FULL STORM TEAM BREAKDOWN

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just so you guys can get a black & white picture of whats happening here at the storm (MAINLY AIMED AT DREAMING OPPOSTION FANS) im gonna give an estimated run down of our figures and contracts situation for the near future as i am getting sick of the speculation and absurd rumours, firstly a player run down:

Billy Slater - $500,000 per year, signed until 2012
Matt Duffie - $55,000 per year, signed until 2012
Dane Nielsen - $125,000 per year, contract EXPIRES this year (2010)
Greg Inglis - $600,000 per year, signed until 2012
Anthony Quinn - $225,000 per year, signed until 2011
Brett Finch - $150,000 per year, contract EXPIRES this year (2010)
Cooper Cronk - $300,000 per year, signed until 2013
Aidan Tolman - $150,000 per year, signed with the BULLDOGS for 2011
Cameron Smith - $600,000 per year, signed until 2012
Brett White - $250,000 per year, signed until 2011
Adam Blair - $250,000 per year, signed until 2012
Ryan Hoffman - $300,000 per year, signed until 2011
Todd Lowrie - $150,000 per year, signed until 2011
Ryan Hinchcliffe - 125,000 per year, signed until 2011
Jeff Lima - $200,000 per year, contract EXPIRES this year (2010)
Kevin Proctor - 125,000 per year, signed until 2011
Sika Manu - 150,000 per year, signed until 2011 with a get out option for 2010
Ryan Tandy - 55,000 per year, signed until 2011
Bryan Norrie - 55,000 per year, contract EXPIRES this year (2010)
Gareth Whiddop - 55,000 per year, signed until 2011
Sione Kite - 55,000 per year, signed until 2011
Jesse Bromwich - 55,000 per year, signed until 2011
Chase Stanley 100,000 per year, signed until 2011
Luke MacDougall  - 55,000 per year, contract EXPIRES this year (2010)
Luke Kelly - 55,000 per year, signed until 2011

THESE ARE EDUCATED ESTIMATES, THATS AROUND $5.3 MILLION TOTAL, $1.1 MILLION OVER THE CURRENT $4.2 MILLION NRL SALARY CAP ($1.1 MILLION IS THE AMOUNT USUALLY FLUNG AROUNG IN THE MEDIA LATELY)

NOW THE FOLLOWING HAS OCCURED

- Aidan Tolman has signed with the BULLDOGS
- Brett Finch has been granted a release
- Jeff Lima has been granted a release

ACCORDING TO THIS WE HAVE ALREADY SHED $500,000 FROM THE $1.1 MILLION, MEANING WE NEED TO SHED $600,000 MORE.
IF WE ARE GRANTED THE SALARY CAP INCREASE FOR NEXT YEAR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THATS ANOTHER $300,000 OFF, BRINGING OUR TOTAL TO $300,000 OVER FOR 2011.
NOW ILL IGNORE THE PROPOSED LONG SERVICE CUTS FOR NEXT YEAR AS IM SURE MR GALLOP WILL MAKE SURE WE CANT PUT OURS IN EFFECT TO KEEP OUR SQUAD TOGETHER, BY MY COUNT IF WE:

- RELEASE 3 MORE PLAYERS TO THE COMBINED VALUE OF $650,000 AND REPLACE THE 6 TOTAL RELEASED PLAYERS WITH MINIMUM WAGE FOOTBALLERS WE CAN GET UNDER IN 2011, FOR EXAMPLE:

- Release Brett White, Ryan Hoffman and Dane Nielsen ($675,000)
- Promote Dane Chisholm, Billy Rogers, Robbie Rochow, Justin O'Neill, Willie Isa, Sinbad Kali all on $55,000 MINIMUM WAGE CONTRACTS.
- Re-sign Norrie & MacDougall

WE ARE UNDER THE CAP WITH THIS SQUAD:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Whiddop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Jesse Bromwich
16. Kevin Proctor
17. Sione Kite

18. Luke MacDougall
19. Robbie Rochow
20. Sinbad Kali
21. Luke Kelly
22. Dane Chisholm
23. Willie Isa
24. Justin O'Neill
25. Billy Rogers

IM EXCITED...

THE FOLLOWING ARE RUMOURS IVE SEEN AND HEARD SINCE THE DRAMA BEGAN:

Slater - Melbourne Rebels, Brisbane Broncos
Nielsen - Cronulla Sharks
Inglis - Essendon Bombers, NY Jets, Brisbane Broncos, Penrith Panthers, Sydney Roosters, Canterbury Bulldogs
Cronk - St George Dragons, Parramatta Eels
White - NZ Warriors
Smith - Parramatta Eels
Blair - NZ Warriors, Canterbury Bulldogs
Manu - Canterbury Bulldogs
Proctor - Canterbury Bulldogs

NIELSEN AND MANU ARE THE ONLY 2 OFF THAT LIST WHO CAN CURRENTLY NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS EXCLUDING PLAYERS WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN GRANTED A RELEASE LIKE LIMA AND FINCH.

NOW ANYONE OUT THERE WHO WAS CONCERNED ABOUT HOW TO KEEP OUR BIG 4 TOGETHER... BAM!     KEEP DREAMING!!!!!!!

(also take into account i have not even put in pay cuts and long service concessions which are strong possibilities)

** all figures and contract lengths are to the very best of my recollection.. but you get the jist :P
Last edited by 1999 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mmmmmm Inglis would be nuts not to take $4-$30mil a year with the jets,even dumber to sign with AFL if he isnt going to the US
Those others however,Manly and Easts are normally reportedly after alot of stars etc,dont read to much into those
But finally a positive post and what i suggested all along,keeping the spine of the team as strong as you can and training some more
unknowns/retards how to play like a winner

This should be put into action and finally ill have what i want,a strong nemisis like 2007-2010 and the only other club that realistically
can look forward to a premiership in the next say 3 years

sure sure you'll be like "What about SAINT CHOKE?",theyve been accounted for as has the *supposedly "cheating" storm and other so
called title contenders and the rest have been mopped up by dark horses that we have basically embarrased
2011 will be the restart of the real premiership because without a 2nd contender its not really even a 2 horse race

*I say supposedly because i realise that the so called cheating was more a fact of being lima lima lima duck over by current cap rules on developing
players which i find absolutely disgusting,if you find a player whos circling the drain (I can only think of manly players at this hour....such as
Perry,Kite,Rodney,Rose and numourous others and yes i know you have your own,i just dont know theyre names at this point in time)

,get him back in win mode then your not cheating anything by giving him his just rewards in his pay on future contracts for awesome service
on the field for the said club,im at a loss to see the cheating in that,dont get me wrong the tactics used by Waldron may have been completely
underhanded and going around a rule that does not include the cost of development of such players (Slater,Inglis,Cronk and yes even Smith)
Without the storm lets face it,QLD would be at 6 series defeats in a row no matter who NSW named,its well and good to have 2 of the best steering
you around the park (Lockyer,Thurston) but without the go forward and flare that those 4 names create (5 if you include Folau) then it doesnt really
matter whos steering the ship,its still gunna sink

Sorry for wall of text,late night venting
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:
Promote Dane Chisholm, Billy Rogers, Robbie Rochow, Justin O'Neill, Willie Isa, Sinbad Kali all on $55,000 MINIMUM WAGE CONTRACTS.
They already are on minimum wage and in our top 25 with the exception of Rochow so u may want to factor that in.
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think you will find the list at the top with the salaries are our fulltime top 25 ATM, the others are part time squad members on a wage but NOT included in the NRL cap as they are considered second tier
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The world may very well end as I submit this (a storm fan agreeing with a manly fan is very unnatural after all), but, I think th eagle makes some very good points there.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Thor19
Squall
Squall

great work on the numbers there!

If News Ltd say that the contracts must be fulfilled then this is a pretty good line up for next year.

It's going to be tough but we will get through this year and 2011 will be greater.
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.