Can anyone tell me the reason given for the Cowbells being confiscated?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I was wondering if any of the Bai Stand/Thunder squad can tell me what reason was given for the cowbells being confiscated tonight at the game????? I have been going to the game for a fair few years now and dont recall it EVER being a problem before.  Thought it sucked!!!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

At half time I found a MOPT supervisor and complained about the cowbells being taken away.  She got on her phone and called someone higher up.  Apparently, a condition of entry is that no musical instruments are allowed.  She also told me that a cowbell could be used as a weapon - which I plainly told her was ridiculous.  She said she would pass on my concern but I'll probably send an e-mail as well just to make sure.

AAMI Park - where there's no fun allowed.
You had me at meat tornado.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote: At half time I found a MOPT supervisor and complained about the cowbells being taken away.  She got on her phone and called someone higher up.  Apparently, a condition of entry is that no musical instruments are allowed. 
That's strange considering MRS AAMI Park is owned by MOPT and they've never had a problem with the cowbells at any Storm game that I can recall.

Also no mention on their website about any such restrictions.

http://www.aamipark.com.au/desktopdefau ... _read-124/
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's here, though: http://www.aamipark.com.au/PortalData/1 ... _FINAL.pdf

She also pointed to posters on the gate entry which I'm assuming is the same as the PDF.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

No idea why they went troppo on the cowbells....maybe some folk have an aversion to noise   :?   The management of the stadium is bullshite asshole!!!  :x
I propose at the next home game EVERYONE comes with a cowbell and we stuff those morons up!!!  :lol:
What's next?? Will they ban the Bai Stand from our try songs with the kazoos?
GAME ON MOLES!!!  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Banned from the link above

"Professional cameras, audio recording devices or video cameras"

So.... did everyone have their phones and cameras confiscated too???
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The woman I spoke to also told me that they weren't going to change their mind.  We'll see.

Tel: + 61 3 9286 1600
Fax: + 61 3 9650 3256
Email: enquiries@mopt.vic.gov.au
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote: It's here, though: http://www.aamipark.com.au/PortalData/1 ... _FINAL.pdf

She also pointed to posters on the gate entry which I'm assuming is the same as the PDF.
Their "Search Site" function is stuffed coz I did a search for "music" and that link did not come up.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im not sure of there reasons. But to be honest. I thought it was very disrespectful the way the police were
treated by the crowd. I thought that was disgraceful actually.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote: Im not sure of there reasons. But to be honest. I thought it was very disrespectful the way the police were
treated by the crowd. I thought that was disgraceful actually.
I'm in the western stand so didn't see what happened with the police. Care to fill us in with what you saw?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Verbal abuse at them. Hand signs. Chanting at them. They didnt make the rules. And they also help keep ppl safe when needed. I thought it was very poor form of the ppl that carried on this way.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If stadium management wanted the cowbells removed then they should've used their own staff for their dirty work instead of using the police to do it.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote: At half time I found a MOPT supervisor and complained about the cowbells being taken away.  She got on her phone and called someone higher up.  Apparently, a condition of entry is that no musical instruments are allowed.  She also told me that a cowbell could be used as a weapon - which I plainly told her was ridiculous.  She said she would pass on my concern but I'll probably send an e-mail as well just to make sure.

AAMI Park - where there's no fun allowed.
I dont know how accurate that is.  it was abit odd that half a dozen police came into the stands just to take cowbells away because the stadium doesnt allow musical instruments.

The police went to two differents sections in that aisle of the crowd. and to 2 groups of ppl.

I smell a scuffle.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally i don't blame those who were pissed about taking the cow bell, If i were in that section i'd have been doing the same thing. It may well have not been the cops rules but unfortunately for them they were the ones that were taking away something that has been part of our home games for as long as most of us can remember. it's not a cop bashing thing, it could've been anyone confiscating them and they still would've copped the same.

You might sympathize with the cops Simo and call me a traditionalist but i sypathize a shitload more for us supporters who have lost yet another thing that has made the Melbourne Storm home games so unique compared to every other team in the NRL. I'm sorry and to be blunt i couldn't give a flying *lima lima lima duck* that the cops got a bit of a ribbing for taking away the cow bell. Yes the fans may have shot the messenger but as Surandy rightly pointed out it should've been MOPT staff and security to do the dirty work and i if they did they would've copped and  exactly the same thing.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Im shocked ur still using a cowbell after the man it was originally for left years ago
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler