Supporter's March this Saturday before the Penrith Game.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mikey, Peter Maher and Rob Moodie are confirmed. Also madfan.com.au, channel 7 and other various media outlets have confirmed their interest.
Can I please encourage everyone to make banners/signs ect, offereing messages of support to our sacked independent directors, and aloso to the team and staff.
I can't stress just how important this is, because News Ltd will continue to kill the club from the inside out, and we as members need to ensure that they know exactly where we stand.
Obviously there'll be one or two banners made criticising News Ltd, but they'll be made by us, so all you guys need to do is show support for the people we all still trust and respect.
Once again everyone - Thank You.
P.S - If you require any info whatsoever, please feel free to contact me.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am a little worried that there will be media turn up, and then there will be a small but vocal group there and it will look bad... has this been promoted anywhere other than here?
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I asked the same question with no reply SS. I'd have thought to get maximum numbers it'd be imperative to get the club to send out an email to all members as well as promote it on the club site for all supporters to see. These walks have had good participation in the past and i'm sure it'll get some good numbers again but i can't understand why it wasn't promoted using the 2 things mentioned to get the best possible turn out.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Ice, there's no way on this earth that News Ltd would sanction the club to put out an email and advertise the march on the official website, as the march is in partly in support of the 4 directors they sacked.  It would go against their "one big happy family" theory!!!  Whether it's been advertised/promoted elsewhere, I guess Mikey or Jamie would be best placed to answer that?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah that's fair enough and makes sense. I forgot it's as much as a big eff you to News as what it is support for the directors, players and coaches. Hopefully it's a great turn out.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

have you put this on facebook if you havent you SHOULD
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This march has been mainly advertised through all of the Melbourne Storm related facebook groups. The reason there has been no no email from the club is, as stated earlier, due to the face this march isn't supporting News Ltd. This march is in support of the players, staff and the sacked independent directors. There will be nothing there that supports News Ltd, John Hartigan or the NRL.

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't make the march as i worked til 6pm then headed straight to the game so how did it go? How was the turn up and has anyone seen some footage of it anywhere? I'm interested to hear any sort of info on the march so if someone can post it it'd be appreciated.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

luvin.the.storm wrote:
Mikey wrote: Guys I know NSW cup is on and I love watching NSW cup but I really urge people to miss it just this week and get along to the march. Its been confirmed that Rob Moodie and peter Maher will be attending and we owe them a BIG thank you
I've only made it to 2 games this year and as much as i'd love to help you guys out, I want to show the NSW Cup guys the same amount of support - figure you'll have more than enough supporters without lil ol' me  :D
I chose the NSW Cup as well.

Am over all the rah rah rah rallies. This season has drained me emotionally. Ranting and holding rallies is not going to change anything unfortunately, even if the cause many be right.

I just want a day watching rugby league to be as normal & enjoyable as possible from now on. And was rewarded with 3 VERY entertaining hard fought matches!  8)

JF (he of the dodgy bendy flagpole)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's a great attitude to have, and basically just want News Ltd want.
If only everyone understood that if News Ltd see the supporters of the club turning against them in droves, they would bail. But for whatever reason whether it be ignorance, lack of understanding or just no fight, people don't attack the cause of our problem.

StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jamie whilst I believe you are passionate,
I also feel that you will put a lot of people off your cause, and any future events
if you go about attacking others.

Sighting ignorance, lack of understanding and not fight - just because people
did not attend your march could come back to be your failing....

Instead of putting other supporters down for their own choices - maybe try
to encourage others to join you - otherwise soon you might just find people
will go against you, no matter how worthy the cause.

We all love the Storm - just in our own ways....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No mate, it was in regards to the previous post by JF Storm-Swans.
I was more making reference to his attitude and calling them rah rah rallies. If we all adopted an attitude such as that, nothing for the good will ever change.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

So, just out of interest - how many people actually turned up for this march?  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!