2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:little whispers T lowrie is on the way out and TThompson just resigned with melbs

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

You would have to think the rise of Kostjasyn has put an end to Lowrie's options down here. He had good defence but nothing in attack. Anthony Quinn has been told to look at other clubs but if he can't find one we are sticking with him for next year.
staticash
Squall
Squall

I take it we are planning to promote a fair few of our young guns for next year. We don't need lowrie anymore with our trusty russian kosty doing well for us. Quin is a good player but past his time I wish him all the best for the future. Still keen to see us bolster our forward pack some more for next season.

S.W.A.S
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Well you gotta think were guna have a fair bit of $$ to spend...
Champion left, Adam Blair, stanley , vea ,Quinn maybe , lowrie maybe .. Anyone else ??

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

totally agree with you taticash definately need to bolster our front men... there is a few decent forwards on the market for next year.. mickey paea, joe galuvao, dane carlaw, manase manuokafoa, johnny mannah and also a few of our current players who need to be re-signed sika manu, troy thompson, sione kite and adam woolnough if we could secure all of our current players above and secure a few more forwards i rekon we will be looking good to go back to back in 2012.. :-D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how about ben ross

storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have a feeling ross will stay at souths.. but if not, he would also be a good signing..

i cant remember who told me or if i read it somewhere but it said that jason ryles might be heading down to the storm too? anyone else heard anything?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ryles would be a good catch if he's not too expensive

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we had to upgrade players like duffman and widdop, so we dont have as much as some of you might think, but we shouldnt need that much as some of our 20's could be worked into the side next year. ryles if we dont pay overs, but i also like paea and he isnt getting fair go at the dogs
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our best 17 for next year reads

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Blair
4. Nielsen
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Proctor

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Kostjasyn
16. Lowe
17. Johnson

And with back up like Waqa, Kelly, Fonua, Kite, Afamasaga, Harris, Hampton, Niko, Leiteua, K.Bromwich, McLean etc i really doubt you will any more significant signings, although personally i agree i think an experienced prop is maybe one thing we may want to add, Paea would be nice.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't know what sort of a deal Jesse Bromwich is on but I think they should consider locking him in long term. But then again with speculation about extra money and increased salary cap with new tv rights it'd probably be hard to sign long term atm.
More giddyup incompetence. When will they handover to an Independent Commission? And when will they negotiate broadcasting terms? And why's Giddyup involved in the process when he completely lima lima lima duck up the last deal?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

I think once kite gets fully fit and over pr season he will really push hard for at spot and i think he will get a spot on the bench.. Ahead of lowe ?

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hughzy wrote:I think once kite gets fully fit and over pr season he will really push hard for at spot and i think he will get a spot on the bench.. Ahead of lowe ?

Have we actually resigned Kite yet Hughzy? I thought he was due for renewal this year and I`ve been hoping to hear that we had given him another contract
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pretty sure frank ponessi anounced kite as one of the stayers at the inner sanctum

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

:-D :-D :-D
hughzy
Squall
Squall

I think a big hard running prop with experience in him would be great! We've got depth in the backs...
I think paea would be a good pick up,
any chance of us signing tony Williams from manly? Can play in the forwards and back row? Really big and runs in hard! Breaks the line alot .. He would be a nice pick up.