Lost players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so we have lost Aiden now we have lost Ryan Tandy effective immeditley
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

what happened? where's he gone?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: what happened? where's he gone?
Doggies, should play next week
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is that why Sione Kite was in street-clothes today. Playing Monday ?
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ponissi said highly regarded Maitland teenager Robbie Rochow would come into the Storm side against the Roosters.

"Robbie captained our under-20 side to the premiership last year and he's a very talented kid," said Ponissi.

"He's very excited about his debut and so are we," he said.
Sauce: http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... -y4i3.html
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slightly strange but good luck to him. He'll obviously play a hoff-like role, Id expect Sika Manu to play a bit more prop then.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They will shortly be able to change the name of the bulldogs to Stormdogs,it seems that every time one of our players is reported to be leaving they are heading for the bulldogs,I would hate to be a bulldogs player ,wouldn't feel too safe would you??
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rose Madder wrote: They will shortly be able to change the name of the bulldogs to Stormdogs,it seems that every time one of our players is reported to be leaving they are heading for the bulldogs,I would hate to be a bulldogs player ,wouldn't feel too safe would you??
I'd like to know how the dogs can afford our players under their salary cap.  ;-)
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He is on minimum contract for storm this year and doesn't have a contract for next year.  While we probably couldn't have offered him anything next year it is a pity the audit isn't over so the club knows what position it is in next year.

Can't say anything except good luck.  He'll enjoy playing with the other ex-melbourne players.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tandy, 28, who played for Ireland in the 2008 World Cup, made his NRL debut for St George Illawarra in 2003, also had stints with South Sydney and Wests Tigers.

Since switching to Melbourne last year, Tandy's game has improved considerably and the club said his departure was very "amicable".

"Ryan was on the scrap heap when he came to us," said Ponissi.

"But he has been terrific for us and he played in our grand final side last year."
I hate that a player can swap during the season ... I know it was amicable ... but wtf is the NRL
thinking when a player can start the year with one team and end it with another - makes no sense

Also I love how teams dont want these players until they have come to Storm,
time, money and effort has gone into improving their game - then they become hot property.
So tell me again how storm brought their grand finals.... grrrr.... they didnt we just have the
best coaching staff, environment and supporters who can nurture and develop players better
than any other NRL side.... and that is what truly pisses the NRL off.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -y4wr.html

So according to this article we are going to cut loose GI, Hoffman, White, Quinn and Finch. I find afew things funny about this article...

- This same paper claimed that GI is the storms number 1 priority afew days ago
- Wern't we always releasing Lima and Finch, now with Tolman & Tandy that must be atleast 500k of talent already off the books (i dare say finch and tolman were due for big pay raises in 2011 and MAY be part of the amount planned to be spent next year)
- I'm pretty sure Chase Stanley will replace GI, not Isa lol
- Somehow the paper has exact figures and player lists planned to be released before the NRL, Storm and Deloitte... Amazing!
- How do they know uncontracted players like Nielsen wont be shown the door first, not really a great idea releasing so many CONTRACTED players.

If those 5 are shown the door this would be the team to go with FTR

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Stanley
4. Nielsen
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. Manu
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Bromwich
16. Rochow
17. Kite

Thats a loss of

Greg Inglis
Brett Finch
Brett White
Aiden Tolman
Ryan Tandy
Jeff Lima
Anthony Quinn
Ryan Hoffman

IF WE ARE THAT MANY PLAYERS OVER THE CAP... WERE F***ED, THAT OUR ENTIRE ENGINE ROOM LOL, SURELY WE WONT LOSE OR ALLOW TO WALK ALL THOSE PLAYERS! ALTHOUGH TO BE FAIR I ONLY WOULD WANNA KEEP GI AND FINCH OUT OF THAT BUNCH, THE OTHERS WERE ALWAYS GOING, WHITE HOFF AND QUINN ARE PAST IT I BELIEVE, TIME FOR O'NEILL ROCHOW AND KITE!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OMG I wouldn't mind building a team around White  Hoffman and Quinn,they are a long long way from past it..they are all still rep players for Gods sake.
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Its all a guessing game.. we dont know if or what concessions will be made to Storm - which the NRL have said they would do.
We still have not clear picture of how much we are over and what that amount will be next year.

Until the investigation is concluded - Storm itself would have no real idea what they are doing.

Its just juro's trying to guess and write more B/S to stur up the Strom and the supporters.

Lets just wait and see....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i dont mind them leaving it will be very sad when they do but i dont want them to leave before the end of the year i want them to havve a chance to say goodbye to the fans
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Why is this investigation taking so long? Surely its not too difficult to put all the contracts
together and work it all out? Heck, we're lead to believe they already know about these
secondary contracts anyway. Why do I feel like its all a stalling tactic? The whole thing is
taking far too long. I just want it over with so we know our real position and can move
ahead from there.