New CEO announced

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Absentee: Thanks for the link of the lights - they look good...

"that the fans will come back on board"'

Gee I didn't think the fans went anywhere - the membership numbers have gone up....
So off to a bad start with me.. not having the right facts and trying to bribe the fans in
my view that it's either News Ltd or nothing....

Anyway lets see what happens for now.... bring on 2011
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He reckons he reads the forums well I hope he reads this one.  NEWS LTD have really Fu#*ed us over RON we have had 4 months of what I describe as hell being a supporter.  Don't turn around and tell us how good they have been to us.  I would rather we never existed the last five years than go through this s#*t.  2006-2010 MELBOURNE STORM IS PRETTY MUCH ERASED FROM HISTORY.  How do you think we feel about that RON?  NEWS LTD can suck my right one forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I feel he is only going to be a short term CEO too.  He has stated he hasn't seen the audit report and admits he probably never will.  How on earth is he supposed to run the show if he is just another Mushroom??
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd hate to be branded a News Ltd fan, but I agree with him - Melbourne Storm are lucky to have News Ltd as an owner.  If we didn't have a firm financial backer - the entire year would have ALSO included speculation about if the club could survive financially.  And would we have survived financially?  That area has never been an area of concern during all of this mess.  Hell they even offered to pay NRL's legal fees. 

While I don't agree with all the conflict of interest within the league and the newspaers and in particular ripping out our independent directors - making the club seem like a pure franchise rather than a club for the first time.  I think 'we' the supporters and club officials will have to rebuild the sense of community that the club has always had, I can still thank News Ltd for providing the cash and financial security to keep our team in the comp.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote: I'd hate to be branded a News Ltd fan, but I agree with him - Melbourne Storm are lucky to have News Ltd as an owner.  If we didn't have a firm financial backer - the entire year would have ALSO included speculation about if the club could survive financially.  And would we have survived financially?  That area has never been an area of concern during all of this mess.  Hell they even offered to pay NRL's legal fees. 

While I don't agree with all the conflict of interest within the league and the newspaers and in particular ripping out our independent directors - making the club seem like a pure franchise rather than a club for the first time.  I think 'we' the supporters and club officials will have to rebuild the sense of community that the club has always had, I can still thank News Ltd for providing the cash and financial security to keep our team in the comp.
Unfortunately, I agree... that's where it is at the moment and we need to do our best to create the same atmosphere around the club at games and functions
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm has had offers of other financial buyers... so News Ltd are not the only ones who could
have kept Storm going in the past and into the future....

I just dont think we should bow down to those that have the $$$$$ having the $$$$ does not
make them almighty - we do live in a democratic society still. (I think  ;D)

The only reason News Ltd has poured money into Storm is to get the return in several ways:
1. A tax ride off as a business that has lost money
2. To increase the biding war on T.V. rights
3. To sell more merchandise through another franchise

and so on and so on......

News has not lost money on Storm even though they would have you believe that...
They have made bucket loads from Storm directly and indirectly...

And the Salary Cap - I have to ask the person writing the cheques for Storm would have
noticed a sharp increase in the amount of cash they were putting into the Storm - should
not alarm bells have starting ringing a long time ago. (Not defending certain peoples actions
just another case in point the News have tried to claim to be squeeky clean when they
were in the know all along)
Last edited by StormFront on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Don't forget the extra money being paid was mostly coming from News - so surely this extra income burden has been lifted  ;D
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah without NEWS the Storm would be...........exactly where they are now plus titles.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormsally wrote: Don't forget the extra money being paid was mostly coming from News - so surely this extra income burden has been lifted  ;D
Shame isn't it that 'They who claim to still pay the bills' - Continue to conceal the truth & their complicity,whilst slandering everyone else with unfounded media hints & speculation.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

News have been complete asshats since the inception of SL
They almost killed the most hated club in the league,almost destroying the anti hero is always bad
They slander the alleged without trial
Last year they also treated a guy with kid gloves for a similar crime,He was a news employee and i suppose being aboriginal didnt hurt
and he basically admitted it in his defense of his actions being required at the time
Then when theyre own employees screw the pooch they distance themselves from the melbourne,they slander everyone in sight
almost post the entire salaries of an illegal team,like the players need more shit
They fire those 4 brave board members who fought against the injustice of the punishment and then cut 33 pages from the
report everyone has been dying to read (well most,i hate numbers im stupid in accountancy)
What will they do next?
Try to appoint theyre LAWYER Gallop as the runner of the independant commision that the league is dying to have?
Apart from that their commentary on rugby league is all deathrides and love affairs (Hayne passes out,who cares? Farrar drops a bomb,BOMB HIM!!!HE CANT CATCH FOR SHIZZLE!!!)
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:Unfortunately, I agree... that's where it is at the moment and we need to do our best to create the same atmosphere around the club at games and functions
But Waldron was employed directly by News Ltd. We've been under their direct control since Ribot sold his 25% ownership to News Ltd.

Waldron (and News) has given us the last 5 years, salary cap breaches, a move away from the family/fan based focus of the club to one of a corporation that is only interested in themselves and other corporates.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This is a very delicate position for me. Ron Gauci is the cousin of one of my really good mates. And I had been impressed with things he'd said. But reading that, and reading the email from him to us members, it's become perfectly clear that he's (As you called him) just a puppet. He says he understand the frustrations of us members, but I really don't think he does.
I don't think he's been a supporter of us in depth. Obviously he likes the Storm as most sport fans in Melbourne do, but to fully understand News Ltd's corrupt role in our club as well as the game and league in general can only be fully understood by years involved in the game.
Sadly Mr Gauci doesn't have that, and by watching our club from a-far, he really doesn't look like he understands exactly what News Ltd is do to us supporters. But then again, he's on the payroll, and as you said he'll continue to toe the company line.
Sad thing for me is: I'm going to lose a great mate (His cousin).
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Those people who are thankful we have News Ltd as an owner I just want to make you aware of something, and touching on something StormFront posted.

The money being put into our club will be more than returned when the next TV rights deal is done. The next deal is set to be the biggest of any football code in Australia and the Melbourne Storm are a central figure in this.

With the money which will recieve from the next deal, club's have a rather bright and rosey future. News Ltd are not the saviours they claim to be. Not by a long stretch, and those who think so, I urge to read through all the documentation that tells the entire story. I have no doubt it'll change your thinking.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mate, I hope you're right, but this code, with Gallop in charge, I don't believe will get close to the highest TV deal in australian football.  I think we should, as we have the better game, better tv package, and cover the biggest population areas - but, the AFL have a better management structure and administrators unfortunately. 
Until there is an independant commission, it won't change.  Too many people looking out for their own interests rather than what is good for the game, and that includes News, no doubt at all.

Mate, I want news out of our club, don't get me wrong, but the fact is, without their money, we'd be struggling.  We were almost in a position where I think we could have been sold, and not been a bad investment for the new owner(s), but that came after 10 years of News propping us up.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]