2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bootsie16 wrote:
1999 wrote:Chris Heighington is being shopped around to make room for Blair, straight swap maybe?
Tiggers will / have released Wade McKinnon to SL to free up some cash.

bootsie16...I know i've said this before...but I LOVE YOUR AVATAR.

Haven't seen it here for a while....so good to have you back
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would take Heighington in a heartbeat. Busts his gut every game he plays and we wouldn't lose anything if we got him for Blairy, would more than likely gain if anything. Not holding my breath though.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

tigers need to shread more than wade to be able to afford blair! they were over last year cause they put 2 players in the 10 year allowance where they werent qualified, so they are 180k over as it is! plus signing lawrence to a long term contract, how about we get heigington and simon dywer? :D
staticash
Squall
Squall

Hey guys any word on us resigning sika manu yet?.... would be a shame to loose him.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I could of sworn that Sika had another year on his contract. I don`t know why but I thought that he was locked away until the end of 2012. Not that that matters, I`d be more than happy if they signed him to a long term contract as fast as possible ;D
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well Russell Gould seems to think he's signed, but i promise you he is off contract this year, all contract negotiations are supposedly on hold until A.Blair makes his decision.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Well Russell Gould seems to think he's signed, but i promise you he is off contract this year, all contract negotiations are supposedly on hold until A.Blair makes his decision.
Fair enough 1999, like I said I`m not sure why I just thought he was, but I really hope we are not risking losing Sika for Adam`s sake. Performance-wise there is no comparison at the moment and as much as I like Adam when he is playing well I know which of the two I would like to see them concentrating on re-signing at the moment
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:
1999 wrote:Well Russell Gould seems to think he's signed, but i promise you he is off contract this year, all contract negotiations are supposedly on hold until A.Blair makes his decision.
Fair enough 1999, like I said I`m not sure why I just thought he was, but I really hope we are not risking losing Sika for Adam`s sake. Performance-wise there is no comparison at the moment and as much as I like Adam when he is playing well I know which of the two I would like to see them concentrating on re-signing at the moment
+1
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Correct. Sika signed a 3 year deal back in July 2008 that takes him through to the end of 2011. The only way Sika will leave is if he is pushed out. He is just looking for a fair deal, not anything over the odds, and really wants to stay in Melbourne. I'd be 99% sure he will stay on a contract that is fair and reasonable for both sides.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

thats crap! for billy, cam or cooper you would wait, not blair! give him a date and then start signing the rest of the guys! we are just going to miss out on signing a good replacment if blair takes any longer!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:
thats crap! for billy, cam or cooper you would wait, not blair! give him a date and then start signing the rest of the guys! we are just going to miss out on signing a good replacment if blair takes any longer!
Agreed, especially if he is odds on to leave anyway! What the hell is he waiting for? Just announce it already and let's get on with our lives!
staticash
Squall
Squall

I second that!.... Blair needs to make his damn mind up so we can start securing more talent for next season. Any rumors on some good forwards we are chasing?... we really need some for next season.
S.W.A.S
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just on our forwards, does anyone know what is happening with Sione Kite? I know he is injured and should be back in a few rounds but he is off contract this year too isn`t he? I know we`ve resigned Mitchell Johnson but I hope we can resign Kite as well. The couple of times I have seen him play he has been fast and hungry and for such a big guy I think he would make a very handy addition to our pack at the moment. We need someone else who can run straight and hard at the line to give Norrie and Woolnough a hand because Blair and Lowe sure as hell aren`t much help lately
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

might be waiting to see how kite pulls up after the injury, no point signing him if he does it again first game back and is out for next season
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hi Storming. Fair call! I`ll keep my fingers crossed he pulls up then :-D