4 Corners on Monday night; place your bets.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK, so the 4 Corners report re: the salary cap scandal is airing on Monday and from what I hear there are 4 teams IN ADDITION to Storm who, should be very, very nervous as they will be exposed as rorting the cap as well.

For mine it's these 4;

Broncos, Titans, Manly and St. George-Illawarra.

I've also head it may be as many as 8 teams in which case I'm also expecting the Tigpies and Eels to be under the microscope. Also not prepared to rule out the Roosters. The 8th is a mystery.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rumor in today's Daily Telegraph, was an overseas club and a foundation club where going to be worrried about the four corners report.  The Daily Telegraph have herad nothing about the report!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

An overseas club and a foundation club?

Have to be Bradford and Souths over the Burgess deal.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only overseas NRL club is the Warriors.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Holy crap, I can't wait.
The Sam Burgess deal was abit dodgy considering how much the Tigers bid for him and how much Souths signed him for.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I sure hope it is able to shut up a few guys at work - getting really tired of the Storm jibes .....
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tell me about it. Hopefully Parra is one of them.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Four clubs....2 that have won Premierships.

So that  leaves the Broncos, Manly, Roosters, Tigers and Penrith if you look at recent Premiership winners.

The Titans, Parra and maybe the Cowboys, if you look at their recent  major signings are other  possible clubs.

I hope St. Merge are in that lot :lol:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope its a solid report and has some credibility.
Parra and Manly are the big ones, Brisbane I think everyone knows have rorted the cap in the past decade.
Will be interesting, Brisbane, Eels and Manly would really have me laughing though. Oh and let's not forget St Merge with all their fans on LU.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bring it on i say and i hope if any other club are over that they're fully exposed and dealt with. There may once have been a time when our scandal first broke that i said "i wouldn't wish this on any other club or supporter" but not now. After the constant abuse and ridicule from fans of every club i say *lima lima lima duck* em and if their club gets done for rorting the cap as well then i won't lose any sleep over it. On the contrary, i'll enjoy giving back exactly what we've copped for the last 2 months. Yes i'm petty, cynical and vindictive  :lol: but this fiasco and especially the way it's been handled from the powers that be has made me that way and i'm sure it has plenty of others as well.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would love nothing more than it being Parra and Manly - and have Manly stripped of the 08 premiership too!!  :lol: :lol:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

be interesting if it is a premiership club, the precedent has now been set and any inconsistency would see the court hand us back our premierships immediately!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Link please?

I think this is bogus and just a bad rumour mill stuff.  Four Corners are not advertising any NRL Salary Cap story.  Unless you have something official, please dont give people false expectations.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Guys it's not on, here's the link
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/ ... 929919.htm

says nothing about the Nrl. I got my frigging hopes up.
Last edited by bula on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My bet is Broncos (The other news team),Rabbitohs (Burgess and his 5 star resort apartment),Titans (Princes house) and SAINTS (Bennett has been a cap cheat for that long he wouldnt be able to live without the thrill of cheating the cap)

Centenary Grand Final record flogging shall stay as is,4 marquee players,Stewie,Ox,Dropmough,Lyon
Stewie was on a long term low cost contract,Ox was the moneyeater,Dropmough still had another year on his contract
and Lyon was the other money eater,Zoidberg (Bell) Didnt come to cheaply either,but those around them were on
rubbish money (Wolfman,Minimum wage,The Stranger,another clubs reject),That year we had no notable players out
on long term injuries,oh how i miss those times...throughout the season i think it was 21men played

Seriously read the Sea Eagles story post super league war,Doors almost shut a few times after norths lima lima lima duck us around
and the only reason our heads above water is because Delmage and Penn oh and FYI,Delmage was in trouble for a bad accountant
last year and was fined or almost fined for overdue taxes,he also stated he didnt realise it would be such a money drain,id love to
know how the club with the least members could actually be over the cap,please enlighten this Bird Of Prey
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler