Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote: Maybe your best post ever 99  :lol:.

If he goes to Brisbane theyll win at least 4 titles over the next 6 or 7 years, it will be scraps for everyone else, including us. A left side attack of Lockyer, Gillett and Inglis will be beyond awesome, then when Locky retires you have young Corey Norman - who will be the next GREAT #6 - to step in and they will probably be better.

The Strom admin need to think very carefully about what they do here.
Losing GI would have a crippling effect on Storm.

The whole story just seems to only have half truths in it at the moment.

One article says Bellamy and Ponissi have given him a green light to shop him,self around...while another article says that his manager is going to talk to the club this week about the possibility of a move.

I will continue to support Storm and be a member.................but letting GI walk BEFORE any other options are explored in detail is just *LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing RIDICULOUS
I agree, the innuendo is whats driving everyone crazy.. GI to the NFL? GI wants to stay?, GI wants to play for essendon?, GI to join DJ in the south of france? GI wants to take a pay cut to stay at the storm?, GI wants to go to brisbane?, Storm have let him explore his options?, Storm are gonna put up a fight to keep him?, GI is more then willing to stay at the storm but also reportedly keen to leave!!? 

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough speculation to drive a man crazy.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don`t know if this will ease any of the questions raised by the constant media speculation but I just heard on a MMM news flash that the Broncos have pulled their interest in GI and have stopped their pursuit so hopefully that`s right  :)
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote: I don`t know if this will ease any of the questions raised by the constant media speculation but I just heard on a MMM news flash that the Broncos have pulled their interest in GI and have stopped their pursuit so hopefully that`s right  :)
WOODY I COULD KISS YOU!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Woody wrote: I don`t know if this will ease any of the questions raised by the constant media speculation but I just heard on a MMM news flash that the Broncos have pulled their interest in GI and have stopped their pursuit so hopefully that`s right  :)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 107ex.html

:D :D :D
Monsoon
Monsoon

HES STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brisbane have pulled out of negotiations for NRL superstar Greg Inglis who is now almost certain to remain with Melbourne.

Inglis' manager Allan Gainey contacted the Broncos' general manager of football operations Andrew Gee on Monday to inform him the offer made to the Queensland and Australian centre earlier in day was not enough to get him to Brisbane.

"They've knocked it back," Gee told AAP.

"It was non-negotiable, so the deal is off."

Gee has been having informal talks with Gainey about Inglis for almost a month.

Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday and the club reluctantly agreed to give him a release provided the offer he was made was comparable to his current deal with the Storm.

It's understand Brisbane's offer was "very attractive".

"Gainey contact me today (Monday) and wanted to know what we were prepared to offer Greg," said Gee.

"They wanted to know quickly, so we put out offer on the table.

"Gainey called me back (Monday afternoon) and said it was not acceptable."

Inglis is now expected to inform Melbourne he will stay with the club next year.

Brisbane had been very keen to sign Inglis with its own superstar centre Israel Folau heading over the AFL next season.

Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday for a release for personal reasons.

The Queensland Origin star owns a house in the Brisbane suburb of Paddington, 10 minutes from the Broncos' headquarters, and his fiancee, Sally Robinson, works in Brisbane.

http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/LatestNews ... fault.aspx
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:
WOODY I COULD KISS YOU!
Well Thanks 99 err..... :oops:. Now I`m blushing :D but just as happy as you are. Hopefully this might be the start of things turning around and looking a bit better for us Storm fans. ( Well you can only hope!)
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote:

Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday and the club reluctantly agreed to give him a release provided the offer he was made was comparable to his current deal with the Storm.

http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/LatestNews ... fault.aspx
So does this mean GI won't be taking a pay cut?  How the hell can we afford to keep him and the other 3?  Aarrggghhhhh I just want the 2010 season to be over already!!  :x
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Confirmed by fox news. Group hug anyone god we will all need it after this season
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As some-one who loves the administrative side of sport I wont jump for joy for a couple of weeks yet as I wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if the Broncos  are checking their squad as we "speak" to see who they can toss overboard.

But it is encouraging to hear.
Monsoon
Monsoon

GROUP HUG!  ;D
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote: As some-one who loves the administrative side of sport I wont jump for joy for a couple of weeks yet as I wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if the Broncos  are checking their squad as we "speak" to see who they can toss overboard.

But it is encouraging to hear.
But noa dont you think the storm will be looking for a concrete commitment from GI for next year ASAP so this drama is put to rest?
stormfan
Squall
Squall

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the best news ever!!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

So now we are back to square 1.

The big 4 all look certain to stay.. who goes?

I think to keep them its bye bye

Tolman - uncontracted
Tandy - uncontracted
Finch - uncontracted
Lima - $200,000
White - $300,000
Hoffman - $325,000
Quinn - $250,000
MacDougal - uncontracted l
Nielsen - uncontracted
Lowrie - $200,000
Hinchcliffe - $200,000

Thats 1.5 million

Were left with

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Stanley
4. Inglis
5. O'neill
6. Chisholm/Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. Kite
11. Manu
12. Blair
13. Procter

14. Kostjasyn
15. Bromwich
16. Rogers
17. Fanene
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

WARNING: Do not get our hopes up just yet.

The Broncos did the exact same thing 3 weeks before signing Hannant when they "pulled" out of the race.
The chances of Gold Coast Titans signing homesick Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant have firmed dramatically with Brisbane Broncos officially dropping out of the race.
Broncos officials, including chief executive Bruno Cullen and coach Ivan Henjak, met to discuss signing Hannant, who is looking for an early release from his contract at the Bulldogs which expires at the end of 2011.
Despite the fact Hannant had played at the club before, Cullen informed his manager George Mimis the Broncos were no longer interested.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote: WARNING: Do not get our hopes up just yet.

The Broncos did the exact same thing 3 weeks before signing Hannant when they "pulled" out of the race.
The chances of Gold Coast Titans signing homesick Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant have firmed dramatically with Brisbane Broncos officially dropping out of the race.
Broncos officials, including chief executive Bruno Cullen and coach Ivan Henjak, met to discuss signing Hannant, who is looking for an early release from his contract at the Bulldogs which expires at the end of 2011.
Despite the fact Hannant had played at the club before, Cullen informed his manager George Mimis the Broncos were no longer interested.
Surely the storm wont cop it, they must make GI reaffirm his commitment to the storm ASAP, and never entertain any more offers, if he approaches us in a month wanting the release again for brisbane, we should say tough luck.. either we want GI or not, simple as that, and he better make up his mind fast if he wants to stay on or not, we cant afford to get into a dragged out transfer process .