Player ratings vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Widdop - 8 (Great game, good D and great support play, big metres, also got a meat pie)
2. Duffie - 7 (Solid if unspectacular, great hold up on gordon)
3. Stanley - 7 (Looked the goods, great footwork and nice pass to widdop for his try, also nabbed his own 4 pointer)
4. Neilson - 10 (WOW, best game ive ever seen from him)
5. MacDougall - 8 (Also played his best game in storm colours, top try thanks to good hustle, some jarring D and solid diffusion)
6. Finch - 8 (Led the kids great today, strong tackling and some nice shifts)
7. Cronk - 6 (Thought he looked a lil tired and made some uncharictaristic mistakes, solid D as always)
8. Norrie - 6 (Did his job without too much flash)
9. Hinchcliffe - 7 (Great work around the ruck on attack and defence, i like this kid)
10. Manu - 9 (POWERHOUSE, god i hope he stays, unbelievable strength)
11. Blair - 7 (Not great, not terrible)
12. Hoffman - 6 (Constantly gets dominated, our shifts left work well if he stays out of the way, ok defence)
13. Lowrie - 4 (Drop this nuffy now, why did we sign him? adds absolutely nothing)

14. Kostjasyn - 7 (Looked sharp with limited minutes)
15. Tandy - 6 (Bit of an off game, some strong hit ups)
16. Proctor - 7 (Workman like, honest toiler)
17. Tolman - 5 (Poor for his standards, afew missed tackles and afew uncharictaristic turnovers)

Overall a great win and the form of our young brigade makes me feel better about losing some experienced players next year.

WELL DONE BOYS!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Without disecting each player it was just a great tough effort from the boys today and even more so with Bill Cam GI and Whitey out. Was very disappointed when Chase went down but hopefully it's nothing overly serious, i'm a huge wrap for him and think he's a massive part of rebuilding our future.
lionstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Agree with your ratings. Finch was probably a 9/10 though - he was awesome, carved them up for fun. My heart broke a little bit when he confirmed he wouldnt be with us next yr.
Neilsen just looks like he's starting to get comfy on the side & macdougall - how do you drop him after his effort?
Lowrie I read somewhere was off contract, I thought he sign on for 2 - but I agree, probably play Leary (20's) or some other cheapy if we have too, stuff it - play Manu there. Hinchy is way under rated & very impressed with Chase.
Overall - not a bad effort with only - '1 of the big 4 playing'
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lionstorm wrote: Lowrie I read somewhere was off contract, I thought he sign on for 2
You're right, we did sign him for 2 years. It's the know nothing Sydney media that informed everyone he's off contract at the end of this year. Yes, they actually get paid for reporting on it and they're the "experts" of our game. Very hard to believe i know.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nielsen was good but would rather him on the wing, his passing is very limited.

Agree 100 o/o on your comment about hoffy, been annoying me for a couple of years now.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nadruku wrote: nielsen was good but would rather him on the wing, his passing is very limited.

Agree 100 o/o on your comment about hoffy, been annoying me for a couple of years now.
Yeah my thoughts exactly on Nielson ,

And i dont want to bag the kid because I think he has been fantastic since playing first grade and i am a fan, 

But when he has ball in hand he has no thought of where his supports are , and basically pins his ears back and goes (usually cuts back inside) , elusive runner he can be , but tends to run away from any support that might be with him, i wouldn't like to be a winger playing outside him ,

So in attack he is better suited to the wing IMO as well , which in some ways is a shame because he turning into  a really solid  defender in the midfield
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Finch had a blinder - shows himself as a leader,
Duffie - I thing you rated him a bit low - thought he had a great game and positionally good in defence.
Neilson - is growing on me - once you realised that he just doesn't pass (I think there was one in the warriors game) you can admire the game he dose have!  Maybe he'll add a pass to his game shortly :)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lionstorm wrote: Finch was probably a 9/10 though - he was awesome, carved them up for fun. My heart broke a little bit when he confirmed he wouldnt be with us next yr.
Head up i know that feeling,clubs at this level have quality players waiting for an opportunity
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler