If other clubs were found to be over the cap

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've been thinking that if other clubs were over the cap the NRL wouldn't say anything for now because if they go hard like they did with us they may face another court challenge from that club/s but if they go too soft they would be accused of double standards.

Also if the Titans were over they would want to keep it hush hush because with Gold Coast AFL coming in next year the last thing they need is bad rugby league publicity on the coast
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Was thinking the same thing.  My cousin is good friends with a retired player and he said every club is paying over the cap.  he also said if you were offered a car etc, you would be stupid to knock it back.  My opinion some clubs have been very quiet on storm getting caught out, I wonder if they may be a tad worried???
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If they are they should be named and shamed,especially GC
Sounds like ur cousins mate played for Roosters and Souffs at some stage,possibly dragons broncos and canberra to!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think if any club were over the cap they would have got rid of all the evidence when we got caught.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote: I think if any club were over the cap they would have got rid of all the evidence when we got caught.
If they were dumb enough to have evidence in the 1st place
Paper bag = win
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: I think if any club were over the cap they would have got rid of all the evidence when we got caught.
Yep, one thing to come out of us getting busted,

People at other clubs would have sat back , pointed at us and said, that is how you dont do it.

If you are going to cheat, you dont leave a trace of evidence.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Play the ball wrote:
Yep, one thing to come out of us getting busted,

People at other clubs would have sat back , pointed at us and said, that is how you dont do it.

If you are going to cheat, you dont leave a trace of evidence.
That's it.

I can clearly recall Russell Fairfax and others on Foxsport News say that shredders will be working in overdrive at other nrl clubs, shortly after the news broke about our breach.