I left the game 20 minutes early tonite - could you really blame me?!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

If that was the future of the Storm on display tonite then God help us!!!!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You mean your parents left early.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Get a life supporters like you we don't need
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Pretty poor summation buddy. Whilst I can understand you wanting to leave (for the record, I decided to stay but each to their own), to say that the futures looking grim because of tonights performance is rediculous. You can't just whack in half a dozen players who've hardly played first grade football, including two debutants, and expect them to fire against a hardened side such as the Roosters. We were always going to be up against it, but it would have been nice to be a little more competitive. I expect kids like O'Neill will be better for the run and perform better in their next match (whenever that may be).
Thor19
Squall
Squall

I stayed to the end - not the best performance by the Storm - too impatient and not solid enough defence - more like my touch footy side.

Seriously tonight was a tough game to watch but the players are going through a fair bit at the moment (Canberra fans/ Parra fans/ give back the trophy/ three contracts/ Deloitte audit results publicised by News Ltd/not knowing where there are next year/ not playing for points) - and the fact that they have lost everything they have worked for - minor premierships/ premierships etc.

Putting that together and then coming up with the points for a purpose - you have to really respect and admire the players. Plus the piece on the Fr Bob foundation they continue to deserve our support right until the siren goes.

Yeah I'm p***ed off with the performance but I just think of the physical pain the players would have to go through to get to this level of fitness and with the other cr*p - it is not worth walking away and not supporting the guys.
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great for these young guys to get some more first grade experience.

If you only like a team when there winning.. then your not a fan.. your a bandwagon supporter.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote: If that was the future of the Storm on display tonite then God help us!!!!
Telling porky pies again...Note the time of this thread ;D

Unless of course you live in a burrow at Gosh's paddock.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

simo wrote: Great for these young guys to get some more first grade experience.

If you only like a team when there winning.. then your not a fan.. your a bandwagon supporter.
I agree completely, it's as if he wants another Slater, Inglis or Cronk running around, it ain't going to happen.

Experience is a wonderful thing, they'll all be better for the run.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

You were not at the game.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The future is players ...playing in front of a passionate and supportive crowd...who are there to support the Club through good and bad times.....in the knowledge that strength is achieved through loyalty.

BTKSlater...you are a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing knob
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
billythekidslater wrote: If that was the future of the Storm on display tonite then God help us!!!!
Telling porky pies again...Note the time of this thread ;D

Unless of course you live in a burrow at Gosh's paddock.
I actually got home at 9.00pm - train is faster than walking didn't you know??!!!!
40-20
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Re: time of thread - I usually read (and post to) this site from my phone, so he could have theoretically been at the game.

That being said, he's a troll, so he probably wasn't.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Yeah I am a troll. Those 4 Grand Finals that I have been to is just made up hehe :lol:
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: You mean your parents left early.
Thats pure gold
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Mate if I ever meet you at a game, which I won't because you're never there, I will happily give you a spray... Were you there a couple weeks ago when we convincingly beat the bulldogs with the same crop of players? Have you stopped to think about what the players are going through this season? You say "Can you blame me for leaving" Well yes because it's times like these the poor bastards need our support. If you're willing to go to the grand finals, then you must be willing to stay for these pointless matches.