My plan for 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we believe the NRL most of the top players are on 400 to 500000 not including 3rd party payments take JT he is support to be on 400000 base and 150000 3rd party (which seem to me allot not to have written into your contract) total 550000. Our top players are on 400000 + 175000 of extras so if our top players came down to 400000-450000 base salary and was top up by 3rd party deals not written into their contract just like JT I see us having no problem signing most of our players. Unless News/NRL just want to be prick about it. If so the NRL and News will lose a lot more money than they may be expecting to lose because I can’t see even us sold Strom fan putting up with that shit. I won’t. We need a Melbourne Owner for storm and sooner than later. We need independence.
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

just let it go..... mark my words, at least one of the big 4 will leave
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dont let it worry you then Sister F*cker
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

lol i wont but im sure you guys are worried about it
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You seemed to be more concerned with it,how many posts have you put on your Teams web site compared to this one.

Whats that ,or its your Sister calling she wants some more loving Cletus
Rudski
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Its a well thoughtr out plan, Ill give it that.
The NRL wont allow paycuts though so it will fail there
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its all well saying the NRL wont allow pay cuts but im sure the law would say different.Then again the NRL are above the law :o
Rudski
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Its their comp mate, their rules apply.

Unless its a gasnier signing, that is somehow different  ???
Monsoon
Monsoon

The NRL has said pay cuts can be an option but they go hand in hand with market value and contract extensions. The key is total transparency.

Eg. Broncos offer GI 400k, the highest bid of any other team outside the storm, well if the storm go to the NRL and say hey GI's market value is 400k, we are paying him 600k, he has agreed to take a paycut to 500k, the NRL would say thats a fair offer based off market value ASLONG as he prolongs his contract by a further year or 2 at that rate.

Its very possible as hartigan said aslong as the NRL back down abit and give us a hand.
Rudski
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If youre hoping for a hand from the NRL then youd also be hoping all legal action against them ceases immediately
Monsoon
Monsoon

Peter Maher indicated this morning they are going to drop the court action.
Rudski
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Smart move
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rudski wrote: If youre hoping for a hand from the NRL then youd also be hoping all legal action against them ceases immediately
As much as I wanted the ID to take the court action they did....I knew at the time that the NRL would give NO help, support or a sympathetic interpretation to future salary cap issues for Melbourne Storm until the legal action disappeared.

We are now seeing just how blurred the boundary between Ballsup, Hatigan, News Ltd and the NRL actually is !!!
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Rudski
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

No ones ever disputed that. its a big reason why everyones pushing for the independent commission (ok, everyone except the moronic QRl)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He had since come out and said they are getting more legal advice and will decide in two or three days if they will go ahead.  I did not think they should go ahead, but I have chnaged my mind after hearing what so guy said on SEN.  The guy said something similar to this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure they don't have a chance because its about the process used not the actual findings.  Gallop made his judgement based on facts that are now being called inaccurate (regardless of the amount being more), he didn't do due diligence (didn't convene the board, etc) so he didn't follow the right process.  He set a precedent that should have all other clubs backing the court action rather than denouncing it.  I think the four independant directors have enough business nous between them to have realised this.  Will it change the outcome of the punishment in the end - probably not but for some reason both the NRL and News Ltd do not want Storm to have their day in court to question the process.  Go figure...