2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As far as I know we have approximately 20 players confirmed as signed for next year. So that leaves 12 or 13 spots on our list that we have to fill. I assume we will promote 5 or 6 players from the Under 20s and sign 3 or 4 players like Thommo, Woolly, Jack A and Niko who are currently on our list. This would leave 3 or 4 spots on our list for players from other clubs I assume it will be like last year that we will recruit fringe players from other clubs like M. Blair, Lowe, Thommo etc.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If it was up too me Tohu, Ben Hampton, Kenny Bromwich, Matt McGahan, Slade Griffen & Mahe would be in the top squad next year & maybe John Leiataua. I hope though they start to convert Mahe into a backrower over the offseason, center wont be his position at the next level.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Blair resigned to 2013.
Waqa signed to 2013 .

[ Post made via Android ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Thats Great -

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

hughzy wrote:Blair resigned to 2013.
Waqa signed to 2013 .

WOOHOO that is Great News
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Source?

hughzy
Squall
Squall

Its on zero tackle player movements and signings ?

hughzy
Squall
Squall

hughzy wrote:Its on zero tackle player movements and signings ?

It got updated like a few days ago so don't know if its 100% true?

scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ok mate hope its true

hughzy
Squall
Squall

And ben Ross has been released from rabbitohs and is likely to return to Perth or cronulla next season so we won't be getting him .

hughzy
Squall
Squall

Penrith *

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Teen picks Storm

ALEX Clark-Kennedy recently found himself in a position most football-mad teenagers could only dream of – accept a contract with the Storm or the Eels.

Storm signing Alex Clarke-Kennedy.

ALEX Clark-Kennedy recently found himself in a position most football-mad teenagers could only dream of – accept a contract with the Melbourne Storm or the Parramatta Eels.

That was the conundrum the highly rated Nambour Crushers 16-year-old faced as the NRL clubs chased his signature.

After much consideration, Clark-Kennedy decided the Storm would best suit him.

Later this year he will take up a four-year contract with the powerhouse club.

“It all happened really quickly, but I was more than happy with the result and to have it all sorted out,” he said.

The talented back-rower had several options after being told numerous NRL clubs were interested in him.

“It came down to deciding between Parramatta and Melbourne,” he said. “I ended up going with the Melbourne Storm as I know they have a very strong club culture down there.”

This season he played for the Sunshine Coast Falcons in the under-16 Cyril Connell Cup, picking up the team’s players’ player award.

“It is one of the best awards you can get because it is voted for by the players, so I was pretty happy with that,” he said.

The Year 11 Nambour High School student will play for the Melbourne under-18 side in the SG Ball Cup next year.

He heads south in November for only the second time in his life.

After meeting his host family – organised through the club – he will look for a school where he can complete his Year 12 studies.

Clark-Kennedy knows moving to a different state will be a giant step in his life, but is dedicated to making the most out of the opportunity.

“It is going to be hard to be away from my family and friends, but I know it is all for the best,” he said.

Clark-Kennedy has his eyes firmly set on making first grade one day.

“That has been my main goal for a number of years now,” he said.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/st ... k-kennedy/
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Smart kid

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gee what a conundrum..STORM or crappamatta. duhh.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

kenny bromwich and mahe fonua elivated to NRL squad next year....was in press release about the NYC team of the year

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image