Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Dane gagai report I posted last night has been rejected by the broncos. Storm were keen on getting him in return but bruno played hard ball and said they would not give him up.

I hope quinn doesn't start next year. Chase needs to lockdown one of the centre spots
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone know if dane gagai is still part of this deal
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only a 2 year deal, might end up hating the joint like Issy, hmm......

Gagai was never going to be any type of adequate replacemant for Greg. Im hoping Justin O'Neill can have a big off-season and make a grab for the center spot to give it some real strike power. We really have no-one else really coming through the ranks atm.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: anyone know if dane gagai is still part of this deal
Cullen was just on Brisbane radio saying gagai was not leaving
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Noa Nadruku wrote: Only a 2 year deal, might end up hating the joint like Issy, hmm......
Yep and who knows, with the TV rights etc., we might be able to afford to have him back.  Even though Lockyer etc. will be gone from Broncos by then, they will surely need to be upgrading the contracts they've just renewed with all those up and coming stars (Yow Yeh, Gillett and a few others).  Who knows.

Does anyone else wonder how GI will go under Henjak?  If it was Bennett, I reckon he'd go alright but I'm just not convinced that Henjak will ever be as good a coach as Bennett and/or Bellamy.  He's just lucky he's got a talented squad IMO.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote: Only a 2 year deal, might end up hating the joint like Issy, hmm......

I reckon he might hate the living in the fish bowl that is Brisbane. He certainly won't have the relative anonymity he enjoyed down here that's for sure.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

It'll all be too little too late in my opinion. He wanted to walk out for 'the betterment of Melbourne'? Well fine, you didnt wanna be here now, you don't need to be here later. Especially after we have rebuilt back into an NRL powerhouse in those 2 years. Good luck Greg but also good riddance. Enjoy the wasteland of success if Lockyer goes down & Hodgo doesnt return fully fit, cos you'll have more weight on your shoulders then than you ever had in Storm colours...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

at the storm presser tony jones on twitter:
TJch9    Melbourne storm boss admits the club could've kept greg ingis but he wanted out. Supporters will be thrilled!!!

OMG we have been fighting for somone to stay and he didnt even want to stay (now i really hate him)

Dane Neilson better step up cause he wants to be here to he better no a good job
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: at the storm presser tony jones on twitter:
TJch9    Melbourne storm boss admits the club could've kept greg ingis but he wanted out. Supporters will be thrilled!!!

OMG we have been fighting for somone to stay and he didnt even want to stay (now i really hate him)

Dane Neilson better step up cause he wants to be here to he better no a good job
Greg Ingli$, hope you get dropped for the rest of the year.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: at the storm presser tony jones on twitter:

My eyes are rolling

News wanted him gone from here and to land in Brisbane. Now they make out it was his choice and his alone all along.

Classic NEWS ltd work.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know it was his choice Noa I just spoke to one of the players.  He was thinking of going even before salary cap broke.  Bruno just said on radio that they didn't offer an extra cent which means we are subsidising him for 2 years.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Absolutely gutted about White...but Inglis was always going to Brisbane, whether it was now or when his contract ran out. I guess thats why I'm not shattered, and probably more relieved that Inglis is gone. We can now stop worrying about our cap, everything is pretty much over.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: I know it was his choice Noa I just spoke to one of the players.  He was thinking of going even before salary cap broke.  Bruno just said on radio that they didn't offer an extra cent which means we are subsidising him for 2 years.
Fair enough, so.................*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* inglis you *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*...........

jst jokin, he'll still be my favourite player.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Why the EFF are we having to pay for Inglis when he ASKED to be let out of his contract??  That's tantamount to QUITTING a job and I'm pretty sure you don't get to ask for MORE when you quit!!!  :x
I'm so over the guy - not just for this debacle but for his holier-than-thou attitude in the past few years!!

Good Bloody Riddance!

Please do let the door hit you on the arse on your way out Greg - just don't damage our friggin door!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote: Glad it's over. I'm more gutted over seeing Whitey go. Hopefully that puts us under the cap and now we can work at retaining and maybe even signing some players.
It's all good folks.
Bring on 2011.
Agree! Thank god it's over now. Can't wait for 2011!!!!!