ROUND 12 AVERAGE CROWDS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote: The Roosters game is on the Queens Birthday, though, right?
Fark. Ever since I starting my new job after 11 years in retail where I was always going to have to work public holidays I always need reminding that I don't have to go to work on Boxing Day, Queens Birthday, Australia Day, ANZAC Day etc.

I was planning to not go to the Roosters game as it's been a bitch at work over the last fortnight and was expecting this week and next to be the same but seeing as I won't be tensed up cos I don't have to go to work I'll probably go now...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Roosters game was announced before the salary cap drama.  I have seen two different articles and they both said all Storm games will be on Saturday night for the rest of the season.  All game annouced since the drama has been this.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its been confirmed, we play the Roosters Monday night and the Cowboys, Sat. night 5.30pm game.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also the game after the Cows against the Panfers has been confirmed to be at 7.30 on the Saturday night as well. Albeit it 5 fricken weeks later!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The fact that it is on a public hol will work against us I reckon.
Many people would base their decision to attend on the fact that they may work in or close to the city and then attend the game after work. But on a public holiday, nobody will be at work and will influence many people's decision.
The Monday night games works OK if it's on an actual workday.
2012 premiers. Legit.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Raiders game is Sunday 01.08.10 at 2.00pm.  So much for every Storm game being on a Saturday night.  What to the Sydney papers know.  If they got this report wrong, what else have they reported incorrectly.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote: The Raiders game is Sunday 01.08.10 at 2.00pm.  So much for every Storm game being on a Saturday night.  What to the Sydney papers know.  If they got this report wrong, what else have they reported incorrectly.
That's still the Fox Sports game, though.  We probably won't get a game on Nine for the rest of the season.
You had me at meat tornado.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote: The Raiders game is Sunday 01.08.10 at 2.00pm.  So much for every Storm game being on a Saturday night.  What to the Sydney papers know.  If they got this report wrong, what else have they reported incorrectly.
has that been confirmed? i was on the nrl site today and it was still saying tba. it's just that i'm trying to book flights to come down for the weekend so want to make sure i don't miss the game .
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormfan, The NRL site is useless.  It never updates the draw early.  I always go to the Foxsports News site, click on NRL and then fixtures.  I check daily and it was updated late today.  Also, check the Raiders web site.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:
The fact that it is on a public hol will work against us I reckon.
Many people would base their decision to attend on the fact that they may work in or close to the city and then attend the game after work. But on a public holiday, nobody will be at work and will influence many people's decision.
The Monday night games works OK if it's on an actual workday.
Maybe, but I think it will be better for us if its not a workday...gives more people time to travel if you don't work close to the city.

There's also an afl game across the road, Collingwood/Melb in the afternoon?...maybe some of those will crossover.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

This monday night will provide the true test of loyalty and show how many fans will stick around for the rest of this season. Playing for nothing, without our big name stars, on a cold winter Monday night. I know I will be there...
stormfan
Squall
Squall

thanks glennb
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The reason why this match is on a Sunday is because the Wallabies play the All Blacks at Etihad on the Saturday night.