Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy u dont rate nielsen?  hes been one of our best this year i thought
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's hoping the text was from Cronk
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Freshy u dont rate nielsen?  hes been one of our best this year i thought
Oh I rate him but Chase Stanley is only 20 and he's going to be twice the player Nielsen is. Chase is going to be one of the best centres in a couple years but he needs the chance to showcase his talent. With Nielsen taking his spot, Chase wont be able to do it.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Its hard to judge players on their form this year...for obvious reasons the boys heads havent been where they are supposed to be.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/g ... 5901860912

"Melbourne are working hard to retain Inglis - and their persistence may pay off. There is increasing speculation Inglis could remain at the Storm - spurning strong offers from Brisbane and Gold Coast.Inglis was looking at shifting to the Broncos or Titans to be with fiancee Sally Robinson, who has obtained work in Queensland. But there is a growing feeling Melbourne will now retain their Fab Four of Inglis, Cam Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5901820850

Storm football manager Frank Ponissi revealed Schubert had given the club no specific order to release one of their Big Four."Greg's got no issues staying whatsoever. But he has some personal issues he has to deal with," Ponissi said."It's not a situation that he must go. We understand his position and we'll go from there."Ponissi said the Storm would have a clearer picture of Inglis's status with the club by the weekend.

:?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rumour that Parra are clearing out $800 K 0f dead wood in a desperate effort to secure Coops.

A:$800 K of dead wood !! Wonder who Hayne will play for next season  ;D
B: Coops never had a Yellow streak,so why would he wear one at Parra  ;-)

footnote : Frequent Flyer Points are a great thing Greggie
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop it u stupid newspapers your doing my head in

storm wont let cooper go
storm may let blair go
storm may let greg go

for god sack just get it worked out and let us all know b4 i go crazy

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne plan to release entire NRL squad.

3.00PM IncreaseText DecreaseText TheDailyTelegraph
August 6th 2010

By Dean Richie

MELBOURNE are poised to shock the sporting world by culling it's entire first grade roster for 2011. The move is the brain child of Melbourne Storm football manager Frank Ponissi. Mr Ponissi claims all of the current crop are dispensible assets and has moved to release them all from their current contracts. "While we respect the effort these boys have put in over the years, we feel the Inglis' and Cronk's are not putting bums on seats." Ponissi said. "We have decided to cut the entire NRL squad and replace them with past players with funny names." he added.
It's believed an SOS has already been sent out to afew players that Ponissi thinks the team can build a strong foundation around. "Fafita Moala and Semi Tadulala have already been offered long term marquee deals with the club valued at about 800k per year" he said. "We hope to add Tesesa Levea in the coming days and then build a minimum wage squad around our 3 stars, or the 'TRIPOD' as we are calling them."
When Billy Slater was asked about his axing he replied "Who the hell is Semi Tadulala? Is this a gee up? I'm the best full-back in the world."
Greg Inglis was more optimistic "A Fafita Moala does not come along every day, i understand the storm needing to release me to sign up this kid, he is a star." he said.
Nobody knows down at storm HQ if these signings will pay off, but one thing is for certain. They can't wait to find out.

www.thedailytelecrap.justforyousallymay ... ouslyajoke
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Melbourne plan to release entire NRL squad.

August 6th 2010

By Dean Richie

MELBOURNE are poised to shock the sporting world by culling it's entire first grade roster for 2011. The move is the brain child of Melbourne Storm football manager Frank Ponissi. Mr Ponissi claims all of the current crop are dispensible assets and has moved to release them all from their current contracts. "While we respect the effort these boys have put in over the years, we feel the Inglis' and Cronk's are not putting bums on seats." Ponissi said. "We have decided to cut the entire NRL squad and replace them with past players with funny names." he added.
It's believed an SOS has already been sent out to afew players that Ponissi thinks the team can build a strong foundation around. "Fafita Moala and Semi Tadulala have already been offered long term marquee deals with the club valued at about 800k per year" he said. "We hope to add Tesesa Levea in the coming days and then build a minimum wage squad around our 3 stars, or the 'TRIPOD' as we are calling them."
When Billy Slater was asked about his axing he replied "Who the hell is Semi Tadulala? Is this a gee up? I'm the best full-back in the world."
Greg Inglis was more optimistic "A Fafita Moala does not come along every day, i understand the storm needing to release me to sign up this kid, he is a star." he said.
Nobody knows down at storm HQ if these signings will pay off, but one thing is for certain. They can't wait to find out.

LOL the first line seems believable  until u mentioned the Big 4 getting the boot. HAHA!!!! GOLD!
Last edited by Freshy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

omfg i nearly had a heartattack ;D
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote: Melbourne plan to release entire NRL squad.

August 6th 2010

By Dean Richie

would love to see the semi-trailer run around again!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote: Id keep GI over cronk, luke kelly is a great young footballer and i think he is going to be a star, got a better passing game then cronk, but weaker defensively and about par with kicking, besides, with GI we'd have to subsidise 100k +, If parra wanna pay cronk 800k a year good luck to him i say. We dont have to foot the bill.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Inglis
5. O'Niell
6. Widdop
7. Kelly
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Kite
11. Vea
12. Manu
13. Blair

14. Kostjasyn
15. Proctor
16. Bromwich
17. Kennedy/Paulo

Exciting stuff i think. Great young team
Kelly is no where near the same standard as Cronk, his kicking game is hit and miss and no where near on par!! He may get somewhere near in the future but you won't see him any time soon, the Storm would not have 2 young halves playing together, they will bring on Widdop first and then maybe blood Kelly in over the next couple of years, remeber Cronk is signed until 2012. You may see Widdop move back to fullback when Billy eventually leaves so this would free up a halves spot.
Last edited by BigG on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Id keep GI over cronk, luke kelly is a great young footballer and i think he is going to be a star, got a better passing game then cronk, but weaker defensively and about par with kicking, besides, with GI we'd have to subsidise 100k +, If parra wanna pay cronk 800k a year good luck to him i say. We dont have to foot the bill.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Inglis
5. O'Niell
6. Widdop
7. Kelly
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Kite
11. Vea
12. Manu
13. Blair

14. Kostjasyn
15. Proctor
16. Bromwich
17. Kennedy/Paulo

Exciting stuff i think. Great young team
I'm not sold on Kostjasyn yet,  is that just me?
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: Tbh Ive been very disappointed in Adams form this year. Maybe the style doesnt help him so it may be better for him to play in a less structured system.
I don't reckon his form has been bad.  He is at his most dangerous 20-30m out running with Billy on that right side.  We just haven't been getting that area sorted lately.