If I was a Billionaire....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm so disillusioned with the NRL at the moment If I was super loaded this is the NEW league I would Propose

SHL  Southern Hemisphere league

TEAMS:

Brisbane Broncos
NQ Cowboys
Gold Coast Titans
Central Queensland Cougers
Melbourne Storm
Auckland Warriors
Wellington Orcas
Papua New Guinea Flyers
Adelaide Rams
Perth Reds
Northeren Territory Giants
Canberra Raiders
Sydney City
Sydney West
Newcastle knights
NSW Central Coast Bears
STH COAST NSW
NORTH COAST NSW

Papua, Wellington & NT would probably be the ones to miss out for more Sydney teams.  But too many Sydney teams seems to be the problem.

That way we wouldn't be watching empty stadiums in Sydney each week.  7,500 to Parra game disgraceful!  The AFL is run so much better than us but their on field game isn't half as good.  The way our comp is run is crazy.  AFL Give Brisbane Salary Cap concessions which helps them to 3 premierships.  NRL takes away half of the team of the decades history.  Now we can headbutt in our game and it is okay as long as player isn't knocked out.  You can't even headbutt in UFC.  The premiership should be the holy grail of Rugby league not Origin.  There are too many good players who could never play Origin.  Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Benji Marshall, Sonny Bill, Stephen Kearney etc.  Origin is never the best players because half of them are not eligible.  These are all just my opinions sorry to rant on.  Peace out. The Mauritian
Last edited by The Mauritian on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

you'd need more than a billion to do all that  :o
2012 premiers. Legit.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm talking Bill Gates Billionaire.  Fanciful I know
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm hearing you being disillusioned with the NRL right now because with goldenboy Hayne getting off yet again by the judiciary (coincidentally) before a big game i've never been more so. That was just about the last straw on top of the farcical way they've handled our whole salary cap affair. That said if i were a billionaire i wouldn't bother with a whole new league, all i would do is buy our club and turn it back to more how it was in our formation years. I know the game is much more professional these days as opposed to our first few years at the old social club but just because that's the case it doesn't mean you have to do away with everything that has made this club so great and what/where it was built from completely.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

if you were a billionaire ild become your best friend.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Brian
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: if you were a billionaire ild become your best friend.
metoo
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: I'm so disillusioned with the NRL at the moment If I was super loaded this is the NEW league I would Propose

SHL  Southern Hemisphere league

TEAMS:

Brisbane Broncos
NQ Cowboys
Gold Coast Titans
Central Queensland Cougers
Melbourne Storm
Auckland Warriors
Wellington Orcas
Papua New Guinea Flyers
Adelaide Rams
Perth Reds
Northeren Territory Giants
Canberra Raiders
Sydney City
Sydney West
Newcastle knights
NSW Central Coast Bears
STH COAST NSW
NORTH COAST NSW

Papua, Wellington & NT would probably be the ones to miss out for more Sydney teams.  But too many Sydney teams seems to be the problem.

That way we wouldn't be watching empty stadiums in Sydney each week.  7,500 to Parra game disgraceful!  The AFL is run so much better than us but their on field game isn't half as good.  The way our comp is run is crazy.  AFL Give Brisbane Salary Cap concessions which helps them to 3 premierships.  NRL takes away half of the team of the decades history.  Now we can headbutt in our game and it is okay as long as player isn't knocked out.  You can't even headbutt in UFC.  The premiership should be the holy grail of Rugby league not Origin.  There are too many good players who could never play Origin.  Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Benji Marshall, Sonny Bill, Stephen Kearney etc.  Origin is never the best players because half of them are not eligible.  These are all just my opinions sorry to rant on.  Peace out. The Mauritian
ADelaide are a pipedream. The only reason they got a start in Super LEague is because the News Ltd corporate headquarters was based in Adelaide during the 1990s. Adelaide as a city offer nothing to rugby league in my opinion. Cronulla took a game there last year and it was a deadset fizzer. Only 6000 turned up. Same as Storm vs Penrith in 2006. The height of Adelaide's RL success were the annual St. George Vs Canberra fixtures in the mid 90s and the night the Rams beat Stain George at Adelaide Oval . They were up by 2 points with 20 seconds to go and Tony Iro got the ball and just started running around in circles with nobody offering to tackle him. Gold.

AS for PNG; they need to have a presence but you'd have trouble getting the whiteys to go live in PNG or anywhere near enough to play train etc and to be honest the logistics aren't that ideal. NZ is a different matter. I'd also suggest Port Moresby Vipers who played in QLD Cup in 1997 as opposed to the Flyers.

Perth and Central Coast are an absolute must ,for expansion and even Gallop has said they have the strongest case out of all 4 bids. Central Queensland (I reckon they should be the Comets who have always played QLD Cup) and either a 3rd SE QLD (based out of either Logan, Redcliffe or Ipswhich) or 2nd NZ after WA and Central Coast.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brian wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: if you were a billionaire ild become your best friend.
metoo
[glow=red,2,300]ME  TOO[/glow]
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]