Can anyone shed light on why Neilsen played NSW cup today

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

chosen in 1st grade but O'Neill took his spot and Dane played in the 2nds.

Discipline action ???  Form ???  Didn't want to play ???
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Form, I think.

Pondering which club will offer mosts $$$$$'s ;-)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Played poorly against the Bunnies, can't remember his performance against the Bulldogs though.
I'm surprised he was dropped.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When I first heard Justin was in for Dane, my immediate thought was that Dane would not be at the Storm next year. This disappoints me because I am a big fan of Danger although he hasn't been as effective the last couple of weeks as he had been previously.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Dane isnt gunna be at the club next year.. which from what i gather he wont be.. then
Bellamy is making the right call putting Oneil and Stanly in who probally will be.
More xp.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote: If Dane isnt gunna be at the club next year.. which from what i gather he wont be.. then
Bellamy is making the right call putting Oneil and Stanly in who probally will be.
More xp.
That would make sense......but then why is Tolman playing 1st grade ?
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Heard that the Western Force are intrested in Neilson
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noooo not Nielsen!! O'Neill wasn't that good against the Bunnies either so I don't think it's because he's out of form. I have a really bad feeling Nielsen might be leaving us.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Make of this what you will from todays HS "It's that tension more than results of the report that are affecting the playing group with one player, out of contract centre Dane Neilsen, left in Melbourne to adrdress his concerns about his future. Neilsen, who hasn't missed a game this year desperately wants to stay at the Storm but with his focus onfinding a new home, didn't play last night."
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: Make of this what you will from todays HS "It's that tension more than results of the report that are affecting the playing group with one player, out of contract centre Dane Neilsen, left in Melbourne to adrdress his concerns about his future. Neilsen, who hasn't missed a game this year desperately wants to stay at the Storm but with his focus onfinding a new home, didn't play last night."
I met Dane pre season and he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

He is obviously desperate to stay at Storm...that's the sort of committment we need as a team moving fwd.

I feel genuinely sorry for Dane if the stress of this whole situation is making his life crumble around him.

Good luck Dane....I sincerely hope that Storm keep you in 2011.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely with GI (reportedly) moving on there'd be more money floating around to secure him. Unless the club don't see him in our future plans of course though i'd have thought he would be.