STORM SUPPORTERS COPPING IT

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With all that has happened since this whole bloody mess broke,WE,the supporters of the club have almost cried blood,and have supported this team through what hopefully will be the worst time in their history and I know we will continue to do so!I am also aware that supporters of other teams have a lot of anger at what has gone on,but the crap that some supporters have copped is absolutely disgraceful.Coming home from the last home game ,we were in the car waiting at the lights in Swan St and as our car is unmistakeably a Stom supporter vehicle,this guy walking past must have thought he had the right to abuse us unmercifully which he did in an unending tirade of name calling using some of the foulest language,and attempted to hit the car with a beer bottle...............WE DONT DESERVE THAT,.
Will people not get it into their thick heads that it was not us ,or the players that have done any wrong here,but we are the ones copping all the abuse whilst the guilty parties are safely behind closed doors in  their ivory towers.
The worst part being that the guy who abused us was from Melbourne so imagine what it is like interstate,I heard the NZ crowd during the telecast last night just chanting CHEATS all night..no wonder the guys can't concentrate on their game ???
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was at the game and they were giving it heaps to the boys - Every time Billy, Cam or GI got the ball they just went for it - was listening to individual conversations while going around the place & wanted to put a few of them right but they're parochial there anyway & support for the Warriors was huge (vocally anyway).  The events coordinator had quite a few digs every chance he got as well....incited them I think. 
As for the game - the Warriors defense was good & they shut the boys down a bit but I thought overall the boys Storm were flat.  Billy gave it heaps - great under the high ball.  They didn't back down to the bully-boy tactics of the Warriors either.  GI was mediocre (compared to how he can be), O'Neil seemed too passive?? and while he tried Proctor just seems too light .  The team seemed tired. 
I was getting sick off Tony Iro & co running on the field every time the Warriors got the ball - I was told technically they are allowed on there but I would've thought they weren't allowed to direct play???
What I saw & heard last night showed me the club has to get this settled asap.  Get their roster done (whatever it ends up being).  The rest will have to shut up then and let them play without all the crap going down - they'll get over yelling cheats after a while.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pretty dissapointing to hear the Warriors crowd calling them cheats last night..

You could see Cam Smith shake his head when he was kicking and they were yelling that.

but yea. very dissapointing.

And thats disgraceful that some idiot abused you in your car.
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Sorry to hear about your incident Rose do you think it MAY have been an afl fanatic?.

You know what it is like here in Melb."IF IT AIN'T EGG SHAPED WITH "SHERRIN" WRITTEN ON IT IT  DON'T EXIST."

:fla_england: :fla_england:
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm with Storm Dolls on this. Probably an AFL bloke who hates RL.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What I am hearing and seeing is so dissappointing...

My son loves Storm and I fear he will be verbally attacked one
day when wearing his Storm gear....

The NRL have to come out and clearly support the Storm...
Came to Melbourne talk to the club, players and supporters
I think there needs to be a members forum at which the players
also attend and the NRL start showing and listening to the people
of Melbourne... they need to stand up and be accounted for or
f off in my opinion... I dont want to here another no-Storm official
say that they feel our pain (except those that actually do support the Storm)

Rose: Sorry to hear about the abuse in your car... small minded people...
so weak and pathetic....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Saw a guy at the Richmond v Nth Melb game today wearing a Storm top - no-one hassled him!!
Not all AFL supporters are nuffies - just like not all RL supporters are, or even soccer supporters :P 

That said, it's still rotten that you got hassled Rose  :(
Last edited by Tigger on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I am not sure it was an AFL supporter,this was just one guy on his own and I have never seen anything like that before all this crap broke,so yes I will put it down to a small minded idiot,but my point was..if we are copping this kind of idiotic abuse in Melbourne then what the hell are we to expect interstate.That said I can give as much as I take,but as earlier stated ,one would hope that our kids can walk around in their Storm gear and not get hassled by idiots where ever they go.
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote: I am not sure it was an AFL supporter,this was just one guy on his own and I have never seen anything like that before all this crap broke,so yes I will put it down to a small minded idiot,but my point was..if we are copping this kind of idiotic abuse in Melbourne then what the hell are we to expect interstate.That said I can give as much as I take,but as earlier stated ,one would hope that our kids can walk around in their Storm gear and not get hassled by idiots where ever they go.
Myself and my daughter had our Storm jerseys on about 6 weeks ago at a local shopping centre in Ringwood and we actually got a lot of people feeling sorry for what we had been going through !

I think there will good, neutral and bad responses going forward but that it will all settle down in 2011 when Storm are back in the competition and playing for points with a roster under the salary cap.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry Rose that you got abused.  It will make me think twice before going to an away game in Sydney (not saying I wont go, but it is in the back of your mind).

We will all have to get use to copping a bit of flack wearing our gear around - compared to previous years.  It wont die down soon.  For the players - I suspect that the away crowds would see it as some easy amunition to use to try and put off the players.  Cam seemed to laugh it off - and I hope that the players can keep that attitude.  I don't see it going away next year for any of the 'big 4' that stay at the Storm - and even more so if we do keep them all.

We don't want Storm to change their roster because away fans think it is unfair - we want the most competitive team - and we all will live with the flack.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote: I'm with Storm Dolls on this. Probably an AFL bloke who hates RL.
Whilst I am not an afl fan, I bet this guy that was so offensive to Rose Madder was an ex-Sydneyite who supported the Eels or the Dragons.

Since the salary cap rorts were revealed, when wearing any Storm merchandise in public, I've had many supportive comments on the what happened to our club, including afl supporters wearing their team's colours.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well....You can stand me up at the gates of hell and I won't back down..I reckon they should go back to playing that song when the boys run on the field ,either that or Chumba Wumba..I get knocked down but I get up again.
F*#k em all..I will not be bullied into not openly supporting this team.................................................GO STORM
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I will not be bullied into not openly supporting this team
Sorry you got hassled Rose  :(

I gotta wear a uniform for work but on my cap,(either side of the company logo) you'll find a Storm badge & a MSSC badge  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rose Madder wrote: Well....You can stand me up at the gates of hell and I won't back down..I reckon they should go back to playing that song when the boys run on the field ,either that or Chumba Wumba..I get knocked down but I get up again.
F*#k em all..I will not be bullied into not openly supporting this team.................................................GO STORM
I agree on the song choices Rose, very fitting for our situation.

Sorry to read about that small minded individual. Like others I've had nothing but sympathy from friends and strangers alike when in my Storm gear.

It has to be affecting the players, hell, it's affecting me just watching the games, not that I'll stop. 7 rounds to go, 5 of them are home games.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote: Was at the game and they were giving it heaps to the boys - Every time Billy, Cam or GI got the ball they just went for it - was listening to individual conversations while going around the place & wanted to put a few of them right but they're parochial there anyway & support for the Warriors was huge (vocally anyway).  The events coordinator had quite a few digs every chance he got as well....incited them I think. 
As for the game - the Warriors defense was good & they shut the boys down a bit but I thought overall the boys Storm were flat.  Billy gave it heaps - great under the high ball.  They didn't back down to the bully-boy tactics of the Warriors either.  GI was mediocre (compared to how he can be), O'Neil seemed too passive?? and while he tried Proctor just seems too light .  The team seemed tired. 
I was getting sick off Tony Iro & co running on the field every time the Warriors got the ball - I was told technically they are allowed on there but I would've thought they weren't allowed to direct play???
What I saw & heard last night showed me the club has to get this settled asap.  Get their roster done (whatever it ends up being).  The rest will have to shut up then and let them play without all the crap going down - they'll get over yelling cheats after a while.
If i was close to the side-line I would have thrown something at that MC, what a tool.