Ryan Hoffman

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone else ecstatic he is leaving?

He has been shocking all year and tonight was woeful, best decision the club has made letting him go.

Great clubman, terrible player.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 I thought you were a troll for a second there until I read your name.  Are you serious? He is coming back from two leg injuries, he is only 26 & he was second in  our meter count tonight.  He hasn't had his best year but neither have a few of the players.  And yes I'm sad he is going you need good defensive players in a team and he is a good defender.
Monsoon
Monsoon

16 runs for 104m?

He has no punch, lazy in defence (no hussle), dropped another one cold in the play the ball, not one offload or line break at the edges. Never looks to promote to GI.
And whats with him refusing to use his left arm EVER, never carries, fends, tackles or plays the ball with it. I'm not fishing mate, IMO he has been rubbish all year.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hey I can't deny he has had a bad year and yes his service to GI hasn't been good,  I see what you mean but still harsh for the bloke who is going.  Who's gonna play lock thats what I want to know.  Blairy has to make too many tackles there and stifles his attack.
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Mauritian wrote: Hey I can't deny he has had a bad year and yes his service to GI hasn't been good,  I see what you mean but still harsh for the bloke who is going.  Who's gonna play lock thats what I want to know.  Blairy has to make too many tackles there and stifles his attack.
Hinchcliffe, was excellent up the middle tonight i thought.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dont they say dont speak ill of the dead.

Bad timing 99 but Hoffman has gone backwards since 06, Im sure I could bring up a post saying exactly the same thing 2 years ago.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote: Dont they say dont speak ill of the dead.

Bad timing 99 but Hoffman has gone backwards since 06, Im sure I could bring up a post saying exactly the same thing 2 years ago.
So your happy he's leaving too i take it lol :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

[
1999 wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote: Dont they say dont speak ill of the dead.

So your happy he's leaving too i take it lol :P

:-$
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: Hey I can't deny he has had a bad year and yes his service to GI hasn't been good,  I see what you mean but still harsh for the bloke who is going.  Who's gonna play lock thats what I want to know.  Blairy has to make too many tackles there and stifles his attack.
My favourite Hoffy game from this year was against the Raiders, 21 carries for 128m.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote:
My favourite Hoffy game from this year was against the Raiders, 21 carries for 128m.
LOL 6 metres a carry. jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

By the way I haven't seen the game tonight.  Who were standouts, how did bromwich go?  Did he get many minutes?  And were there lights on stadium outside?  Did they look cool?  Sorry for so many questions.  Fir st game of the yeaqr I missed.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: By the way I haven't seen the game tonight.  Who were standouts, how did bromwich go?  Did he get many minutes?  And were there lights on stadium outside?  Did they look cool?  Sorry for so many questions.  Fir st game of the yeaqr I missed.
I dont think he got many minutes but I was actually impressed with Bromwich. Earlier in the year he looked weak in attack and defence but he looks alot stronger and it showed in his carries.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have never been a big fan of Hoffy, I regularly yell at him on the tv. 
As a person and clubman though I don't doubt his value there.
I was always happy if he left but under the current circumstances, I'm not happy anyones leaving. He's been here since 2003.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bump

This clown is a joke, thank god we cut him loose, keepin canberra in the game.

Pathetic
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Bump

This clown is a joke, thank god we cut him loose, keepin canberra in the game.

Pathetic
Well Im going to throw my support behind this quote. The guy is way past his used by date. Wouldnt mind him packing his bags and leaving earlier.