Crowd and atmosphere for Sunday's game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

as the second game at Aami park I think this will be a first chance to see what our normal crowd size will be at the new stadium.  We always get a great crowd for first game of the season - the Warriors game saw the fans rally around the storm, then the first game in the new stadium - and a broncos game to boot- always bigger crowd.  It will be interesting to see what our numbers are on sunday.  The weather may be a bit ordinary - showers.

Also I wonder what people felt about the atmosphere at Aami?  I was disappointed with the amount of chanting and cheering, but it is always hard when we are being flogged.  I wonder if having the corporates in the middle of the stand diffuses the atmosphere - I would have no idea if the top of the stand had started a chant.  I missed the cow bell and the blokes who would stand at the back of the Nikau stand with the player songs.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am guessing we will get a crowd of around 14,000 to the game.  There are 2 afl games on at the MCG and at Etihad and this might influence the nos. attending our game.

The atmosphere and support for the boys at the Broncos game was awesome, even though we were beaten badly.
I hope that sort of support continues.

I personally hate day games for some reason....never the same sort of atmosphere as a night game.

Does anyone know if this game is the foxtel game or a Ch.9 game?
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote: I am guessing we will get a crowd of around 14,000 to the game.  There are 2 afl games on at the MCG and at Etihad and this might influence the nos. attending our game.

The atmosphere and support for the boys at the Broncos game was awesome, even though we were beaten badly.
I hope that sort of support continues.

I personally hate day games for some reason....never the same sort of atmosphere as a night game.

Does anyone know if this game is the foxtel game or a Ch.9 game?

2pm fox sports game
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I have to agree with StormSally - I felt the atmosphere was lacking at the Broncos game. It was really flat where I was sitting and when so many people left early (some as early as half time) - that certainly didn't help things. I was just a little bit disappointed and felt that maybe after such a LONG wait for the new stadium - the crowd were just a little bit 'over it'.

Personally, I am looking forward to Sunday....I'll be there rain, hail or shine!

See you all there.

P.S. This week I'm going to sit at the Bai Stand end - I am determined to try as many areas as possible before selecting my membership package for next year. Hopefully the atmosphere will be better than at the other end for the Broncos game.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think the people on the P.A. system need to help work the crowd up...
Get some chants going and let the crowd know what is happening..

It will take some time to settle into the new stadium get use to the
people we are all sitting next to .. then hopefully people will start to
join in and get some real atmosphere happening.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

At the Broncos game, the guy I sat next to, decked out in his Storm gear, did not say boo or cheer all day.  He didn't even clap the team when they came onto the field.  :lol:  Thank goodness I had my friends the other side of me.

And to think I am going to be stuck with him all year :P
I might bring a pin and prick him this Sunday to see if he's alive :lol:
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote: as the second game at Aami park I think this will be a first chance to see what our normal crowd size will be at the new stadium.  We always get a great crowd for first game of the season - the Warriors game saw the fans rally around the storm, then the first game in the new stadium - and a broncos game to boot- always bigger crowd.  It will be interesting to see what our numbers are on sunday.  The weather may be a bit ordinary - showers.

Also I wonder what people felt about the atmosphere at Aami?  I was disappointed with the amount of chanting and cheering, but it is always hard when we are being flogged.  I wonder if having the corporates in the middle of the stand diffuses the atmosphere - I would have no idea if the top of the stand had started a chant.  I missed the cow bell and the blokes who would stand at the back of the Nikau stand with the player songs.
You and I both :( We have moved to the thundersquad, not much happening there either apparently after the first game :/
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote: I think the people on the P.A. system need to help work the crowd up...
Are you serious? I hated that at the Broncos game. The guy was driving me insane.
We'll cheer when we want to cheer, and we won't cheer when we don't want to.
I think we do a good enough job as it is without some guy with no idea getting on
the PA and telling us when to cheer. Its a bit hard to create some noise when your
team is getting flogged.
Last edited by Hailstorm on Sat May 29, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From where I sat we did not hear much from the PA at all.....

And yes the person on the PA needs to know the game and
have a passion for the Storm.. but like I said we barely heard
the PA....

Everyone is different though ....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I refuse to cheer when told by the PA guy... but that's just me!  :lol:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Aaaalright Storm fans, let's hear a big "go Storm!" on three!  One... two... threeeee!

Wish that guy would shut up.
You had me at meat tornado.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: I refuse to cheer when told by the PA guy... but that's just me!  :lol:
Not just you.

I thought we didn't do that bad considering the scoreline. Weren't we all like cheering like crazy for the guys even in the last 10 minutes when the game was well and truly beyond us? I know I was!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our PA guy is absolute balls,he plays a recorded chant when the crowds dead
Goodluck with your crowdsize :)
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote: I think the people on the P.A. system need to help work the crowd up...

It will take some time to settle into the new stadium get use to the
people we are all sitting next to .. then hopefully people will start to
join in and get some real atmosphere happening.
Disagree Cactus annoys the hell out of me
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That would have been a reasonable crowd at Olympic,

At the new stadium it does seem smaller due to the empty seats,but the atmosphere is ok I reckon ,

But I'm loving the closer seats  , could actually hear the body contact today.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm