Cooper Cronk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am hearing an announcment is imminent from various sources that cooper has penned a 4 year contract with the parramatta eels, worth in excess of $2 million.

My source is from someone inside the club and supposedly all parra players were informed at training today.

If this is indeed true i will be furious at storm management, i believe he is more important then all others in the squad at the moment.

I also find it odd that the storm would release a contracted and best value player in the squad BEFORE the audit is complete, i thought cooper was very happy here at the storm.

God i hope this isn't true.

:x
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I *lima lima lima duck* HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE!!  :'(  :x :'( :x
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm telling you guys I was watching the game v the Cowboys and he wasn't himself. Emotionally I saw there was something up with him.
I mentioned this in another post.
I hope we're all wrong, he's my fav player. lima lima lima duck parra scum.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well I am truly shocked...and it must be true if the announcement was made to Parramatta players.

And to the club who I absolutely hate , apart from St. George and Manly.
He's going to look shit in that shocking jersey.

And I will have to change my User Name  :'( :'(
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few weeks ago I wouldnt have believed it but when you think about it Cooper to me is the type of bloke who would sacrifice himself for the greater good for want of a better word. Or maybe he wasnt getting the extra pocket-money and is filthy that he signed a lesser-contract for nothing

I dont agree either that he is irreplaceable nor is he the most important player in the team.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i feel sick now

what about daniel mortimer
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BTW there is nothing on the Parra forum @ LU about, surely theyd have mentioned it already if true.
Monsoon
Monsoon

BTW my source is a wentworthville player who i used to play juniours with, he is abit of a larrikin but not a liar. He msg'd me out of the blue with no reason to lie, not completely ruling out a gee up but i believe he is being genuine. 

Thats the worrying thing Noa.

Who knows whats gone on behind closed doors, cooper seems like an honest and hard working guy, and im sure he would be one of the most hurt by the salary cap rorting, especially if he took a pay cut why the other big 3 were on double his wage.

Cooper also hasnt seemed himself on the field in recent weeks i agree bula.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Omg my heart just broke a little. Please please I hope he doesn't leave.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote: BTW there is nothing on the Parra forum @ LU about, surely theyd have mentioned it already if true.
The rumour is on the Parra LU forum...just had a look.

I agree with you though..Cooper is replaceable and he isn't the most important player atm (very very good...but not irreplaceable).

If it is true (IF)....then all that stuff from 5 weeks ago when he captained about the Purple jersey meaning more to him than anything was a load of FROG SHIT.

Obviously blue, orange, yellowy green and green would be more favourite colors to him rather than purple.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im friends with eric grothe on facebook and today he changed his status to some interview done by a player
this is what he wrote

Yeah nah dunno bout that mate, it's a team effort. Full credit to the forwards for laying the foundations to make it easy for us backs to do what we do and it's just great to come away with the 2 points especially here at their home ground."..........id rather have my face shaved with a brick than have to listen to that shit

sounds to me llike he has a problem with someone

by the way how the hell can parra afford to have cooper but not keep two wingers krisnan and feliti kinda stange isnt it

jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: im friends with eric grothe on facebook and today he changed his status to some interview done by a player
this is what he wrote

Yeah nah dunno bout that mate, it's a team effort. Full credit to the forwards for laying the foundations to make it easy for us backs to do what we do and it's just great to come away with the 2 points especially here at their home ground."..........id rather have my face shaved with a brick than have to listen to that shit

sounds to me llike he has a problem with someone

by the way how the hell can parra afford to have cooper but not keep two wingers krisnan and feliti kinda stange isnt it
That sounds like a Knights' player's interview after their Monday night game.  So probably sour grapes from Grothe.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did say that I'd heard GI and Cam very clearly say in the media that they wanted to stay at Storm.

Billy also said that was his preference but there was a lot to sort out.

Don't remember hearing Cooper swear his undying allegiance to staying.

He did say he loved the purple jersey and was proud to wear it....he could go to the Eels and still be proud of the purple jersey that HE USED to wear.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4 years is a long time

storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just how would parra pay a 500k / year contract given they have had to juggle to keep Hyane....and are having to let inu etc go as they cant keep them...seems like a rumour more than fact here.....
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "