FOUR CORNERS THIS WEEK

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: danny wiedler
steve mascord
mark geyer

on twitter
What are they saying..??
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote:
sallymay wrote: 12 point (latest rumour) will be taken from the titans on the competition table
LOL,i take much pride in that,they didnt deserve 2 of there wins i know of
I have heard it's Many and not St George. Titans, Rabbitohs, Sea Eagles and Broncos.
2012 premiers. Legit.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

danny and steve give tips with a wink

tip 1 was titans lose 12 competition points

tip 2 was issac luke out for the year after dislocating shoulder at training today

it was just announced that issac is having scans tomorrow so that tip is almost right
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not sure if it`s the right place for this but Price leaving the Warriors might mean they make a play for Blair. Although the thing I find most interesting in the article is that we are apparently back to being $700,000 over rather than the 1.5m from last week. Anybody else get the impression that the journos just spin a roulette wheel whenever the write the articles and report whatever number they land on? :?

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-displ ... ping-94029
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Although the thing I find most interesting in the article is that we are apparently back to being $700,000 over rather than the 1.5m from last week. Anybody else get the impression that the journos just spin a roulette wheel whenever the write the articles and report whatever number they land on? Confused
Since News Ltd has already said,(in print) that the audit is finished they now have to be quite careful about figures that are thrown around,(in print).
The "It will take a week or so before the report is released" line made me laugh.
Deloitte give audit to News - News confer with lawyers,(and I would imagine Gallop,(NRL)) - then release 'findings'.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo.
I guess a week should be long enough to pick the eyes out of the report & leave just the none damaging,(to News Ltd) bits for the journos.

I browsed through a thread on a Shark forum the other day.
It was full of stories about players with paper bags of money & new cars,etc and how top heavy with rorts the entire system was.
Funny thing was...........I got quite a few pages in before I found anything about Storm.That was about the time the shit hit the fan over the penalties.

I guess if you point the finger at someone with a bit of garbage & dirt on them it makes you blind to the fact you're sitting on top of an overflowing cesspool  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was wondering about the report . With the court case pending do you think Storm will  be able to subpoena the audit findings in full from Deloittes so that they can see all of the findings?
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

back on the four corners thing I would suggest keeping a eye on each episode. Just thinking thy may try and slip it in quitely at some stage so the NRL doesn't realise until its too late. Four corners has a big viewership so even if its not promoted it will get noticed and then talked about before its repeated on ABC@
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mikey wrote: back on the four corners thing I would suggest keeping a eye on each episode. Just thinking thy may try and slip it in quitely at some stage so the NRL doesn't realise until its too late. Four corners has a big viewership so even if its not promoted it will get noticed and then talked about before its repeated on ABC@
It has been on record for a few weeks now ;-)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mikey wrote: back on the four corners thing I would suggest keeping a eye on each episode. Just thinking thy may try and slip it in quitely at some stage so the NRL doesn't realise until its too late. Four corners has a big viewership so even if its not promoted it will get noticed and then talked about before its repeated on ABC@
I think the program may be airing in a couple of weeks to coincide with the start of the court proceedings.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... -zu13.html

As for Four Corners the show's award-winning reporter, Sarah Ferguson, is indeed researching a salary-cap piece and interviewed Simpson among others, but there is no air date set. Ferguson's principal focus, in fact, was on the Storm and it is not known when, or if, a program will go to air.
The Four Corners report is mainly on the Storm, so much for it tipping 3 or 4 other clubs into the mire. Although they did talk to the Gold Coast's estranged builder.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All I keep hearing over a LU is talk about "other" clubs being fingered. If it's purely on us it all sounds lethal!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]