Bored on a Friday night...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

It's the night that storm fans despise the most...playing interstate on a Friday Night. No matter what game, where it's played, we always seem to be forced to keep the eyelids open to the early hours of Saturday Morning,  even for matches as big as the one currently being played between the two grand finalist of last year.
You see, I was born in the heartland of rugby league...smack-bang in the middle of Sydney before migrating in the western suburbs, Ironically about a 10 minute walk from Parramatta stadium. My life was rugby league, the family activity was watching Friday Night footy, regardless of who was playing. Being able to invite 5-10 family members and friends over for a feed and watch a great game of Rugby League certainly tops the list of what I miss about Sydney the most.
Now I live in a state where storm fans are certainly more loyal and passionate than those that live in Sydney, but are shown very little to no reward. Channel nine at 7.30 pm tonight weren't showing us was promised to be a great game of footy, they showed an American sitcom instead...correctly if I'm wrong but surely Melbourne V Parra would have attracted more interest than two and a half men?
People have a go at me and say I'm winging about nothing..."Just watch a live stream" they say...well the point is we shouldn't have to, the Melbourne Storm have done more than enough to establish themselves in Victoria to have their rare Friday night game shown live on nine. Yeah sure this rant is going to change absolutely nothing, but seriously we shouldn't have to go through this.
But staying up until 12.00 am to watch us play is a sacrifice I'm absolutely willing to make for the Melbourne Storm.

AND IF ANYONE REVEALS TONIGHT'S RESULT EXPECT A COWBELL TO THE HEAD NEXT HOME GAME
;)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
AND IF ANYONE REVEALS TONIGHT'S RESULT EXPECT A COWBELL TO THE HEAD NEXT HOME GAME
;)
Don't read the Storm v. Eels thread then.
You had me at meat tornado.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote:
;)
Don't read the Storm v. Eels thread then.
Never planned too
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just don't want a cowbell to the head.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree. I despise Friday night away games. Completely powerless to do anything.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote: I just don't want a cowbell to the head.
You get one anyway  ;-)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

You'd have to catch me first.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's pathetic, they show our home game live against the gate yet won't show our away game. Totally pathetic but then we have David Gallop to thank for it as he signed off on this great tv rights deal we have, and he's too spineless to force NEIN to honour their contract to start the game before midnight.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: It's pathetic, they show our home game live against the gate yet won't show our away game. Totally pathetic but then we have David Gallop to thank for it as he signed off on this great tv rights deal we have, and he's too spineless to force NEIN to honour their contract to start the game before midnight.
Typical Channel None, they have been showing games in Melbourne live against the gate, when fans are at the game for years. But when we can't go to the games when the Storm play interstate they have it on at 12:05am. I think they do this so they can one keep the crowds down for our home games and say it doesn't rate because a lot of people who would normally watch are at the game.

I hope the government change the anti-siphoning laws so Channel none (or whoever have the rights) are forced to show the matches into Melbourne live at least on Go!, 7 Two etc.

The thing I don't understand is that with the AFL on Seven at 8:30, it is half time or later by the time the AFL starts and with all the spite in the game last night, it would have been compelling viewing even for people who are sports fans but aren't usually NRL fans. Plus the AFL match last night was St Kilda v Richmond, pleeease!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What I hate is turning over to Channel 9 and catching the end of the news and getting the result.  When I watch the game on 9 (when foxtel shows it as the second game) I always miss the first five minutes because I have been caught out before.

I also don't go on the internet - just in case so it can be a very long wait :icon_frown:
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i hate interstate away games also.  I don't have the flashest computer so I can't follow online.
I would have gone to the Rising Sun Hotel and watch the imparja feed but when I found out that our game was the 2nd game at 9.30, I just followed the scores online.

If there is any consolation, I don't think Ch9 will be putting us either on Friday or Sunday for the rest of 2010.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]