Removal of Board

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The stupidest, stupidest, stupidest move ever to have come from the people that bring us all of the Victoria media outlets that never even utter the words 'Melbourne Storm.'
Your thoughts?
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

These directors will respond.

Will we now have a third jersy sponsor for the year. :roll:
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well, it wasn't the board removed, was it??  It was the independent board members ..... strangely enough, the same people undertaking the court action.

News Ltd need shooting.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

singlemalt wrote: Well, it wasn't the board removed, was it??  It was the independent board members ..... strangely enough, the same people undertaking the court action.

News Ltd need shooting.
News ltd is the cancer of rugby league in australia,it needs to be cut out and iradiated till its demise
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My 1st very angry reaction to the sacking of the INDEPENDENTS was to have nothing to do with News Ltd or any of its products  :evil:
The only problem there is..................
That would include a Storm team controlled by a News dominated,(rigged) board.

Since NOT supporting Storm would be pandering to News Ltd's now patently apparent objective.
The dismantling of Melbourne Storm as a competitive team for at least the next 3 to 4 seasons.

I think it's best I allow a few days to calm down,though with the removal of the only people on that board that had Storm's best interests & future in mind,I am resigned to being a pro active & vocal enemy of whatever group of puppets News Ltd put in charge.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon rat
I think your idea could be expanded
During the next game at AAMI Park would be a perfect place to set up a protest to have them reinstated
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bourbon Rat wrote: My 1st very angry reaction to the sacking of the INDEPENDENTS was to have nothing to do with News Ltd or any of its products  :evil:
The only problem there is..................
That would include a Storm team controlled by a News dominated,(rigged) board.

Since NOT supporting Storm would be pandering to News Ltd's now patently apparent objective.
The dismantling of Melbourne Storm as a competitive team for at least the next 3 to 4 seasons.

I think it's best I allow a few days to calm down,though with the removal of the only people on that board that had Storm's best interests & future in mind,I am resigned to being a pro active & vocal enemy of whatever group of puppets News Ltd put in charge.
With respect, rightly or wrongly they own the club. They do have every right to appoint and remove Directors at their sole discretion.

Personally I am amazed it has taken this long to happen.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eagle wrote: Bourbon rat
I think your idea could be expanded
During the next game at AAMI Park would be a perfect place to set up a protest to have them reinstated

Mate if someone could organize something like that before the next game you can be guaranteed that the vast vast majority of Storm members and fans would take part. Probably wouldn't be able to be done in time but Bourbon Rat came up with a brilliant slogan as to how we can support the 4 board members and this was even before they were sacked which was "Fighting For Storm's Future. Four Independents. And an Army of Fans"

Could you just imagine if T-shirts were printed up with that on the front and a couple of thousand Storm supporters wearing them at the next game? Fox sports might not show one or two signs showing that but it'd be impossible now to show it with fans wearing them littered all over the ground. Not to mention the commercial tv stations and press would lap that up just like they did the *lima lima lima duck* GALLOP t-shirts.

I know something like this wouldn't change the outcome of their sacking but at the very least it would show News what the fans think of them and would show the independants we're 100% behind them. So if anyone knows the boys behind the Gallop t-shirts or has the resources to make this or something similar happen then it'd be great to have it happen and i'm sure many would agree and be part of it.
WiganStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well this isn't going to help News Ltd gain any more fans is it? Funny how their trying to pin the blame on the independent directors as opposed to their own? Obviously the independent directors are behind this whole mess and News knew nothing about it....

I don't see how this can be good for the club or the Nrl as a whole. I feel truely sorry for all the storm fans that are the innocent victims in this as they are the ones copping for it. The sooner News ltd get out of our great game the better
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The main reason for the removal of the borad is to stop the court case.  If they not on the borad it will be very hard to go forward with the case, according to the Daily Telegraph, that is also what Moodie said yesterday, as to way the borad could not resign.

Isn't it funny how Newslimited wer holding up the court case at each hearing until this week.  By the start of this week they had some idea about the things in the report and now know that the case has very little chance of being lost.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From what i hear the court case is still going ahead as planned. If that's true i don't think it makes any difference whther the board members are still in place or nor, regardless of that it still doesn't change the fact of the reason why they went to court in the first place.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm not sure they don't have a chance because its about the process used not the actual findings.  Gallop made his judgement based on facts that are now being called inaccurate (regardless of the amount being more), he didn't do due diligence (didn't convene the board, etc) so he didn't follow the right process.  He set a precedent that should have all other clubs backing the court action rather than denouncing it.  I think the four independant directors have enough business nous between them to have realised this.  Will it change the outcome of the punishment in the end - probably not but for some reason both the NRL and News Ltd do not want Storm to have their day in court to question the process.  Go figure...
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

Jacko wrote:
With respect, rightly or wrongly they own the club. They do have every right to appoint and remove Directors at their sole discretion.

Personally I am amazed it has taken this long to happen.
Sad day for storm fans, and rugby league fans in general, but that's the unfortunate truth of it - the team you love so much is owned by an organisation
that won't miss it much, and will leave the blame squarely with the management they selected to run their investment.

The Eagle wrote:

News ltd is the cancer of rugby league in australia,it needs to be cut out and iradiated till its demise
The Independant Commission will hopefully be the dawn of a new age where TV rights will be valued at their true worth, not at mates rates  or by  the left hand paying the right one.

I hope the QRL gets off its high horse, or gets left out to wither and die, replaced (along with the pro ind. comm. NSWRL and CRL) with a well managed
body with the interests of the game (and a fair price for media rights) at heart!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think being dumped from the board could possibly help their case - if they are still in a position to go ahead with it.
You had me at meat tornado.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am amazed that the four non Newslimited directors were sacked,  but the Newslimited guy still has a job at News and he was not named on any of the 12 pages of the report released.  Frank Stanton is employed by News and gave a very good press announcement about how we (News) will rebuild and support Melbourne with the help on the NRL.  Gallop who is employed by a body half owned by News comes out and says "we will support the Storm in their rebuilding, and we will help them with player contracts to get under the cap next year so they can have a competive team, but they will not be able to keep everyone and we will make sure the talent is spread".

So everyone is supporting Storm as long as they support Storm they way Newslimted and NRL says they should.  We can keep the players they tell us we can.

Two other things I think are amazing:

1.  The people named in the 12 pages no longer work at the club.  Most of them left before this came out.  
2.  Most of the things written in the 12 pages are all things that have been rumored in the papers over the last seven weeks.  So if this report is private and Newslimted did not have it until last week, how were these things in the papers and how was Greg Baxter able to comment on them?