than those who don't.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Id love him to stay,

On his day , the best player in the game,

But in my opinion , of the big 4, he has more off days than the others ,

And I also believe we can least afford to lose Cam and Cooper  for structure, especially with Finch leaving,

So it comes down to Greg or Billy, you could argue either way,

A decision has to be made, and I can understand them leaning towards Billy ,

Thats life, tough calls have to be made.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Play the ball wrote: Id love him to stay,

On his day , the best player in the game,

But in my opinion , of the big 4, he has more off days than the others ,

And I also believe we can least afford to lose Cam and Cooper  for structure, especially with Finch leaving,

So it comes down to Greg or Billy, you could argue either way,

A decision has to be made, and I can understand them leaning towards Billy ,

Thats life, tough calls have to be made.
Power and agility are a mix of race and training in these facets
Speed cannot be made
For this reason you are much better off having GI go than Billy
His speed cannot be replaced as well as GIs Agility and power
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LET HIM GO, put the money into the up and coming players. These players should be with us long after Gregs contract comes to its end.

I aggree with a previous post, he has to many off days at club level.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just want a decision made - I'm happy either way.  It has to be announced this week, surely?

All the other players who are waiting for the Inglis deal must be holding their breaths.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go - Stay - It's irrelevant.

As a player he's done a lot at Melbourne & for Melbourne.Spent his entire career so far with either Storm or it's feeder.Maybe he sees a new challenge in moving on.He owes me nothing.

As a fan I owe him the respect & support that I give to anyone who achieves what he has with the team.I owe him the loyalty & support I give to every player that pulls on a Storm jersey.Other than this I owe him nothing.

Go - Stay - Irrelevant - We owe each other nought.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields