Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

jellyhead wrote:
Freshy wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Exactly...I think this is all BS... the same rumour is on LU
I posted this on another forum (rl2) and poster from brisbane said he had heard the same thing but he made it seem like it's a done deal. My source has said that it's a possibility being thrown around
In other words, it's going to drag on for a few more days yet ... *sigh*
well according to the papers it should be wrapped up by Wednesday. Pfft doubt it though
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im sick of gi anyway just let him go
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

Greg Inglis's future at the Melbourne Storm is unclear.

Source:Herald Sun

CONTRACT talks with Melbourne Storm centre Dane Nielsen have been delayed by the still-unresolved Greg Inglis transfer wrangling, and the club faces the prospect of losing both stars. Inglis's Brisbane move appeared back on yesterday after the Broncos reportedly offered an extra $40,000 to cover a six-figure shortfall between his current contract and their original offer.The Broncos denied that, and Storm officials and Inglis's manager Allan Gainey did not return calls yesterday.Inglis earns more than $600,000 a year. The Broncos have offered about $450,000 but Storm doesn't want to cover the gap for the next two years.One source said it remained a "50-50 bet" whether Inglis would stay or go. Nielsen has had offers from three other NRL clubs but wants to stay at Storm.But the pay rise the club can offer him depends on whether Inglis joins the Broncos. Nielsen's manager Andrew Purcell was confident that as soon as the Inglis situation was finalised, Nielsen's deal could be done, but conceded Nielsen would not wait forever and may go elsewhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/dane- ... 5903185210

An extra 40k per year? thats still 165k per year we have to pay. F*ck that, if the storm does this their stupid, make brisbane match our salary or tell GI he's staying!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: im sick of gi anyway just let him go
yep...sick of this sh&t....tell him he ain't going or punt him to the highest bidder (tits).

FFS...just bring it to a close....it's now just embarrasing
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I want Nielsen! Greg can go!!!!! Nielsen actually WANTS to be here!
Monsoon
Monsoon

BRISBANE have re-emerged as the leading contenders to land Greg Inglis after raising their offer for the Melbourne and Test centre to a figure believed to be more than $570,000 a season.It is understood the Storm are prepared to release Inglis, and subsequently subsidise the 23-year-old's contract by less than $55,000 a year, but are hoping to possibly have that listed under the NRL second-tier cap next year, not the $4.2 million top-line payment ceiling.An announcement on Inglis's future had been expected yesterday, and it was anticipated the Storm would reveal they were keeping him. However, the Herald was told the Broncos had finally decided to budge on an offer of $400,000 and a car.It is believed the rise in their offer of $170,000 a season includes a $40,000 third-party payment by the Nine Network, a Broncos club sponsor. NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, who was in continuing discussions with the Broncos and the Storm yesterday, has insisted this figure be included under Brisbane's cap under the marquee-player allowance, which is to be lifted from $150,000 to $300,000 for each club next year.Inglis and his manager Allan Gainey have made clear since the saga over his future began that the player's preference is to move to Brisbane, where his fiancee Sally Robinson lives and works.As a result of the Broncos' raised offer, and the reduced strain it might put on Melbourne to make up the difference of his $620,000 Storm contract in their budget next year, his signing with Brisbane now seems highly likely.That is even though Inglis's other suitors, Gold Coast, themselves raised their offer for the representative star at the weekend to a point where the Storm would not have to pay a cent to subsidise the deal.It is for this reason that Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy is understood to want Inglis to join the Titans if he has to be released, because a move to the tourist strip would have no impact on the Storm's salary cap status beyond this year.NRL official John Brady would not speculate on whether the Storm would be permitted to use their second-tier cap to swallow up any subsidising of an Inglis deal.''The salary cap auditor has been in discussions in relation to Melbourne, and the cap rules will be applied whatever the outcome,'' he said.

INGLIS GONNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 11u92.html
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Dane Gagai prospect is gaining momentum on the Broncos official forum  ;-)
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

He should be going to the Tits not that lying scum Broncos.

At least this means we get to keep Neilson who wants to stay here.

Now I just hope we don't have to go through another saga like this with Cooper :icon_frown:
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wait a tick...

The SMH (fairfax) Article quote:

However, the Herald was told the Broncos had finally decided to budge on an offer of $400,000 and a car.It is believed the rise in their offer of $170,000 a season includes a $40,000 third-party payment by the Nine Network, a Broncos club sponsor.

The Herald article (news ltd) :

Inglis's Brisbane move appeared back on yesterday after the Broncos reportedly offered an extra $40,000 to cover a six-figure shortfall between his current contract and their original offer.The Broncos denied that, and Storm officials and Inglis's manager Allan Gainey did not return calls yesterday.

So the herald claims its only 40k more a year on offer, yet fairfax who quote they got the figure from the herald, are saying 170k...
*Brisbane officials denied any deal.

???

Something suss is goin on here.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

According to Broncos posters on their forum:

1) Storm will only release GI if Broncos swap for Dane Gagai in return

2) Dane Gagai has been told by Storm he will be given first go at one of the centre spots
Last edited by Freshy on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how come dane gagai doesnt know about this then

facebook is a wonderful thing (didnt speak to him but a close friend)
Last edited by sallymay on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: how come dane gagai doesnt know about this then

facebook is a wonderful thing
Haha how did I know you would go there. If you look carefully, he hasnt said anything on his page in over a month  ;-)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no but the friend i spoke to has she said it was still a possibitity

haha u looked to
Last edited by sallymay on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon
Monsoon

My theory

GI's weight

2006 pre season - 83kg
2007 pre season - 90kg
2008 pre season - 102 kg
2009 pre season - 107kg
2010 pre season - 114kg
2011 pre season - too fat to get out of bed

We had him at his best, bye bye GI.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: no but the friend i spoke to has she said it was still a possibitity

haha u looked to
Sounds interesting. Take this for what its worth but Dane Gagai's cousin has posted on the Broncs forum saying that Gagai may be on the move to Melbourne....I freakin hope this pulls off because then I can personally pack GI's bags for him  ;-)

haha yeah the first thing I did was check Dane's facebook lol
Last edited by Freshy on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.