Andrew Johns has stood down as NSW Assistant Coach

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thunder wrote: What Johns said was wrong on all levels! There are no excuses and all of you out there trying to justify or simply expalin what he might have meant are living in the stars!

He is a pathetic human being and his comments are not isolated!

But in a statement last night Tahu said the comment was not an isolated incident.

Indigenous Rugby League Council board member Sol Bellear told ABC Local Radio in Brisbane today that he had spoken with senior members of Tahu's family at the weekend.

Bellear was told by the Tahu family that Johns had used a range of derogatory terms towards players of indigenous heritage, and Inglis was not the only target.

"Greg Inglis wasn't the only one who was sledged, [the one] he used those words at," he said.

"He used the word 'nigger', he used the word 'black b', he used the word 'monkey' at other players of colour as well ... and other words such as 'coon' and the like.

He has a track record and if any of you can justify these comments are just as bad as him. The NRL is a joke! It really is!!
Im indigengous, and Sol Bellear is full of shit, dont pay attention to him. Also I dont think that Joey is racist AT ALL but he cant say what he said.

To give you the Koori perspective we take offence to it because we have been called it for 200 years, and up until relatively recently there WAS usually hatred behind it. So when Timana or me jacks up, its becasue of that history, not just the words.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Some people just dont get it ,

It is hugely offensive , it is so easy to re educate your self to not speak like that, only requires a small amount of effort,

most people who still speak like that are not bad people at heart, just a bit ignorant ,and i put joey in that catagory.

maybe it does take someone like Tahu to do something drastic like he has to bring it to attention.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Play the ball wrote: Some people just dont get it ,

It is hugely offensive , it is so easy to re educate your self to not speak like that, only requires a small amount of effort,

most people who still speak like that are not bad people at heart, just a bit ignorant ,and i put joey in that catagory.

maybe it does take someone like Tahu to do something drastic like he has to bring it to attention.
I believe that white people should try to be less ignorant and indiginous have to realise that slightly ignorant white people
were NOT the ones who persecuted them 200years ago,I wasnt alive back then and neither was Tahu,fighting over shit that
happened 40-200 years ago is not going to change the past,we ALL have to move on from the actions of those before us if
we're all to thrive,to me guys like Mundine are complete weeds,he brings up terrible mistakes of a past he didnt exist in yet
sure his tribe may have faced this BUT he simply doesnt know what his on about as he isnt a victim or a witness,i mean seriously
if we're going to play this again while we're at it why dont we persecute the race responsible for the grizzly death of jesus christ?

Ill tell you why we dont persecute them,its lima lima lima duck wrong as none of them were involved in the actions,they shouldnt be held accountable
for the actions of theyre ancestors and guys like Anthony (I feel sorry for myself because my tribe who i wasnt born to meet once got something
aweful happen to them) Mundine can start wars which is something we've come TO FAR to turn around and fight over now as a people and
as a country and remembering all Joey really did was point out an iminent danger of 1 man to another man,using poor words around Timana Pussycat
Tahu

Id give my left nut for a go in Origin and id take a personal targetted attack by a racist black man telling me im a useless white C*** and be beaten
by all of a group of islanders till they tired out and id still get out there (If i could walk,cripple walk,crawl or run)  in that sky blue jersey for the
bastard who chastised and had me bashed and do my best for him and my state,because thats what being a man is all about
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Eagle wrote: because thats what being a man is all about
If that is what being a man is about then we all need help.........
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sick of hearing NSW personalities defending him saying he thought it was ok because of the company he was in, it is NEVER OK!!!  Yes he was probably just being ignorant, but, isn't that what racism is?
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world