Active Support - help needed!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Was wrapped with the improvement of atmosphere! Everyone was getting into it, I enjoyed every moment. Was pleased with how everyone reacted with the confiscation of the cowbells and showed that we didn't need it to create noise. I have a massive headache and a sorethroat (shows that it was loud!) Thankyou to all involved, love you all ;)
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote: Cowbell Mark -

MSSC - Melbourne Storm Supporters Club. Was run as an independent group separate from
Storm itself. Although some stuff did go through Storm from time to time...
It involved social functions through out the year, a booklet produced each home game,
I think the banner fell into being part of the MSSC at one stage  but I might be wrong on that,
away travel and other things were organised by the MSSC body - which was a group
of volunteers that often worked very hard behind the scenes.

Brian - I had forgotten about the floggers that the MSSC had at one stage... they did look good  :D
Oh okay...well I might try look into something similar, which would probably be smaller but I really feel like we have lost something which other teams despised, which was the atmosphere of the graveyard...which we don't need to go into reason why. But I am willing to put in my all to make this one big family again.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:I had no problems on Monday night when I slummed it with The Bai Stand.   ;D 
It has been brought to my attention that the above statement by myself may have caused offence to fellow Bai Standers.

I wish to apologise wholeheartedly for the hurt and degradation that my thoughtless comment has caused, I shall in future seek to give more thought to the comments that I make.

Now that is over, how great was the lima lima lima duck noise from the whole lima lima lima duck crowd and the Thunder Squad in general!!!

We really stood up for pussy lima lima lima duck whipped Cowgirls!!!

Keep up the great work and go the mutha lima lima lima duck STORM!!!!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote: I ended up with a vistor tonight - so kept my cussy 40m line seats, but I have to say that the crowd was awsome.  It helps that we were scoring try after try, but even beore we got on a role the crowd was really making noise.  There was a group on the Southern side that started up quite loud but didn't keep it up all game.  Around me there aren't many chanters, but those of us who did, could jump on to the tail end of the northern stand/Thunder Squad.

I didn't realise that the cow-bell was confiscated until someone yelled to Storm Man not to go to the northern end, cos the coppers don't like cowbells.  I could hear the chant "give us back our . . ." and I was trying to work out what.  Bringing multiple bells will mean that you could mask their location ;-)

On the TV you could really hear the Billy chant, but I couldn't at the ground.  We did get about 5 people with the Super Bill chant, and when that started at OP it grew each week - so maybe there is some hope for us!!
Soft... ;)
Nah, its good that you can still sort of hear us, even from where you are!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we could hear you at the other end of the ground ;D
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched a recording of the game this morning (the first half at least) and I'm amazed at how well the roof keeps the noise in.
You had me at meat tornado.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

MSSC - Melbourne Storm Supporters Club. Was run as an independent group separate from
It involved social functions through out the year, a booklet produced each home game,
I think the banner fell into being part of the MSSC at one stage  but I might be wrong on that,
away travel and other things were organised by the MSSC body - which was a group

Brian - I had forgotten about the floggers that the MSSC had at one stage... they did look good  :D
Were they made of paper? Or were they the new synthetic ones you see in the AFL that get made by a company called Christmas Mill?

JF

PS:- Wouldn't it be better to get some hand held signs and flags first? Maybe Jayco can come in and make some flags that we can hand out to everyone? Because those little Thunder Squad flags are pink & look naff.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

On Saturday we in the top tier of the Eastern stand were told that from the next home game we would not be able to wave flags in the front row because they were putting advertising signage up and we would not be allowed to put or wave flags in front of it......yeah right
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Whats actually happened to the MSSC now? My father recently asked me how they have been travelling. He along with 2 friends of ours were the people who started the MSSC :)
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Rose Madder wrote: On Saturday we in the top tier of the Eastern stand were told that from the next home game we would not be able to wave flags in the front row because they were putting advertising signage up and we would not be allowed to put or wave flags in front of it......yeah right
Do me a favour....get one or two massive flags and wave so they cover the boards...I'm sick of this joint already
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose Madder wrote: On Saturday we in the top tier of the Eastern stand were told that from the next home game we would not be able to wave flags in the front row because they were putting advertising signage up and we would not be allowed to put or wave flags in front of it......yeah right
Why would they stop you from waving flags when the advertising signage would be on the balcony in front of you?
You had me at meat tornado.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

With all this crap with the cowbell's and banner's, this new stadium is starting to really piss me off, wish we were back at the GRAVEYARD even with the terrible amenities, to hell with the Gestapo at this new place
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

one-eyed wrote: With all this crap with the cowbell's and banner's, this new stadium is starting to really piss me off, wish we were back at the GRAVEYARD even with the terrible amenities, to hell with the Gestapo at this new place
It is a concern isn't it?  I thought they were the same security you got at the old ground. I have recognised a couple of the ACG Red Coat guys from the A-League. I have no reason why they are being so officious.

If they think we are bad, wait till the Victory tools start acting like nobs in the summer. I wonder if security will threaten people with expulsion for swearing or waving big flags :roll: :nono:

JF
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
Do me a favour....get one or two massive flags and wave so they cover the boards...I'm sick of this joint already
I got a new PVC flagpole for my giant 5metre high flag, as my last one (from Balflags.com.au) snapped just as the Roosters game started.

I have a second pole & would be prepared to have a second (slightly smaller) flag made. But unfortunately I'm out of work and kind of flush for cash right now. If anyone wants to get a big flag kitty together I can get some purple navy gold & white material so that we can not only make a second big one but several 2m mid-sized ones as well.

There used to be a guy who used to wave a big flag (often after games due to the 1.8m limits) a couple of seasons ago? Does anyone know if that person still goes to games? What about the flags that used to sit up on the northern terrace with the Bai Stand banner, are they still usable? Would their owners mind if we used them at games again?

What's the go peoples?

JF (he of the floppy pole & all 8))
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just a point - if people who sit within the Thunder Squad area want to start chants and get people involved, it looks a lot better when they're wearing Storm colours... 95% do, but against the Roosters game, there was a guy in a Geelong Cats tracksuit and against the Cowgirls, there was a guy decked out in a Canberra shirt, cap and jacket. Makes absolutely no sense and to be honest, looks plain stupid. If your gonna try and get people involved, at least wear some Purple, or at worst, neutral colours. Canberra or Geelong weren't playing on those occasions :?