Finally some good positive news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk gets cranky over speculation
By Matt Marshall From : The Daily Telegraph

July 03, 2010 12:00AM

MAROONS utility and Melbourne Storm stalwart Cooper Cronk has slammed talk of him linking with Parramatta as "disrespectful", "hurtful" and "untruthful". Cronk, who has formed part of the heart and soul of the club rocked by May's salary cap scandal, declared he remains 100 per cent committed to rebuilding the Storm from 2011.The 26-year-old Origin star said neither he nor his management team have had contact with the Eels and is adamant Melbourne's "Fab Four", which includes Origin teammates Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis and Billy Slater, would need to be forced kicking and screaming from their beloved club.The quartet, and the entire Melbourne fraternity, continue to await the results of a forensic audit into the club's salary cap conduct."I think it's quite disrespectful for people to be tossing things up that they don't have any information about," Cronk said of the Eels link. "When certain media toss things up, the public perception is that's the truth, and I have got a lot of family and friends and supporters of the club who will obviously be reading those things. "Whoever wrote the story is entitled to, but I think they should probably check with me or someone who is close to the club that knows a little bit more than they do."I'm not aware of it. I don't think anyone can be doing any of that stuff [negotiating] until things are sorted out. Me, my mates and the people in the four walls know I'm 100 per cent committed to the Melbourne Storm."I'm not sure what's going to unfold in the future but one thing I can't question is my love for the jersey and club down in Melbourne. Slater, who has also been linked to a series of other clubs and codes said the speculation was taking its toll."We can't wait until it is all out and they start making some decisions," Slater said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5887359819

Sorry guys for the bad info, although i guess thats why they call them rumours :P
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have a serious man-crush on Coops after that

It's quite obvious how much these guys love the Storm and how they will do whatever is necessary to stay and rebuild it.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

singlemalt wrote: I have a serious man-crush on Coops after that

It's quite obvious how much these guys love the Storm and how they will do whatever is necessary to stay and rebuild it.
...its not coz of his awesome abs??

Honestly im sure the big 4 all want to stay...anyone who has played at our club wants to stay...but who knows what will happen after this investigation crap is finished.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cranky Cronk sounds hot  :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: ;-)
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe he should just tell the media to "zip it".
You had me at meat tornado.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/a ... d=10656128
NRL: Storm plan to keep Blair dashes Warriors' hopes
By Steve Deane 4:00 AM Saturday Jul 3, 2010 Facebook

Adam Blair's contract runs until the end of next year. The Warriors are resigned to missing out on Adam Blair after learning the Melbourne Storm have no plans to release the coveted Kiwis forward from his contract.

Blair is contracted by the Storm until the end of next year but his name has been widely circulated as a player who may go on the market when the Storm look to dump players to fit under the salary cap next season.

But the Herald understands Blair won't be released because he is on a relatively low-priced contract. The Storm instead plan to release higher-earning players

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah wouldn't comment on specifics but the club is said to have been lining up a huge offer for Blair.

"He is the type of player we'd be interested in, particularly with his Kiwi connections, but I can't confirm that there have been any firm offers or negotiations," Scurrah said.

Blair was the top target on the Warriors' wish list but the club is now likely to set its sights on Blair's team-mate Brett White.
Pencil Blair into the 2011 squad
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

nice. Blairs awesome..
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:
singlemalt wrote: I have a serious man-crush on Coops after that

...its not coz of his awesome abs??

Honestly im sure the big 4 all want to stay...anyone who has played at our club wants to stay...but who knows what will happen after this investigation crap is finished.
Cronk has a body to die for! I wish I looked like that. The birds'd be throwin' themselves at him.

Good on him for coming out and saying that... in the Telecrap as well no less!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Monsoon
Monsoon

CRONK NOT GOING ANYWHERE SAYS STORM.

MELBOURNE Storm has told Parramatta to forget about Cooper Cronk, declaring it is not prepared to lose the star half-back in the wake of its salary cap scandal.The Eels have shown interest in Cronk, who is in state-of-origin camp with Queensland, and were preparing to be first in the queue to snap him up if he was forced out of the Storm as the club reorganised its playing roster to fit under the salary cap in 2011.But Storm football operations manager Frank Ponissi said yesterday he had told Eels chief executive Paul Osborne that Cronk was off limits.''He [Cronk] will not be released. Absolutely no chance,'' Ponissi said.''It's that black and white. It won't change, irrespective of what happens with the [NRL's audit] report.''The Storm's future, and which players they will be able to retain, will become clearer with the release of a forensic audit of the club's player payments structure that was ordered by the NRL after the club was found guilty of systemic rorting of the salary cap.Melbourne was stripped of two premierships and fined for the breaches.The results of the report are expected to be released by Storm owner, News Ltd, in the coming days.Osborne said any team would be interested in Cronk but accepted that the 26-year-old, who is contracted with the Storm until 2013, would not be available.''The Storm indicated that they wouldn't be letting him go, so we've moved on,'' he said. ''We're looking around ? we're always looking at options.''Meanwhile, Storm forward Ryan Hinchcliffe said last weekend's bye had come at the right time for the players, who were beginning to struggle under the grind of a season where they have been decreed to earn the wooden spoon as part of the penalties for rorting the salary cap.Most of the players and staff took the opportunity to get away from Melbourne and Hinchcliffe said the team had returned upbeat and was looking forward to playing in Adelaide against the Bulldogs on Saturday.''I think it was a good opportunity for everyone to get away from everything for a little while iand come back refreshed,'' he said.''The realisation that we're not going to be playing in the finals is probably the thing that is really starting to hit home, I suppose, but we've just got to get through these last few weeks and try and maintain as high a standard as we can.''

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... -zz1g.html
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pencil in another one - Cooper Cronk - yeah

I like our team so far . . .
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love Coops...forget for a minute that he's so hot, but he's also a born leader.

Did anyone notice in the latter stages of SOO last night when everyone was blueing, Coops was running around trying to pull players apart.