Player ratings vs souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater - 8 (Tried hard all night, one of the few who did)
Duffie - 6 (Got caught out in defence afew times, mainly nielsens fault, some nice bombs defused)
Nielsen - 3 (Where's chase stanley? woeful)
Inglis - 6 (MIA for the most part, scored 1 try and defended solidly)
O'Neill - 6 (Well.. Scored acouple, set the other up, but also bombed acouple and turned over alot of possession)
Finch - 7 (Was solid, good tough effort as usual)
Cronk - 4 (Easily his worst game in storm colours)
Norrie - 6 (Did his job)
Smith - 5 (Marginally better then cronk, still unacceptable by his standards)
White - 7 (Some good hard running by whitey)
Blair - 6 (Showed some glimpses of what he can do, needs to stop messin around)
Manu - 10 (MASSIVE! I love sikas work, another world class effort)
Proctor - 6 (Average)
Lima - 5 (Poor)
Hinchy - 6 (Didnt really notice him TBH)
Lowrie - 7 (An improvement)
Tolman - 5 (Lazy and has been since he signed with the dogs)

Overall a game we could of still won but definately didnt deserve too.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd give Sika a 10 and I'd throw him everyone else's points, too.
You had me at meat tornado.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: Slater - 8 (Tried hard all night, one of the few who did)
Duffie - 6 (Got caught out in defence afew times, mainly nielsens fault, some nice bombs defused)
O'Neill - 6 (Well.. Scored acouple, set the other up, but also bombed acouple and turned over alot of possession)
Norrie - 6 (Did his job)
Proctor - 6 (Average)
Lima - 5 (Poor)

You'll have to tell me how you quantify a MIA game, Inglis had more runs and made more meters then Billy. Not saying he had a great game buts its puzzling the standards he is held  to.

Agree about Tolman, apart from 1 game has been very average since he came back.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote:
1999 wrote: Slater - 8 (Tried hard all night, one of the few who did)
Norrie - 6 (Did his job)
Proctor - 6 (Average)
Lima - 5 (Poor)

You'll have to tell me how you quantify a MIA game, Inglis had more runs and made more meters then Billy. Not saying he had a great game buts its puzzling the standards he is held  to.

Agree about Tolman, apart from 1 game has been very average since he came back.
billy makes his presence felt with things that dont get stats, afew try saving tackles, the only player chasing a bomb, chip or loose ball etc. GI was ok but certainly didnt inject himself at a level were used to seeing, i just felt billy put more energy and effort into his performance.. u know what i mean? i knows stats are a good guide but they dont always tell the whole tale.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote: I'd give Sika a 10 and I'd throw him everyone else's points, too.
He's been awesome and we really do have to try and keep him in our squad going forward.

I actually thought GI had a very solid game for us, made heaps of metres and runs.

Tolman should be dropped to make way for someone that will be with the team next year.  I know this sounds harsh and seeing we aren't playing for points this year, its time to blood a few newbies.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wheres the context though.

Billy chases kicks because theyre set plays put on for him. He seems to play with more energy because thats just a requirement of the position, he gets involved more, because again, thats a requirement of the position, a try saving tackle is a result of being the last line of defence. Its every unfair and bordering on asanine to use those things that Billy is able to do because he's a Fb and use them as material against Greg.

The ball hardly got to either center tonight and when it goes left now teams work really hard to sprint up in a line to cut down his space. Certainly though Greg does his fair share of deocy runs on the left to take defensive pressure of his inside and outside man, something he doesnt get any credit for.

Bascially what Im saying is MIA has become a very lazy & cliched way to describe an average game from Inglis, surely Cronks game would be more deserving of the moniker or Tolman for that matter.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote: Wheres the context though.

Billy chases kicks because theyre set plays put on for him. He seems to play with more energy because thats just a requirement of the position, he gets involved more, because again, thats a requirement of the position, a try saving tackle is a result of being the last line of defence. Its every unfair and bordering on asanine to use those things that Billy is able to do because he's a Fb and use them as material against Greg.

The ball hardly got to either center tonight and when it goes left now teams work really hard to sprint up in a line to cut down his space. Certainly though Greg does his fair share of deocy runs on the left to take defensive pressure of his inside and outside man, something he doesnt get any credit for.

Bascially what Im saying is MIA has become a very lazy & cliched way to describe an average game from Inglis, surely Cronks game would be more deserving of the moniker or Tolman for that matter.

Cronk was awful, as was tolman.

I guess your right greg didnt get alot of quality ball so it was hard for him to do anything too exciting.. I guess you can say say the action wasnt down his side, so he was indeed missing from it lol.

Seriously though i gave greg an average score as he wasnt at his best, maybe a 6 was a tad harsh..  and i guess billys enthusiasm always earns him acouple more points. GI still outscored most the other backs thats for sure.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No, I think 6 is fair. Its the MIA tag I rile at  :).
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tough game for the boys tho.. they all backed up from Origin the other week. Had a HUGE game agaisnt the Cowboys, then the travel to Perth.. There doing very well.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nielsen has been pretty useless in the last few games. Im pretty sure he will head elsewhere next season so lets get a young gun in.
I actually think Lima was pretty good defintly atless a 7
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nadruku wrote: No, I think 6 is fair. Its the MIA tag I rile at  :).
Cronk favours the right anyway and always as done, the only time Greg gets good ball is if Finchy gets early ball to him or gets through the line to get it to him. If you look back, Greg actually came in a nd look a bit of ball up for the forwards.

What was ordinary was our outside defence with incorrect decision making.