Big Hits (tackles)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Achmid
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey all,

I'm actually wonderingif anyone can link me a clip or give any information regarding a massive tackle years ago (I think between 2000-2003) by the Storm on the Sydney Roosters (or Sydney City as they were then).

I think the player in question was Craig wing, and he was making a break down the wing.  I think it was Robbie Ross who made the tackle coming from in field, and from memory, he hit hard, took the ball off Wing and scored.

If anyone knows of a big tackle like this, and I've got the details wrong, feel free to correct me, and better yet, if anyone could link to a clip of the tackle that'd be great.  The Footy showed have played it a couple of times over the years, but don't show the whole clip, but it's probably my favourite play ever.
Monsoon
Monsoon

it was on adrian lam
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I remember it well,

It was in the opening minutes of the game , right in front of where I was sitting in the Eastern Stand ,

Ross on Lam, little man on little man, both players were flying, Lam in open space, ross came across from fullback and lined him up and smashed him,

Pretty sure the ball spilled loose and we regathered and ended up at the other end of the field, we may have even scored,

It was an action packed start to a game.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Ross picked up the ball, passed, and then received the pass back to score at the Swan Street end.  Adrian Lam was on another planet.  Best hit I've ever seen, and I consider it to be one of the best moments on the park in the history of the Storm (it made the list but wasn't number one).
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep - one of my favs... Ross smashed Lam, picked it up, passed to Bai who busted down the wing and then threw back inside to the best support player in the game Robbie Ross to score! (that's how I remember it anyway!!)
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

That was a cracker play.. was that game at Docklands when that happened?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Graveyard!

mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well done guys - bet we all don't remember what we did 2 days ago
Achmid
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks for all the help everyone.  Anyone know where a clip may be hiding on the net?  I've had a fairly long and unproductive search
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

That happened in 2000, Best Hit Ever!  In the slow-mo you could see the spittle (or teeth - but I don't think it was teeth) flying from Lams mouth (gross I know but funny)  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Achmid wrote: Thanks for all the help everyone.  Anyone know where a clip may be hiding on the net?  I've had a fairly long and unproductive search
I've got it somewhere on a clip from Boots 'n' All. I'll try and find it on the weekend.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Watmough and Gifty breaking Crockers ribs,legitimate tackle
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crocker winning the 07 GF with his perfect hit on Stewart... still don't understand it not being a knock on

The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Neither do i,its not like he charged in from 20 metres out leading with elbow or nothing.....anyone care to look at the video? wasnt even inside the 10
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dredging up a seriously old thread I know but I'm trying to show my 9 year old the famous tackle where Robbie Ross cleaned up Adrian Lam. Anyone point me to the appropriate youtube clip please? (Also, whilst you're feeling generous, Crocker on Stewart would please me no end)