SMH reporting breach 1.3m in 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote:
As of right now that is probably pretty close to what we'll go with next year. We can win if 3 players stand up and take there game to new levels.

Those three being Sione Kite, Kevin Proctor and Jesse Bromwich. To be any chance theyre the ones who need to raise the bar.
Agreed, the exact 3 i also believe need to play ahead of their years and really support the rest of the engine room. Widdop and rogers need to step it up aswell to keep the team competitive. Problem is they are all 1st grade quality in the future, they'll now just have to show it earlier then expected, 2011 will be a massive rebuilding year and im not expecting miracles.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Who just wants this season to be over with  :'(
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
lionstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi Team, How we all going? Hopefully this report comes out ASAP for not only us but the all of the boys apart of the squad. No matter what the outcome, if the club can remain positive (first step - new ceo) & remain an average roster around hopefully our Big 4, those boys can produce anything & will only relish helping out the younger, more inexperienced guys. Im resigned to losing anoth 5/6 players from our squad apart from the 5 already gone (Tandy, Tolman, Hoffman, Finch & Lima) Anyway a little prediction on my 2011 team; fingers crossed it can be something like this.

Slater
Duffie
Stanley (I personally have massive wraps on him, love watching him play)
Inglis
O'Neill
Whiddop (Next Slater or Inglis)
Cronk
Norrie
Smith
White
Blair
Manu
Hinchliffe (Really rate him, Top Utility)

Bromwich
Cahill (Ok player, trys his arse off)
Chisholm (Quick, Young & try scorer - can play 6/work him into utility role)
O'Regan (Doing the job in P/L, could even be starting Lock)

Then kids to back up like;
Kite
Rogers
Isa
Makimare
Fanene
Rochow
Kali
Morseau etc............

I have resigned to the club letting players go like - Anthony Quinn ($300k in paper), Todd Lowsy (Wouldnt of signed for peanuts), Luke Macdougall, Atelea Vea, Kevin Proctor, Luke Kelly, Dane Nielsen (Storm want to keep him though) 7 players =  est $900k/$1.1million on top of what we've already lost.

I thionk we are just going to have to bite the bullet for maybe 1 or 2 seasons while we rebuild with our younger guys, newcomers. At the end of the day no matter who we put on the field in 2011' - It will be great just watching the boys compete for the 2 points once again, The Big 4 will take care of the rest!

Im a sydneysider & the first thing I will be doing is purchasing a Members ticket & hopefully making 4/5 games throughout the year!

Go the Storm,
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Something like. Agreed with the team that was posted on he first page. Its more likely we will keep Blair than Manu aswell.

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Sika Manu/Adam Blair
12. Kevin Procter
13. Billy Rogers

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Sione Kite
16. Jesse Bromwich
17. Atelea Vea
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any long term injury to the Big 4 and rep period is going to hurt us big time next year.
2012 premiers. Legit.
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

u guys want to keep the big 4 and then have 21 players for a combined 2.1 million? bahahahahahaha no chance
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5891439918
Insiders claim Melbourne will throw a bunch of kids - like Chase Stanley, Matt Duffie and Justin O'Neill - in with the remaining stars in the hope they can still be competitive and relevant. It is understood the four stars will have renewed contracts worth a combined $2.2 million, leaving 21 players to be squeezed into $2.1 million - a truly difficult assignment. Storm players on Monday met with coaching staff to discuss their future and the club's plans.
Someone tell me this is bullsh*t!!!!! Over half our salary cap is spent on just 4 players?? It's not fair and not right! What about the other 21!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I love Cooper wrote: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5891439918
Insiders claim Melbourne will throw a bunch of kids - like Chase Stanley, Matt Duffie and Justin O'Neill - in with the remaining stars in the hope they can still be competitive and relevant. It is understood the four stars will have renewed contracts worth a combined $2.2 million, leaving 21 players to be squeezed into $2.1 million - a truly difficult assignment. Storm players on Monday met with coaching staff to discuss their future and the club's plans.
Someone tell me this is bullsh*t!!!!! Over half our salary cap is spent on just 4 players?? It's not fair and not right! What about the other 21!
It was always this way.

Mind you since they have now included the third party payments in the CAp it has blown out a bit.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I assume the players we are left with will be glad to take the money on offer to play on the outside of Inglis (he can make some ordinary centres look good!)

If we let one of them go - everyone will be saying why keep three second tier players and lose a first.  Keeping the big 4 gives the club the marketability as well as the best spine in the league.  

Don't expect to be really competitive for a few years - but I'm happy to be proven wrong
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It all sounds great for 2011, bringing in juniors that 'will do the job', then when 2012 rolls around, what happens? Storm can't keep paying minimum wage and then end up letting go of these juniors because we can't afford to keep them anymore.

I forgot about 3rd party payments. It probably won't be 2.2m off the cap then.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2013 the salary cap should double if the NRL does their job, and anyway, apart from Sika or Adam, none of them have shown they deserve to be in the same stratosphere salary wise.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hope Nielsen is one to go. Too many young guys in the wings that deserve to stay. I like him but its about time he moved on and besides he would get alot more money elsewhere. CHASE STANLEY! haha
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Don't forget that even if the new long term concessions do not com in, we still get $50k extra outside the cap next year each for Billy, Cam, Cooper all who have been here long enough to qualify
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

21 players in 2.1 mill? Oh shit that's tough. That's 100k per player.
Adam and Sika deserve much more, Whitey too. Than there's Hinchcliffe who I would pay 150-170 for.
Chase Stanley is no minimum wage player, Nielsen either.
Farrrk.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe when the actual report comes out we can get some real information.  All of this is just more stuff leaked out from "sources".  I'm not suggesting that the current figure isn't true - but again, this is just another example of information coming out from a supposedly independent and confidential report before it's even been officially released.
You had me at meat tornado.