Storm administration

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Warning – long vent

As some of you may know, Melbourne Storm auctioned off the match worn player’s jerseys from the ANZAC Day game against the Warriors. I just adore Billy Slater and every time they auction off the player’s jerseys I always bid on his and always get outbid. This time I was not letting anything stop me – I was going to bid until it was mine. I paid a ridiculous amount of money and was the successful bidder. I paid straight away and sat back and waited for it to arrive. Fast forward two weeks – no sign of the jersey and no communication – I e-mail the club multiple times (no response) and eventually phone to find out what’s happening only to be told that the jerseys haven’t been signed yet and since Billy is now in Origin camp, it will be at least another two weeks. Fast forward another 2 weeks – still no sign of the jersey. More e-mails (no response) and phone calls – I get told it’s coming, you should have it by the end of the week.

I just got a phone call from Melbourne Storm informing me that they have LOST the jersey. FIVE WEEKS I waited patiently only to be told it has been lost. I was given two options – I could get another (non match worn) jersey for the SAME PRICE or a refund. I took the refund. I am furious and hurt and disappointed but most of all I am appalled at the complete and utter incompetence of the Melbourne Storm administration. If it were setting up the auction, I would have had all of the jerseys signed and ready to go when the auction finished so they could be dispatched immediately – but no, they string me along for five weeks.

Not happy! I am fast losing my patience with the poor administration.

Sorry for the long post but I had to vent somewhere before I exploded.  :x 
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Wow that's such bad form. 
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

what muppets lol
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can really understand your hurt and frustration, however I think that the whole Club may be under the pump a fair bit at the moment with obvious events...so...it may not necessarily be indicative of how the admin will run all the time.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe they should have offered you the chance to meet Billy after a game where he could sign the jersey he just wore in front of you and hand it over personally.
You had me at meat tornado.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I'd be happy with that as long as I got to watch him take it off and get lots of shirtless pics with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tongue: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: I can really understand your hurt and frustration, however I think that the whole Club may be under the pump a fair bit at the moment with obvious events...so...it may not necessarily be indicative of how the admin will run all the time.
I'm always loathe to criticize the club and get ridiculed from my mates how much i stick up for them (yeah you Connor) but after reading mahoobla's post there's just no defending how they've handled this. We all know they're under a shit load of stress and pressure right now but they were also back when this auction was run and if they weren't in a capable position to run it then they shouldn't have. I mean it's one thing to keep fobbing off the winning bidder with little to no communication but how the feck do you lose the jersey? I mean how hard would it be to collect the jersey's, get them signed and wait for whoever the winning bidder is to send them off? To me something do just doesn't sound right there.

Just as dissapointing i think were the options that were given to compensate for their cock up. At the very least they could've offered another match worn jersey from Bill, i know it's not the actual ANZAC day one but it's still match worn which is something. Mahoobla may not have even wanted that either which is fair enough but they should have at least given the option instead of an everyday jersey signed by Bill which any Tom Dick or Harry could get by getting their own jersey and getting it signed at training/after the game and i'm tipping it'd be a shitload cheaper! To me that's just a slap in the face and a joke.

Having said all that i'm not pointing the finger at the entire admin, i'd say there'd have been only one person who runs these auctions and lay the blame squarely at him/her. I know if it happened to me i'd be mightily pissed and dissapointed and i'd let whoever was in charge of it know all about it.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Always been slack with membership and communicating with its supporters...no surprise.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Thank you all for your support and comments - up until now I have defended and supported the club with my whole heart but today I am feeling mighty unhappy.

I would have happily accepted an on-field presentation of Billy's game day jersey straight off his back!

I have written a letter which I am going to send to the club - but I'm not sure who to send it to - any ideas?? My husband suggested Dr Moody. I am going to send it registered post to ensure that SOMEONE gets it and signs for it. If nothing else I will feel better getting it off my chest.

My husband also suggested I write to Billy explaining the situation - he seems a fair and reasonable man and might come up with a compromise....

I'll keep you posted.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Mate, If i were you I's march my arse straight into the storm headquarters, because this is unacceptable...they are so god damn lucky to have us fans sticking around so you have every right to be fuming
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm not sure which is more incompetent. Losing the jersey and the poor communication or letting you have your money without at least trying to offer a reasonable subsistute????????????????????????
Surely to keep the money they made, they should have offered you a meeting with Billy, or some extras, or a special game-day experience. Anything to keep you from asking for a refund.
Bad form. Poor treatment to a valued member and losing the money through an "I couldn't be lima lima lima duck' attitude.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

tugga wrote: I'm not sure which is more incompetent. Losing the jersey and the poor communication or letting you have your money without at least trying to offer a reasonable subsistute????????????????????????
Surely to keep the money they made, they should have offered you a meeting with Billy, or some extras, or a special game-day experience. Anything to keep you from asking for a refund.
Bad form. Poor treatment to a valued member and losing the money through an "I couldn't be *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ed' attitude.
Agree with you on all points.
The club have lost the plot with member/public relations and it's a bloody shame.   :?
I know it's 'in the past' but Reebs & Johnsy would NEVER have let something like this happen!  They knew how to please the supporter base and didn't have to spend up to do it either! 
I'm ashamed of the way the club is run now  :(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Bring Back Reebs and Johnsy
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thats very poor form,you guys have had your faith tested more than enough without stupid shit like this
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Brian wrote: Bring Back Reebs and Johnsy
If that happened we'd be hated even more, if that's possible ;D

They were great times at the club.

I hope this was just a once off because of the chaos at the club atm. but the matter should have been dealt differently and they should learn from this.