2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mystormboys wrote:Quote:
"Sports Sunday The Last Word Danny Weidler"

CRONK'S BUNNY BOILER

THE rumour about Cooper Cronk and Souths keeps bobbing up. It was the talk of the Origin camps during the series and keeps on getting a run. Unquote

::) ::)
Danny Weidler = Tail chasing the dog :tool:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

souths fans really like making rumours up dont they the new is today manu and niko have already signed with them
Yeh No

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If its on Twitter ignore it. If its on another forum, check out there post history.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wish Storm would start making some announcements regarding retaining some of our guys. Personally, I`m starting to get tired of hearing all of these rumours from other team`s fans drooling over the thought of getting one of our players in to their colours and would like to start seeing some of these players locked away. I realise that there must be a lot going on behind the scenes but they must be close to getting some of our guys to put pen to paper.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote:I wish Storm would start making some announcements regarding retaining some of our guys. Personally, I`m starting to get tired of hearing all of these rumours from other team`s fans drooling over the thought of getting one of our players in to their colours and would like to start seeing some of these players locked away. I realise that there must be a lot going on behind the scenes but they must be close to getting some of our guys to put pen to paper.
I totally agree with you Woody.
To listen to other team supporters at games they hate all our players but when there is a chance that their club is going to get one of ours then thay change their attitudes towards that player.
Why should any of our players want to leave a champion team to go and play in a mediocre sydney team ?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the problem with these forums is that you could be reading a 12 year olds hope and dreams saying they has a source in the club.... then others jump on board.. only about 10% of the rumours come out to be true

souths seem to be trying to stick with the same plan that hasn't worked for them since they got back into the comp... try to buy a premiership. same as the doggies the last 3 years and it wont happen for them!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maurice blair rory Kostjan and sisa waqa according to the storms newsletter have resigned with the storm for the next year

Can i just say WOOOOHOOOOOO

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will join you in saying WOOHOO sallymay
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

YeeHa!!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great news hearing that Maurice Blair has re-signed. He is going to be consistent figure in our centres for the next couple of years most likely. Good too see Rory and Sisa re-sign too. Squad is looking strong for next season! http://bit.ly/pnSi4g
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Oh Yes!! I would also like to add the WOOOOHOOOO`s while they`re going around. :-D That`s great news
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

+++
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very happy with that signing news. I too was getting a little anxious that the signing news had dried up.

Storm website says:
Melbourne Storm continues to build an impressive playing list, with Maurice Blair the latest to commit to the club for another year with an additional year option.
Upon the announcement of Blair's news, Melbourne Storm are also celebrating the re-signings of key players Bryan Norrie, Rory Kostjasyn and Sisa Waqa. All three have extended their contract for another season with an additional optional year, adding significant depth to the Storm list for 2012.
So Noz is extending his stay too, although that was in The Age a week or two ago.

Website also says
"Equally importantly we have re-signed a number of players from our lower grades, with positive negotiations continuing and more good news on a number of our NYC players in the very near future."
I look forward to seeing who gets promoted from our NYC to our first grade squad.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I`m just hoping now that we might hear Sione Kite and Atelea Vea`s names appear on the re-signed list soon too ( I know.. I`m greedy but I want them all to stay :-D )