Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bruno just said on radio that they didn't offer an extra cent which means we are subsidising him for 2 years.

They are not paying him any more, but he has extra third party deals and they are using some of their marquee player allowance (about $45,000) to pay him.  We are subsidising him for a year, but not as much as we would have if he argeed to their terms three weeks ago.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A 41 page thread & in the end News Ltd got what they wanted
Storm loses one of it's "fab four",(they thought up that term BTW)
News Ltd get to use him in their 'other team'
Storm,(News Ltd) have to make up the difference in $ that the Broncos,(News Ltd) will be paying him.

Goodbye Mr Inglis - Glad the farce has finally concluded.

A crushing defeat of the Broncos in the 2011 Grand Final wouldn't be asking to much of the fates would it  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lebron Inglis
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote: Lebron Inglis
LOL classic...Who will partake with me in the burning of Inglis's jersey?
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
Thats why I have a numberless jersey, so I don't have to change the number every year
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:
Freshy wrote:
Thats why I have a numberless jersey, so I don't have to change the number every year
Now thats a smart idea. I have a GI signed jersey and may consider using it as my tissue now  ;-)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:
The Mauritian wrote:
Freshy wrote: LOL classic...Who will partake with me in the burning of Inglis's jersey?
Now thats a smart idea. I have a GI signed jersey and may consider using it as my tissue now  ;-)
Thatll be worth a fair bit of money one day, dont be stupid man.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Freshy wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: Thats why I have a numberless jersey, so I don't have to change the number every year
Thatll be worth a fair bit of money one day, dont be stupid man.
Yes, I could be a million out of it haha...I wish! Even better, I've got the 1999 Grand Final Jersey signed by the entire squad and framed...Now thats a keeper  ;D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I see no reason to dis the guy or dump his memorabilia ?
What he did in a Storm jersey he did as part of a Storm team.
What he does in the colours of another tribe is ...............
Sleeping with the enemy  :P
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

It is what it is. We were always going to be screwed by News to cover their ass(ets) - they are at very least guilty of gross incompetence that they didn't know it was happening, and more than likely there are senior people within the organisation who did know.

Anyway, he's gone and that will give us the opportunity to breed more talent. It's something Storm does better than anyone else.

Anyway, I still maintain he's over-rated. If he played at his best every game then he'd be one of the greatest ever, but he still thinks that injecting himself into the game when he feels like it is enough. And if he's not feeling motivated....
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ahwell. sad to see any player go but like ive said many times before ild prefer him leave  over Slater, Coops or Cam anyday. Thank him for everything he has done for us, and he has done alot. Wont miss his arrogant rude attitude off field though.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:

Anyway, I still maintain he's over-rated. If he played at his best every game then he'd be one of the greatest ever, but he still thinks that injecting himself into the game when he feels like it is enough. And if he's not feeling motivated....
Yes...I tend to agree. He'll just cruze around doin nuthin much at Suncorp instead of AAMI Park
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: Wont miss his arrogant rude attitude off field though.
That seems like a common perception of the man...a few people have said the same.

Wonder if it really is what he's like.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:
Yes, I could be a million out of it haha...I wish! Even better, I've got the 1999 Grand Final Jersey signed by the entire squad and framed...Now thats a keeper  ;D
[/quote]

That's a keeper alright! Any Tom Dick or Harry can get a signed GI jersey just by rocking up to training or after a game so they'll be a dime a dozen but a 99 signed GF team is a shitload harder to come by. Even if GI went on to become an immortal, which I highly doubt but if he did I still know what jersey I'd much rather.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Wont miss his arrogant rude attitude off field though.
That seems like a common perception of the man...a few people have said the same.

Wonder if it really is what he's like.
We expect a lot of the players on and off the field.  Natural athletic talent doesn't always go hand-in-hand with the ability to stand in front of a crowd, talk to the cameras, etc.  Especially with some of the maori/polynesian & indigenous australians (not all, but definitely some of them).  Some like Cam, Cooper, Billy & others - all of that just comes naturally - that's their personality types or they've learnt it relatively easily over the years.  But some people have an intrinsic reserve (shyness, discomfort, even self-doubt) that makes it really hard for them to put themselves out there in that way, no matter hoe long or how much tuition they might have - it's just not in their nature.  People look to them to lead but usually those ones have to lead by example (i.e. on the field).  Their reticence is quite often mistaken for arrogance.  Personally I think GI falls into that category.